|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Shevek and his friend show concern for on Insurrection Day?
(a) A new law that stops people talking about Urras
(b) A working class revolution
(c) That it has not rained for so long
(d) The prospect of war
2. Why does Rulag think the Syndicate of Initiative is not a good idea?
(a) Shevek could get hurt
(b) The Urrasti will want to put her on trial for crimes
(c) It will create friction between the two worlds
(d) It is the first step towards an Urrasti invasion
3. How long does Shevek shut himself in his room?
(a) Two weeks
(b) A week
(c) Three days
(d) Four days
4. About what does Efor talk to Shevek?
(a) Urras secrets
(b) The revolution
(c) His poor wages
(d) The abominable living conditions of the lower classes
5. What does Shevek think is holding him back from publishing his General Temporal Theory?
(a) Because it will put his family in danger
(b) Fear that it will be disproved
(c) Fear of imprisonment
(d) Fear of his life
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the principle of instantaneous communication allow people to do?
2. What does Rulag say when Shevek brings up the possibility of an Anarresti visiting Urras?
3. To whom does Shevek find himself attracted?
4. What does Shevek say the change in society is going against?
5. What happens in the summer?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)