|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name do Takver and Shevek give their daughter?
2. Which group of people turn on Shevek when he goes to talk to them about his views?
3. To where does Shevek travel to meet Takver?
4. Who tells Shevek he is restricted to campus?
5. What manuscript does Shevek complete during Takver's pregnancy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, Arranes is often seen as a Utopia and Urranes as a Dystopia. What is a Utopia and what is a Dystopia? Do you think people have different ideas of what Dystopia and Utopia are?
Essay Topic 2
What are Shevak's goals in this book? How does he achieve them? What mistakes does he make? How does he learn from his mistakes?
Essay Topic 3
What similarities do Le Guin's worlds have with our own world?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)