|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Shevek temporarily escape?
2. Why does Shevek think that they have fewer choices?
3. Who tells Shevek he is restricted to campus?
4. Where is Oiie's family located?
5. Why does Keng say Urras is a paradise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss your thoughts on the following statement: Married couples or people in long-term relationships should live apart so they can achieve their own goals and develop their own life.
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, Shevek founds a printing syndicate to counter censorship. What do you think a printing syndicate could achieve? What effect do newspapers have on the public conscious? Think abut censorship in America. How have people battled against it?
Essay Topic 3
Shevek writes two papers in the novel.
1) Principles of Simultanely
2) General Temporal Theory
Describe each paper and discuss how Shevek's ideas have matured through the novel.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)