|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Sabul teach him?
2. Who stops Shevek on his way out from the dining hall?
(a) Dr. Sabul
(d) Dr. Chifoilisk
3. Who is killed during the rioting at the port?
(a) Shevek's wife
(b) A young boy
(c) A young girl
(d) A guard
4. Where does Shevek begin his teaching on Urras?
(a) Ieu Eun
(b) The University of Urras
(c) The Science Institute
5. Where do the Anarresti ancestors come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr.Kimoe give Shevek?
2. What do Shevek and his friends build?
3. For which of the doctors does Shedek show admiration?
4. Who volunteers to spend time in the prison?
5. What does Mitis tell Shedek to do while in Abbeny?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shevek realize that Tirrin's ideas were right?
2. What is the difference between Shevek and Tirn's view on why they are forbidden to interact with Urrasti?
3. In what way is Shevek finding it difficult to adjust to his surroundings?
4. What is the overall outcome of the council meeting?
5. In what way is Vea's argument similar to Bedap's?
6. What does Shevek hope to achieve with his printing syndicate?
7. How has Bedap's views changed since Shevek last met him?
8. Why does Tirin rebel against his society's view of the universe?
9. What do you think Shevek discoverd at the Terran Embassy?
10. Why is it important the Hainishman leaves his ship to look around Anarres?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)