|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the principle of instantaneous communication allow people to do?
(a) Allow people from remote areas to travel and communicate
(b) Allow people to revolt
(c) Allow people to voice their opinions
(d) Allow everyone to have access to the internet
2. Why does Rulag think the Syndicate of Initiative is not a good idea?
(a) It will create friction between the two worlds
(b) Shevek could get hurt
(c) The Urrasti will want to put her on trial for crimes
(d) It is the first step towards an Urrasti invasion
3. What has Shevek decided to set up?
(a) A rebel army
(b) A printing syndicate
(c) A homeless shelter
(d) A hospital
4. What does Shevek say the change in society is going against?
(a) The constitution
(b) The Odonian ethic of decentralization
(c) The people's basic human rights
(d) His own beliefs
5. Who does Efor take Shevek to meet?
(a) Tuio Maedda
(b) Frank Davis
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bedap and Shevek start to implement?
2. Why is Shevek surprised at the poor living conditions he sees in Nio Esseia?
3. Who has allowed the Terrans the freedom to visit other planets?
4. What manuscript does Shevek complete during Takver's pregnancy?
5. With whom does Shevek try to strike up a conversation?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)