One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Canto XXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vestige from the Harrowing of Hell does Dante notice in Canto 12?
(a) A crater in the path.
(b) A dried riverbed?
(c) An avalanche on the cliffs.
(d) A scattering of bricks and mortar.
2. Which of the following accusations is not made by Dante to the pope in Canto 19?
(a) He made the Church a whore.
(b) He lifted up the wicked.
(c) He is a lascivious wretch.
(d) He is worse than an idolater.
3. Of what act are Simonists guilty?
(a) Flattering excessively.
(b) Selling holy things.
(c) Stealing from the Church.
(d) Lying to themselves.
4. What does Dante tell Count Guido da Montefeltro of Romagna in Canto 27?
(a) It has been sacked.
(b) There are no wars there.
(c) Its orchards are in bloom.
(d) The Guelphs have taken it back.
5. What supernatural creatures are employed with keeping the violent in the river in Canto 12?
(a) Fallen Angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to Hell in order to save Count Guido da Montefeltro?
2. Of what does the river in which the violent are punished consist?
3. What historical leader is in the river of the violent in Canto 12?
4. What is the only part of the priests imprisoned in the third chasm that is visible in Canto 19?
5. Who does Dante blame most for the downfall of the Church in Canto 19?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)