|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Efor take Shevek?
2. Where does Takver work?
3. To where does Shevek temporarily escape?
4. What happens in the summer?
5. What does Takver convince Shevek to do to get his paper published?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, Arranes is often seen as a Utopia and Urranes as a Dystopia. What is a Utopia and what is a Dystopia? Do you think people have different ideas of what Dystopia and Utopia are?
Essay Topic 2
The wall is an important metaphor in the story and means different things at different points.
1) What does the wall that surrounds the Port of Anarres symbolize?
2) What is the significance of the prison walls that surround Kadagv?
3) What is the link between the wall and Shevek's parents?
4) What do you think the overall meaning of the wall is?
Essay Topic 3
How does the novel reflect the 1960s and 1970s concerns?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)