|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Shevek's teacher?
2. What does Shevek decide the Anarres settlers did?
3. How did Urras punish Odo?
4. What happened to Kadagv while he was imprisoned?
5. What does Mitis tell Shedek to do while in Abbeny?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shevek reflect the values on Anarres?
2. How does Vea see Shevek's ideal society?
3. What do you think the wall means in relation to the contact he has to make with Urras?
4. How does seeing Odo's grave and prison give Shevek a better perspective?
5. Why does Tirin rebel against his society's view of the universe?
6. What is Shevek's world like?
7. Why does Shevek not see his apparent freedom as a good thing?
8. How does Bedap wake Shevek up to his original goals?
9. How will Shevek's temporal theory bring world's together?
10. For what is Shevek really fighting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Anarres government tries its best to portray Urras in a negative light. What countries and groups do you think America presents in a negative light in:
1) The media
What are the reasons for doing this? What effect does it have?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Shevek's character.
1) What is his background?
2) What does he look like?
3) What are his motivations and objectives?
4) Why is he so important to the two worlds?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss if you think the following statement is true. The adult Shevak learns that hope exists to end suffering.
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)