Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Shevek and Bedap put an end to their arguing?
2. Whose grave does Shevek visit?
3. What kind of poor people does Shevek say he sees while driving about?
4. For what does Shevek ask the scientists?
5. Who tends to Shevek while he is aboard the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shevek's trip to the retail district of Nio Esseia poke holes in his belief that Urrasti society is all-providing?
2. How has Bedap's views changed since Shevek last met him?
3. In what way do Shevek and Takver deal differently with the drought?
4. Why does Tirin rebel against his society's view of the universe?
5. In what way does Efor stoke Shevek's sense of failure?
6. In what way is Shevek finding it difficult to adjust to his surroundings?
7. How does Shevek react when Rulag tells him she is proud of him?
8. How does time again become an issue in this chapter?
9. What does Shevek believe he is seeing?
10. In what ways does Shevek begin to feel more connected to the Urrasti people?
Compare Urras and Anarres. What are the negative and positive points of each society? Are there similar countries in our reality? What are their relationships?
In the 4th chapter, Shevek meets his mother for the first time in years. What does his reaction show about him as a person? Does the meeting help or hinder his progress? Does he change in any way after the meeting?
Ursula Le Gun is known as a feminist science fiction writer.
1) How are her views reflected in the novel?
2) Compare her views to feminism in today's society.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)