|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of year does Takver give birth to her daughter?
2. For what is Shevek fighting?
(a) An end to Anarres' isolation
(c) To end oppression
(d) To end poverty
3. How long does Shevek shut himself in his room?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Three days
(c) A week
(d) Four days
4. Who does Shevek meet at the Terran embassy?
5. Why does Shevek try to strike up a conversation with his servant?
(a) He wants to make some genuine friends
(b) He wants to talk to a poor person
(c) He wants to practise his Urrasti
(d) He needs money
6. What is located at Capital Square?
(a) The President's house
(b) The main television headquarters
(c) The offices of all the main newspapers
(d) The government offices
7. What do Bedap and Shevek start to implement?
(a) The Syndicate of Intiative
(b) The Principles of Anarchy
(d) A revolution
8. Of what group is Tuio Maedda a member?
(a) The Odonian freedom fighters
(b) The Anarres social group
(c) The Odonian independent army
(d) The quasi-Odonian resistance group
9. Why does Keng say Urras is a paradise?
(a) Because the weather is always nice
(b) Because they allow you to become rich
(c) Because there is no poverty
(d) Because her own society has ruined its planet
10. Why does Oiie think it is dangerous if Shevek is seen by a member of the working classes?
(a) They are calling for an exile to start a revolution
(b) They think Shevek is a spy
(c) They want to kill him
(d) They don't like foreigners
11. Why does Shevek get stuck in a small town?
(a) There is a storm
(b) There is a wreck on the train line
(c) Urras have invaded Abbeney
(d) Shevek falls ill
12. What disgusts Shevek about what he hears about the revolution?
(a) Its racist attitudes
(b) Its passive nature
(c) The violence
(d) Its treatment of women
13. Who has allowed the Terrans the freedom to visit other planets?
(a) The urrastis
(b) The Hainish
(d) The Anarrestis
14. To whom does Shevek want to give his theory?
(b) The Anarastis
(c) The Terrans
(d) The Urastis
15. Who tells Shevek he is restricted to campus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tirin go mad?
2. Why does Rulag think the Syndicate of Initiative is not a good idea?
3. What does Takver convince Shevek to do to get his paper published?
4. What does Shevek think he will achieve by going to Urras?
5. What does Shevek say the change in society is going against?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)