Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Canto I | Canto II Abstract
* Dante is lost in a Dark Wood.
* Virgil, at Beatrice's request, agrees to guide Dante.
Canto III | Canto IV Abstract
* Dante sees the lukewarm in the plains outside Hell.
* Dante sees the righteous nonbelievers in Limbo, the first circle.
Canto V | Canto VI Abstract
* Dante sees the carnal sinners of the...
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)