|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tirin go mad?
(a) Because his daughter passed away
(b) Because he broke up from his wife
(c) Because his family died in the drought
(d) Because his play was censored
2. Where is Oiie's family located?
(c) Nio Esseia
3. Why is Shevek surprised at the poor living conditions he sees in Nio Esseia?
(a) He had previously thought it was a city of wealth
(b) He had never seen poverty
(c) It is a step away from an area of prosperity
(d) He was told there was no poverty in the country
4. Why does Shevek think that they have fewer choices?
(a) Shops and schools are closing down
(b) Society is becoming more bureaucratic
(c) Authorities are oppressing new ideas
(d) Society is encouraging violence
5. What is located at Capital Square?
(a) The government offices
(b) The President's house
(c) The main television headquarters
(d) The offices of all the main newspapers
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shevek try to strike up a conversation with his servant?
2. Why does Shevek want to start his own printing syndicate?
3. Which world does Keng say is key to Urras?
4. What did seeing Tirin make Shevek realize?
5. On what country in Urras is a revolution taking place?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)