1. In Canto 1, what does Dante say was lost to him in the Dark Wood?
(a) The pilgrim's way.
(b) The Lord's way.
(c) The virtuous way.
(d) The straight way.
2. Which of the following is not an animal that appears to Dante in Canto 1?
(a) A lion.
(b) A serpent.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A she-wolf.
3. In Canto 1, what does Virgil prophesy the vice-less greyhound will do?
(a) Save Italy.
(b) Descend from the mountain.
(c) Speak to Dante.
(d) Die by the hand of the she-wolf.
4. What role does Virgil offer to serve for Dante in Canto 1?
5. How does Dante compare himself to Aeneas and Paul in Canto 2?
(a) He is stronger than they.
(b) He is as lost as they.
(c) He is as flawed as they.
(d) He is not as worthy as they.
6. At the end of Canto 2, who does Virgil say implored him to find Dante?
(b) A lord of Florence.
This section contains 4,348 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)