Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Canto XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Canto 1, what does Virgil prophesy the vice-less greyhound will do?
(a) Die by the hand of the she-wolf.
(b) Save Italy.
(c) Speak to Dante.
(d) Descend from the mountain.
2. Which mythical beast do the Furies threaten to fetch in Canto 9?
(a) The Krakon.
(d) The Hydra.
3. What sin have the sinners of the fourth circle committed?
(a) Carnal desire.
(c) Betrayal of country.
4. At the beginning of Canto 8, how does the Tower indicate that two souls have approached it?
(a) It emits two flames.
(b) It drops two stones.
(c) It drops two banners.
(d) It sounds the ram's horn twice
5. Which of the following persons is not listed as being in Limbo in Canto 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Virgil and Dante wait a few moments at the beginning of Canto 11 before descending the cliff to the seventh circle?
2. What does the inscription on the gates of Hell in Canto 3 tell souls to abandon before they enter?
3. How does Dante react to the torments of the second circle in Canto 5?
4. Why is Dante pale at the beginning of Canto 9?
5. Who demands that the guardians of the dread gate allow entry in Canto 9?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)