|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character writes the introduction to Shevek's paper?
(b) Dr. Atro
2. What does Shevek name the street where he does his shopping?
(a) Buy and Sell Street
(b) Elm Street
(c) Nightmare Street
(d) Rich Street
3. What do the scientists think Shevek is looking for when he asks where all the women are?
(a) A sexual partner
(b) A cook
(c) A mother figure
(d) A good conversation
4. Who tends to Shevek while he is aboard the ship?
(a) Dr Terra
(b) The Ship's captain
(d) Dr. Kimoe
5. What do Shevek and his friends build?
(a) A prison
(b) A house
(c) A car
(d) A lab
6. For how long is Kadagv imprisoned?
(a) 1 month
(b) 24 hours
(c) 30 hours
(d) 2 weeks
7. Which of the following is a scientific theory about which the scientists talk to Shevek?
(a) Rational theory of the gods
(b) Relative theory of Terran Ainsetain
(c) Lock theory of Urras
(d) Principle theory of nothingness
8. What hits Shevak on the shoulder?
(a) A rock
(b) An iron rod
(c) A toy car
(d) An egg
9. What are different about the pajamas the ship provides Shevek?
(a) They have electric heating
(b) They are made of sheep's wool
(c) They are invisible
(d) They are disposable
10. What does Shedek wake up with on his first day in Urras?
(a) A dog
(b) A hangover
(c) An allergy attack
(d) The flu
11. Why did Tirin have to spend time in the asylum?
(a) He critized the Anarres president
(b) He tried to escape to Urras
(c) He wrote a play about Urasti coming to Anarres
(d) He made a documentary about Urras
12. Why does Sabul discourage Shevek from sending another paper to Dr. Atro?
(a) He thinks Shevek is becoming too big headed
(b) Dr. Atro is to busy
(c) He does not agree with Shevek's ideas
(d) It does not relate to his own area of research
13. What does Palat tell the women at the nursery?
(a) That he is in love with them all
(b) That he is leaving his family
(c) That he is terminally ill
(d) That Shevek has to stay full-time
14. How is the city different to other cities in which Shevek has lived?
(a) It has no women
(b) It is an underground city
(c) It has has no trees
(d) It is located in the middle of a green plain
15. Where does Shevek begin his teaching on Urras?
(a) The University of Urras
(b) The Science Institute
(d) Ieu Eun
Short Answer Questions
1. For which of the doctors does Shedek show admiration?
2. To where is Shevek traveling?
3. What kind of people normally have to spend time on the Segvina Island?
4. Where has Rulag been offered a post?
5. Which of the following does Shevek have in Urras that he does not have at home?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)