|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hits Shevak on the shoulder?
(a) An egg
(b) A rock
(c) A toy car
(d) An iron rod
2. Which of the following is a scientific theory about which the scientists talk to Shevek?
(a) Lock theory of Urras
(b) Rational theory of the gods
(c) Relative theory of Terran Ainsetain
(d) Principle theory of nothingness
3. Where do the Anarresti ancestors come from?
4. What is Sabul's profession?
(b) Social worker
5. What is Palat's job?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which area of science do the scientists debate?
2. What is the name of Shevek's mother?
3. What does Palat tell the women at the nursery?
4. Which character does Bedap say has spent time on Segvina Island Asylum?
5. Why does Sabul become angry with Shevek?
Short Essay Questions
1. What symbolizes the fact they may not be living in a truly free society?
2. In what does time again become an important factor at the end of the chapter?
3. How does the note in Shevek finds in his pocket change his view on Urras?
4. Why is the return of the character Bedap important?
5. How does Shevek now view his own society?
6. What is the only way Shevek can achieve his mission?
7. In what does Shevek now feel disorientated?
8. In what ways does Shevek feel isolated?
9. Why is Anarres the key to Urras?
10. How does time again become an issue in this chapter?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)