|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Shevek fighting?
(a) To end oppression
(c) An end to Anarres' isolation
(d) To end poverty
2. What does Shevek think he will achieve by going to Urras?
(a) He will keep the Odonian revolution alive
(b) He will make peace
(c) He will stop the friction between the two planets
(d) He will start a war
3. What did seeing Tirin make Shevek realize?
(a) That he has isolated himself for too long
(b) That he loves Takver
(c) That he is not crazy
(d) What few choices they have
4. Why does Keng believe her planet will never be like Anarres
(a) Because there are too many conflicting voices
(b) Because they have outlived their hope for renewal
(c) Because they are lazy
(d) Because they don't have the money
5. What does Takver convince Shevek to do to get his paper published?
(a) Let Sabul put his name to it
(b) Sleep with Sabul
(c) Bribe the authorities
(d) Reword it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keng say she will help Shevek in exchange for his theory?
2. What does Shevek do while waiting for Takver to finish her posting?
3. What does Shevek say the change in society is going against?
4. Why did Tirin go mad?
5. What disaster happens when Shevek arrives in Chakar?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)