|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character writes the introduction to Shevek's paper?
2. Why does Dr. Kimoe throw Shevek's pajamas in the trash?
3. What surrounds the Anarranes port?
4. Which city is the center of life and science on Anarres?
5. What does Shevek name the street where he does his shopping?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shevek reflect the values on Anarres?
2. What does Shevek hope to achieve with his printing syndicate?
3. In what way does Shevek re-evaluate his purpose on Urras?
4. What is the only way Shevek can achieve his mission?
5. In what does Shevek now feel disorientated?
6. Why is the return of the character Bedap important?
7. In what ways does Shevek begin to feel more connected to the Urrasti people?
8. How does Vea see Shevek's ideal society?
9. How does living in Abbeney widen Shevek's limited experience?
10. What do you think Shevek discoverd at the Terran Embassy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss your thoughts on the following statement: Married couples or people in long-term relationships should live apart so they can achieve their own goals and develop their own life.
Essay Topic 2
In the 4th chapter, Shevek meets his mother for the first time in years. What does his reaction show about him as a person? Does the meeting help or hinder his progress? Does he change in any way after the meeting?
Essay Topic 3
What is an anarchist society? What do you think it would be like to live in one?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)