|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of poor people does Shevek say he sees while driving about?
(a) Diseased poor people
(b) Ugly poor people
(c) Rich poor people
(d) Contented poor people
2. Why did Tirin have to spend time in the asylum?
(a) He tried to escape to Urras
(b) He made a documentary about Urras
(c) He critized the Anarres president
(d) He wrote a play about Urasti coming to Anarres
3. Which character visits Shevek in the infirmary?
4. What kind of people normally have to spend time on the Segvina Island?
(b) Corrupt politicians
(c) Murderers and rapists
(d) Mentally ill people
5. Where do the Anarresti ancestors come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the journey to Urras?
2. What is Shevek's profession?
3. What does Chifoilisk tell Shevek?
4. What is the name of Shevek's father?
5. What do the engineers say Shevek can help make possible?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does seeing Odo's grave and prison give Shevek a better perspective?
2. What does the image of the wall symbolize in this chapter?
3. What does Takver's presence make Shevek realize?
4. Why is it important the Hainishman leaves his ship to look around Anarres?
5. Why do you think the citizens of Anarres do not climb the wall?
6. What does Shevek now represent to his world?
7. How has Bedap's views changed since Shevek last met him?
8. What negative aspects of Anarrasti society does the meeting highlight?
9. In what does Shevek now feel disorientated?
10. What symbolizes the fact they may not be living in a truly free society?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)