|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which area of science do the scientists debate?
2. What kind of poor people does Shevek say he sees while driving about?
(a) Rich poor people
(b) Diseased poor people
(c) Ugly poor people
(d) Contented poor people
3. Which character writes the introduction to Shevek's paper?
(a) Dr. Atro
4. What is Palat's job?
5. From what country is Chifoilisk?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long is Kadagv imprisoned?
2. Which of his old friends does Shevek run into after the death of his teacher?
3. Where does Shevek have to go to study?
4. What year is Shevek in when Gvarab dies?
5. What is Shevek's mother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sabul prove Tirin's theory correct?
2. How does seeing Odo's grave and prison give Shevek a better perspective?
3. In what way does Shevek re-evaluate his purpose on Urras?
4. How does time again become an issue in this chapter?
5. Why is the return of the character Bedap important?
6. In what way do Shevek and Takver deal differently with the drought?
7. What symbolizes the fact they may not be living in a truly free society?
8. How does Shevek now view his own society?
9. In what way does the demonstration wake up the rebels?
10. For what is Shevek really fighting?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)