|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is Beatrice ordered to shoot in one of her fear simulations in Chapter Twenty-One?
(b) Her family.
2. What faction developed the mental simulations that are used in the novel?
3. Who does Christina say kissed her in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
4. What two factions are described as "both broken, their members scattered" in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
(a) Dauntless and Amity.
(b) Amity and Candor.
(c) Abnegation and Dauntless.
(d) Erudite and Abnegation.
5. Who "brushes off spiders I can't see" during the fear simulation in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kidnaps Beatrice and attempts to throw her into the chasm in Chapter Twenty-One?
2. Who administers the serum for Tris's fear landscape simulation in Chapter Twenty-Nine?
3. What floor does Peter tell Beatrice to go to in the glass building in order to find the computers in Chapter Thirty-Seven?
4. What kind of job does Christina say she may want now that initiation is over in Chapter Thirty-Two?
5. Who is ranked second among the Dauntless initiates at the completion of their training?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new simulation do the initiates encounter in Chapter Twenty-Seven? How does Beatrice respond to this simulation?
2. What causes Beatrice and Caleb to argue in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
3. How would you describe the development of the relationship between Beatrice and Four in Chapter Twenty-Two?
4. How are the themes of fear and coming of age developed in Chapters Twenty-Five through Twenty-Seven?
5. What is the first fear in the simulation that Beatrice faces in Chapter Twenty? How does Beatrice overcome the fear?
6. What does Four reveal about his aptitude test results in Chapter Twenty-Five?
7. What does Caleb reveal about the happenings within Erudite in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
8. How does Beatrice go about coercing Peter to tell her where the computer room is located in Chapter Thirty-Seven?
9. What fears does Beatrice face in her fear landscape in Chapter Twenty-Nine? How does she overcome these fears?
10. What does Tori say happened to her brother? Why did this occur?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)