|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Kadagv while he was imprisoned?
(a) He went into a trance
(b) He went insane
(c) He hallucinated
(d) He was ill
2. Why does Dr. Kimoe throw Shevek's pajamas in the trash?
(a) He does not like them
(b) Shevek has soiled them
(c) He wants to provide Shevek with silk pajamas.
(d) It costs less than having them cleaned
3. Which character visits Shevek in the infirmary?
4. What is the name given to Urras culture?
5. What did Tirrin contend with Shevek about Urras?
(a) That it was poor
(b) That no one lived there
(c) That is was an ugly place
(d) That they were being withheld information
Short Answer Questions
1. What surrounds the Anarranes port?
2. For how long is Kadagv imprisoned?
3. Who is killed during the rioting at the port?
4. Which character writes the introduction to Shevek's paper?
5. Whose grave does Shevek visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way has Anarres become resemble more a dystopia than utopia?
2. Why it is important for Shevek and Takver not to "own each other"?
3. Why does Tirin rebel against his society's view of the universe?
4. What line doe Shevek draw between the Urrasti and Anarresti pasts?
5. How is Shevek forced to reevaluate his concept of time?
6. What do you think Shevek discoverd at the Terran Embassy?
7. How does Shevek's trip to the retail district of Nio Esseia poke holes in his belief that Urrasti society is all-providing?
8. What negative aspects of Anarrasti society does the meeting highlight?
9. For what is Shevek really fighting?
10. What does the man's hand, shot off at the end of the chapter, symbolize to Shevek?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)