|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Shevek try to strike up a conversation?
2. Who tells Shevek he is restricted to campus?
3. Why does Keng believe her planet will never be like Anarres
4. Where do the resistance group hold a rally?
5. How long does Shevek shut himself in his room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the 4th chapter, Shevek meets his mother for the first time in years. What does his reaction show about him as a person? Does the meeting help or hinder his progress? Does he change in any way after the meeting?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss your thoughts on the following statement: Married couples or people in long-term relationships should live apart so they can achieve their own goals and develop their own life.
Essay Topic 3
The Anarres government tries its best to portray Urras in a negative light. What countries and groups do you think America presents in a negative light in:
1) The media
What are the reasons for doing this? What effect does it have?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)