|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose photograph is on the cover of the first Erudite report that Beatrice throws into the chasm in Chapter Twenty-Five?
2. What kind of job does Christina say she may want now that initiation is over in Chapter Thirty-Two?
(a) Initiation training.
(b) Border surveillance.
(c) Governmental auditor.
3. Whom does Beatrice punch for taunting her in Chapter Twenty-Four?
4. Four says in Chapter Twenty-Six that he has a theory that selflessness and what are not that different?
5. What initiates are ranked eleventh and twelfth at the completion of the Dauntless training?
(a) Christina and Will.
(b) Peter and Edward.
(c) Molly and Drew.
(d) Christina and Molly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for Four's nickname?
2. Within the society where the novel takes place, which group is considered to be the lowest class?
3. Beatrice states in Chapter Thirty-Nine that she will not feel safe as long as which of these people are with her and Four?
4. How does Natalie rescue Beatrice from the tank of water in Chapter Thirty-Five?
5. Who does Christina say kissed her in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Beatrice and Caleb to argue in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
2. What conclusion does Four reach after Beatrice's simulation in Chapter Twenty? Why?
3. What causes Beatrice to reveal that she is not under the control of the serum in Chapter Thirty-Three?
4. What sudden realization does Beatrice have when Four kisses her in Chapter Thirty-Two? Why does she not inform Four about this discovery?
5. What new simulation do the initiates encounter in Chapter Twenty-Seven? How does Beatrice respond to this simulation?
6. What does Tori say happened to her brother? Why did this occur?
7. What does Jeanine reveal about Divergents within the Abnegation faction in Chapter Thirty-Four?
8. What discovery does Beatrice make in the final fear of the fear landscape in Chapter Twenty-Five?
9. How are the themes of fear and coming of age developed in Chapters Twenty-Five through Twenty-Seven?
10. What are the first two fears in the fear landscape Beatrice encounters in Chapter Twenty-Five? Whose fears are these?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)