Canto I | Canto II
• Dante is lost in a Dark Wood.
• Virgil, at Beatrice's request, agrees to guide Dante.
Canto III | Canto IV
• Dante sees the lukewarm in the plains outside Hell.
• Dante sees the righteous nonbelievers in Limbo, the first circle.
Canto V | Canto VI
• Dante sees the carnal sinners of the second circle.
• Dante speaks with Ciacca the glutton about Florence in the third circle.
Canto VII | Canto VIII
• Dante sees the avaricious and prodigal punished in the fourth circle.
• Dante crosses the Styx, where the wrathful are punished.
• Fallen angels try to halt Dante and Virgil.
• An angel from Heaven gains Dante and Virgil entry to Dis.
• Dante learns of his exile from Florence from the heretic Farinata.
• Dante learns Beatrice will tell his whole life's path.
• Virgil explains who is kept in the lowest circles of Hell.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)