|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice hears a woman's voice talking to whom about finding Divergent rebels amongst the initiates in Chapter Twenty-One?
2. Beatrice says in Chapter Thirty-Nine, "We are creatures of loss; we have left everything behind. I have no home, no path, and no_________________."
3. According to Christina in Chapter Thirty-Two, who won't shut up about wanting to be a Dauntless-leader-in-training?
4. What is the reason for Four's nickname?
(a) He has four cars.
(b) He has only four fears.
(c) He has passed the initiation four times.
(d) He was four years old when he became leader.
5. To what compound does Beatrice go to find Caleb in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
(a) The Amity compound.
(b) The Abnegation compound.
(c) The Erudite compound.
(d) The Candor compound.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tris overcome the birds in her fear landscape in Chapter Thirty?
2. Who "presses his hands against walls that are invisible" during the fear simulation in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
3. Who is the instructor for the Dauntless-born initiates that presents her fear landscape in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
4. What does Beatrice take out from her pocket on the train in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
5. What was Tori's brother's death ruled to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tori describe the abilities of those who are Divergent in Chapter Twenty?
2. Where is Beatrice going in the end of Chapter Thirty-NIne? Who is with her?
3. How are the themes of fear and coming of age developed in Chapters Twenty-Five through Twenty-Seven?
4. What new simulation do the initiates encounter in Chapter Twenty-Seven? How does Beatrice respond to this simulation?
5. Why does Beatrice hope to never see Christina again in the conclusion of the novel?
6. How would you describe the development of the relationship between Beatrice and Four in Chapter Twenty-Two?
7. What is significant about Beatrice's choice of dinner in Chapter Twenty-Eight? Why does Beatrice sigh when she realizes what choices she's made?
8. What does Four reveal about his aptitude test results in Chapter Twenty-Five?
9. What does Caleb reveal about the happenings within Erudite in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
10. What fears does Beatrice face in her fear landscape in Chapter Twenty-Nine? How does she overcome these fears?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)