|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Sabul teach him?
2. What does Bedap think the Anarres power structure is doing?
(a) Killing people's passion for life
(b) Plotting war against Urras
(c) Making it impossible to live in freedom
(d) Suppressing new ideas
3. What was Odo during his lifetime?
(a) A philosopher
(b) A scientist
(c) An engineer
(d) A doctor
4. Where do the Anarresti ancestors come from?
5. How long is the journey to Urras?
(a) 12 hours
(b) A week
(c) 5 days
(d) 10 days
6. What best describes Shevek's students?
(a) Male, lazy and disobedient
(b) Female, flirtatious and very attractive
(c) Male, materialistic and angry
(d) Male, well-taught and obsessed with getting high marks
7. For which of the doctors does Shedek show admiration?
(a) Dr. Trankle
(b) Dr. Philips
(c) Dr. Atro
(d) Dr. Kilroy
8. What kind of poor people does Shevek say he sees while driving about?
(a) Diseased poor people
(b) Contented poor people
(c) Ugly poor people
(d) Rich poor people
9. What is the name given to Urras culture?
10. Who does his nurse turn out to be?
(a) His Grandmother
(b) His sister
(c) His mother
(d) His brother
11. What kind of work does Shedek have to do after he leaves school?
(d) Social work
12. Which area of science do the scientists debate?
13. How did Urras punish Odo?
(a) They hung him
(b) They put him in the stocks
(c) They imprisioned him
(d) They gassed him
14. What is the name of Shevek's teacher?
15. What kind of people normally have to spend time on the Segvina Island?
(a) Murderers and rapists
(b) Corrupt politicians
(c) Mentally ill people
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Shevek thinks he sees on his way back to his room?
2. Who is waiting for Shevek when he arrives in Urras?
3. From what country is Chifoilisk?
4. What does Dr. Atro give Shevek as a present?
5. Why does the second officer not trust Shevek?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)