|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Within the society where the novel takes place, which group is considered to be the lowest class?
(a) The Allegiant.
(b) The Dauntless.
(c) The factionless.
(d) The Erudite.
2. What does Four's father threaten to strike him with in Four's fear landscape in Chapter Twenty-Five?
(a) A tree branch.
(b) A belt.
(c) A gun.
(d) A chain.
3. The second article released from Erudite in Chapter Twenty-One discusses the failings of choosing government officials based upon what?
4. Christina is afraid of what insect?
5. What was Tori's brother's death ruled to be?
(a) An accident.
(b) A homicide.
(c) A suicide.
(d) An act of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Christina say kissed her in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
2. Where does Beatrice awaken in Chapter Twenty-Two?
3. Into what faction was Tori born?
4. Who "presses his hands against walls that are invisible" during the fear simulation in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
5. Beatrice states in Chapter Thirty-Nine that she will not feel safe as long as which of these people are with her and Four?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeanine reveal about Divergents within the Abnegation faction in Chapter Thirty-Four?
2. What does Caleb reveal about the happenings within Erudite in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
3. What fears does Beatrice face in her fear landscape in Chapter Twenty-Nine? How does she overcome these fears?
4. How does Natalie explain the different factions' fears and loathing of Divergents in Thirty-Five?
5. How are the themes of fear and coming of age developed in Chapters Twenty-Five through Twenty-Seven?
6. What is the first fear in the simulation that Beatrice faces in Chapter Twenty? How does Beatrice overcome the fear?
7. What is the central conflict that dominates Chapter Thirty-Eight? What internal conflicts does Beatrice face in this chapter?
8. What discovery does Beatrice make in the final fear of the fear landscape in Chapter Twenty-Five?
9. What causes Beatrice and Caleb to argue in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
10. Where is Beatrice going in the end of Chapter Thirty-NIne? Who is with her?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)