Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Shevek and Bedap put an end to their arguing?
2. Whose grave does Shevek visit?
3. What kind of poor people does Shevek say he sees while driving about?
4. For what does Shevek ask the scientists?
5. Who tends to Shevek while he is aboard the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shevek's trip to the retail district of Nio Esseia poke holes in his belief that Urrasti society is all-providing?
2. How has Bedap's views changed since Shevek last met him?
3. In what way do Shevek and Takver deal differently with the drought?
4. Why does Tirin rebel against his society's view of the universe?
5. In what way does Efor stoke Shevek's sense of failure?
6. In what way is Shevek finding it difficult to adjust to his surroundings?
7. How does Shevek react when Rulag tells him she is proud of him?
8. How does time again become an issue in this chapter?
9. What does Shevek believe he is seeing?
10. In what ways does Shevek begin to feel more connected to the Urrasti people?
How does the novel reflect the 1960s and 1970s concerns?
Throughout the book, Arranes is often seen as a Utopia and Urranes as a Dystopia. What is a Utopia and what is a Dystopia? Do you think people have different ideas of what Dystopia and Utopia are?
Discuss your thoughts on the following statement: Married couples or people in long-term relationships should live apart so they can achieve their own goals and develop their own life.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)