Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Shevek and Bedap put an end to their arguing?
2. Whose grave does Shevek visit?
3. What kind of poor people does Shevek say he sees while driving about?
4. For what does Shevek ask the scientists?
5. Who tends to Shevek while he is aboard the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shevek's trip to the retail district of Nio Esseia poke holes in his belief that Urrasti society is all-providing?
2. How has Bedap's views changed since Shevek last met him?
3. In what way do Shevek and Takver deal differently with the drought?
4. Why does Tirin rebel against his society's view of the universe?
5. In what way does Efor stoke Shevek's sense of failure?
6. In what way is Shevek finding it difficult to adjust to his surroundings?
7. How does Shevek react when Rulag tells him she is proud of him?
8. How does time again become an issue in this chapter?
9. What does Shevek believe he is seeing?
10. In what ways does Shevek begin to feel more connected to the Urrasti people?
Essay Topic 1
In what way does Shevak's move from isolation to socializing change his character? What does isolation teach him? What does socializing teach him?
Essay Topic 2
What similarities do Le Guin's worlds have with our own world?
Essay Topic 3
In the 4th chapter, Shevek meets his mother for the first time in years. What does his reaction show about him as a person? Does the meeting help or hinder his progress? Does he change in any way after the meeting?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)