|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Bedap say has spent time on Segvina Island Asylum?
2. What is different about the water taps in Shevek's room?
3. How is the city different to other cities in which Shevek has lived?
4. Why is Shevek's arrival such an important occasion?
5. What surrounds the Anarranes port?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sabul prove Tirin's theory correct?
2. In what way does Shevek re-evaluate his purpose on Urras?
3. How will Shevek's temporal theory bring world's together?
4. What hope does Shevek and Ketho bring to the two planets?
5. What does Shevek now represent to his world?
6. Why it is important for Shevek and Takver not to "own each other"?
7. In what ways does Shevek begin to feel more connected to the Urrasti people?
8. Why does Shevek feel anger towards his mother when he meets her?
9. In what does Shevek now feel disorientated?
10. How does time again become an issue in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shevek writes two papers in the novel.
1) Principles of Simultanely
2) General Temporal Theory
Describe each paper and discuss how Shevek's ideas have matured through the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What is an anarchist society? What do you think it would be like to live in one?
Essay Topic 3
What are Shevak's goals in this book? How does he achieve them? What mistakes does he make? How does he learn from his mistakes?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)