Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Canto XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What standard do souls outside the gates of Hell carry in Canto 3?
(a) A grey banner.
(b) A blank flag.
(c) A red banner.
(d) A Roman standard.
2. At the beginning of Canto 11, a sign on the cliff announces that who is kept in the circle below?
(a) A great poet.
(b) An archangel.
(c) An emperor.
(d) A pope.
3. Which descriptor best describes Virgil's attitude toward his quest with Dante at the beginning of Canto 9?
4. Why did Dante last enter the dread city?
(a) To speak with Satan.
(b) To torment heretics.
(c) To guide another living soul.
(d) To retrieve a lost soul.
5. What sin have the sinners of the fourth circle committed?
(b) Betrayal of country.
(c) Carnal desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Canto 13, what does Virgil say will happen if he breaks a branch from a tree?
2. Why are souls put into Limbo?
3. In Canto 8, why can Filippo Argenti not get into the ferry with Dante?
4. Who demands that the guardians of the dread gate allow entry in Canto 9?
5. Why are Jacomo da Sant' Andrea and Lano running in the end of Canto 13?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)