1. In Canto 1, what does Dante say was lost to him in the Dark Wood?
(a) The virtuous way.
(b) The straight way.
(c) The pilgrim's way.
(d) The Lord's way.
2. Which of the following is not an animal that appears to Dante in Canto 1?
(a) A serpent.
(b) A leopard.
(c) A she-wolf.
(d) A lion.
3. In Canto 1, what does Virgil prophesy the vice-less greyhound will do?
(a) Descend from the mountain.
(b) Save Italy.
(c) Speak to Dante.
(d) Die by the hand of the she-wolf.
4. What role does Virgil offer to serve for Dante in Canto 1?
5. How does Dante compare himself to Aeneas and Paul in Canto 2?
(a) He is as flawed as they.
(b) He is as lost as they.
(c) He is stronger than they.
(d) He is not as worthy as they.
6. At the end of Canto 2, who does Virgil say implored him to find Dante?
(d) A lord of Florence.
This section contains 4,348 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)