|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who volunteers to spend time in the prison?
2. What is the name of Shevek's teacher?
3. In what does Chifoilisk say the Urras scientists are particularly interested?
(a) Maintaining their control over the masses
(b) Developing nucler weapons
(c) Shevek's General Temporal Theory
(d) Secrets about Anarres
4. What kind of living quarters does the institute provide for Shevek
(a) A hotel suite
(b) A studio apartment
(c) A single room in a dormitory
(d) A 4 bedroom apartment
5. What is the name given to Urras culture?
6. What image does Shevek again have to confront when his mother leaves?
(a) A wall
(b) A ship
(c) His self as a child
(d) Shallow water
7. What does Shevek do after leaving the infirmary?
(b) Works twice as hard
(c) Secures a position on Urras
(d) Gets married
8. Who takes Shevek shopping for clothes?
(d) Ieu Eun
9. How do Shevek and Bedap put an end to their arguing?
(a) They play a game of dominoes
(b) They go to the pub
(c) They embark on a sexual relationship
(d) They take drugs
10. Which illness does Shevek contract?
(a) The flu
(b) The measles
(d) Chicken pox
11. What kind of people normally have to spend time on the Segvina Island?
(a) Corrupt politicians
(b) Mentally ill people
(c) Murderers and rapists
12. What is Palat's job?
13. Who tends to Shevek while he is aboard the ship?
(b) The Ship's captain
(c) Dr Terra
(d) Dr. Kimoe
14. About what does Shevek dream?
(a) His teacher
(b) A cornerstone
15. Who is killed during the rioting at the port?
(a) A guard
(b) A young girl
(c) Shevek's wife
(d) A young boy
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Odo during his lifetime?
2. Which character does Bedap say has spent time on Segvina Island Asylum?
3. What is Shevek's mother's name?
4. How does Shevek shock his new friends?
5. Where has Rulag been offered a post?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)