|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Efor take Shevek?
(a) His church
(b) His house
(c) The slum section of Nio Esseia
(d) The slum section of Thu
2. To where does Takver tell Shevek she and their children will move?
(a) A place where no one knows them
(b) To Shevek's parents house
(d) A safe house
3. Why does Keng believe her planet will never be like Anarres
(a) Because there are too many conflicting voices
(b) Because they don't have the money
(c) Because they have outlived their hope for renewal
(d) Because they are lazy
4. What disgusts Shevek about what he hears about the revolution?
(a) Its passive nature
(b) Its racist attitudes
(c) The violence
(d) Its treatment of women
5. What does insurrection day commemorate?
(a) Anarres's independence from Urras
(b) The first Odonian uprising on Urras
(c) Their president's birthday
(d) The founding of the Anarres constitution
6. Who does Shevek meet at the Terran embassy?
7. To where does Shevek travel to meet Takver?
8. What would the principle of instantaneous communication allow people to do?
(a) Allow everyone to have access to the internet
(b) Allow people to revolt
(c) Allow people from remote areas to travel and communicate
(d) Allow people to voice their opinions
9. What does Shevek find in his pocket?
(a) A gun
(b) A knife
(c) A critique of his theories
(d) A letter
10. What disaster happens when Shevek arrives in Chakar?
(a) An earthquake
(b) A Tsunami
(c) A bomb hits the city
(d) A hurricaine
11. Where does Takver work?
(a) In a restaurant
(b) On a farm
(c) In a hospital
(d) In a marine lab
12. Where are the Odonian rebels situated?
(a) On Terra
(b) On Anarres
(c) On Urras
(d) On Thu
13. What do Shevek and the council think Anarres is compared to Urras?
(a) A Utopia
(b) A dystopia
(c) A free country
(d) A democracy
14. To whom does Shevek want to give his theory?
(a) The Urastis
(b) The Anarastis
(d) The Terrans
15. What is the name of Shevak's partner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the resistance group hold a rally?
2. What are Shevek and his friends celebrating?
3. With whose family does Shevek spend a week?
4. Where is Oiie's family located?
5. Why did Tirin go mad?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)