Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Canto XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dante compare himself to Aeneas and Paul in Canto 2?
(a) He is as flawed as they.
(b) He is not as worthy as they.
(c) He is as lost as they.
(d) He is stronger than they.
2. Of what does the river in which the violent are punished consist?
3. What does Cavalcante de' Cavalcanti incorrectly think he has learned about his son in Canto 10?
(a) He has joined with the Guelfs.
(b) He has died.
(c) He has a daughter.
(d) He has assumed elected office.
4. At the beginning of Canto 11, a sign on the cliff announces that who is kept in the circle below?
(a) An emperor.
(b) A great poet.
(c) A pope.
(d) An archangel.
5. Of what does the River Styx consist?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the composition of the river that Virgil and Dante approach at the end of Canto 14?
2. Why are souls put into Limbo?
3. Why is Dante pale at the beginning of Canto 9?
4. According to Virgil, why are the sinners he and Dante have already met less offending to God than those below?
5. What perches in the tree in Canto 13?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)