|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shevek say the change in society is going against?
(a) His own beliefs
(b) The Odonian ethic of decentralization
(c) The constitution
(d) The people's basic human rights
2. Which world does Keng say is key to Urras?
3. What did seeing Tirin make Shevek realize?
(a) That he is not crazy
(b) What few choices they have
(c) That he loves Takver
(d) That he has isolated himself for too long
4. What does one man think the real Odonians will do to someone who leaves to go to Urras?
(a) Worship them
(b) Exact violence on them
(c) Imprison them
(d) Put them on trial
5. What name do Takver and Shevek give their daughter?
6. Where do the resistance group hold a rally?
(a) Peace Square
(b) Capital Square
(c) The city airport
(d) Parliament Square
7. Why does Shevek want to start his own printing syndicate?
(a) To communicate his theories
(b) To socialize more
(c) To stop censorship
(d) To print propaganda
8. What disaster happens when Shevek arrives in Chakar?
(a) A bomb hits the city
(b) An earthquake
(c) A hurricaine
(d) A Tsunami
9. Why does Shevek try to strike up a conversation with his servant?
(a) He wants to make some genuine friends
(b) He wants to talk to a poor person
(c) He wants to practise his Urrasti
(d) He needs money
10. What has Shevek decided to set up?
(a) A rebel army
(b) A hospital
(c) A homeless shelter
(d) A printing syndicate
11. Where is Oiie's family located?
(a) Nio Esseia
12. Where are the Odonian rebels situated?
(a) On Urras
(b) On Terra
(c) On Anarres
(d) On Thu
13. How long does Shevek shut himself in his room?
(a) Three days
(b) Four days
(c) Two weeks
(d) A week
14. What do Shevek and the council think Anarres is compared to Urras?
(a) A Utopia
(b) A dystopia
(c) A democracy
(d) A free country
15. What do Shevek and his friend show concern for on Insurrection Day?
(a) The prospect of war
(b) A working class revolution
(c) A new law that stops people talking about Urras
(d) That it has not rained for so long
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shevek think that they have fewer choices?
2. For what is Shevek fighting?
3. What does Takver convince Shevek to do to get his paper published?
4. What does Shevek think he will achieve by going to Urras?
5. About what does Efor talk to Shevek?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)