|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what group is Tuio Maedda a member?
2. Where do the rebels smuggle Shevek?
3. To whom does Shevek want to give his theory?
4. What does Rulag say when Shevek brings up the possibility of an Anarresti visiting Urras?
5. What do Shevek and the council think Anarres is compared to Urras?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shevek writes two papers in the novel.
1) Principles of Simultanely
2) General Temporal Theory
Describe each paper and discuss how Shevek's ideas have matured through the novel.
Essay Topic 2
A major theme in the book is that different people have different ideas and at one point Shevek has an argument with Vea. How do their opinions differ? Why is it important that they come to a compromise?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think Ursula's Le Guin's viewpoint is in the novel? In what ways does she show it?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)