|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Anarresti ancestors come from?
2. What planet is Shevek from?
3. What year is Shevek in when Gvarab dies?
(a) His fouth year
(b) His third year
(c) His tenth year
(d) His second year
4. What did Tirrin contend with Shevek about Urras?
(a) That it was poor
(b) That no one lived there
(c) That is was an ugly place
(d) That they were being withheld information
5. What is Shevek's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are different about the pajamas the ship provides Shevek?
2. What do the engineers say Shevek can help make possible?
3. What does Palat give Shevek on his return?
4. What does Shevek decide the Anarres settlers did?
5. Whose grave does Shevek visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tirin rebel against his society's view of the universe?
2. How does Vea see Shevek's ideal society?
3. What is the difference between Shevek and Tirn's view on why they are forbidden to interact with Urrasti?
4. What negative aspects of Anarrasti society does the meeting highlight?
5. What does Takver's presence make Shevek realize?
6. What is the overall outcome of the council meeting?
7. How does Shevek cope with leaving behind the familiarity of his world?
8. How does time again become an issue in this chapter?
9. How will Shevek's temporal theory bring world's together?
10. Why does Shevek not see his apparent freedom as a good thing?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)