|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shevek think he will achieve by going to Urras?
2. What has Shevek decided to set up?
3. Why does Keng say Urras is a paradise?
4. Why is Shevek restricted to campus?
5. What does Bedap say one seeks to avoid on Anarres?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss your thoughts on the following statement: Married couples or people in long-term relationships should live apart so they can achieve their own goals and develop their own life.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Shevek's character.
1) What is his background?
2) What does he look like?
3) What are his motivations and objectives?
4) Why is he so important to the two worlds?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, Arranes is often seen as a Utopia and Urranes as a Dystopia. What is a Utopia and what is a Dystopia? Do you think people have different ideas of what Dystopia and Utopia are?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)