Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Canto XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does the River Styx consist?
2. How many rounds are in the eighth circle of Hell?
3. Who is not punished in the burning sands of Canto 14?
4. How are the most grievously offending sinners of Canto 14 punished in the burning sands?
(a) Their souls feed the flames that heat the sand.
(b) They are buried to their necks in the sand.
(c) They must devour the sand.
(d) They must lay prostrate in the sand.
5. Why do Virgil and Dante wait a few moments at the beginning of Canto 11 before descending the cliff to the seventh circle?
(a) They say a quick prayer.
(b) The stench is overpowering.
(c) Dante is terrified of what lies below.
(d) Virgil must announce their presence to the souls below.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is kept in the fifth chasm of the eighth circle?
2. In Canto 8, why can Filippo Argenti not get into the ferry with Dante?
3. According to Virgil, why are the sinners he and Dante have already met less offending to God than those below?
4. What is the composition of the river that Virgil and Dante approach at the end of Canto 14?
5. Who is Malacoda?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)