|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Natalie say she has not been to see Caleb in Chapter Fifteen?
(a) Abnegation members cannot visit the Erudite compound.
(b) Her husband won't allow her to go there.
(c) She is angry with him.
(d) She's been in prison.
2. Who is described as the youngest leader of the Dauntless faction in Chapter Nine?
3. What two factions are ruled out in Beatrice's aptitude test?
(a) Amity and Candor.
(b) Erudite and Abnegation.
(c) Abnegation and Dauntless.
(d) Amity and Dauntless.
4. To what ideal is the Amity faction dedicated?
5. Beatrice describes her father's eyes as looking at her with what emotion as she exits the Choosing Ceremony in Chapter Six?
6. What food item does Beatrice eat for the first time at the Dauntless headquarters in Chapter Seven?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) A hamburger.
7. What is the name of Beatrice's older brother?
8. In Chapter Fourteen, Beatrice is taunted by a fellow initiate about having a birthmark where on her body?
(a) Her shoulder.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her breast.
(d) Her butt cheek.
9. Who is ranked first amongst the non-Dauntless-born initiates in Chapter Eighteen?
10. How long does Four say that Tris's fear simulation lasted in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Seven minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Three minutes.
11. What word has been spray painted on Beatrice's pillow in Chapter Ten?
12. Who is Beatrice slotted to fight on the first day of fighting in Chapter Nine?
(b) No one.
13. What faction did Will belong to before joining Dauntless?
14. What faction is dedicated to courage in the novel?
15. Who is Christina slated to fight on the first day of fighting in Chapter Nine?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what ideal is the Abnegation faction dedicated?
2. The setting of Divergent is a futuristic depiction of what American city?
3. What nickname does Beatrice assign herself as a Dauntless initiate?
4. Who suggests during the game in Chapter Twelve, "I vote we go all out. Hide the flag well enough that they can't find it"?
5. What is the name of the young woman that administers Beatrice's aptitude test?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)