|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long is Kadagv imprisoned?
(a) 30 hours
(b) 2 weeks
(c) 1 month
(d) 24 hours
2. Which character does Bedap say has spent time on Segvina Island Asylum?
3. Which of the following is a scientific theory about which the scientists talk to Shevek?
(a) Rational theory of the gods
(b) Relative theory of Terran Ainsetain
(c) Principle theory of nothingness
(d) Lock theory of Urras
4. About what does Shevek dream?
(a) His teacher
(b) A cornerstone
5. For which of the doctors does Shedek show admiration?
(a) Dr. Kilroy
(b) Dr. Atro
(c) Dr. Trankle
(d) Dr. Philips
6. Who stops Shevek on his way out from the dining hall?
(a) Dr. Sabul
(d) Dr. Chifoilisk
7. What does Chifoilisk tell Shevek?
(a) The other scientists are plotting to kill him
(b) Shevek is getting too big for his boots
(c) The other scientists will use him for their own gain.
(d) He is the leader of the working class revolution
8. What is Shevek's mother's name?
9. What was Odo during his lifetime?
(a) A doctor
(b) A philosopher
(c) A scientist
(d) An engineer
10. What kind of people normally have to spend time on the Segvina Island?
(a) Mentally ill people
(b) Murderers and rapists
(d) Corrupt politicians
11. What year is Shevek in when Gvarab dies?
(a) His tenth year
(b) His second year
(c) His fouth year
(d) His third year
12. How is the city different to other cities in which Shevek has lived?
(a) It has no women
(b) It is located in the middle of a green plain
(c) It is an underground city
(d) It has has no trees
13. What does Desar's visit make Sabul realize?
(a) He is a great scientist
(b) He must be more socialable
(c) He has to go to Urras
(d) He has a lot to live for
14. What does Dr. Atro give Shevek as a present?
(a) A rare coin
(b) A bracelet
(c) A gold statue
(d) A rare science book
15. Why does Sabul become angry with Shevek?
(a) Because he proposes to publish his paper on Anarres
(b) He refuses to help him with his work
(c) He has given away secrets
(d) He sends his paper to Dr. Atro
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the water taps in Shevek's room?
2. What hits Shevak on the shoulder?
3. What do Shevek and his friends build?
4. Who does Shevek thinks he sees on his way back to his room?
5. Which area of science do the scientists debate?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)