|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Shevek begin his teaching on Urras?
(a) Ieu Eun
(b) The University of Urras
(c) The Science Institute
2. What kind of people normally have to spend time on the Segvina Island?
(a) Mentally ill people
(b) Murderers and rapists
(c) Corrupt politicians
3. What is Shevek's profession?
4. To where is Shevek traveling?
5. What image does Shevek again have to confront when his mother leaves?
(a) A ship
(b) A wall
(c) Shallow water
(d) His self as a child
6. Who does Shevek thinks he sees on his way back to his room?
(a) His father
(b) His mother
(c) The dark-haired girl from his going away party
7. Why is Shevek's arrival such an important occasion?
(a) He has promised find a cure for a deadly disease.
(b) His father was once a Urras leader
(c) His arrival was prophecised.
(d) It is the first time in 200 years someone from Anarranes has visited Urras
8. Why is Shevek surprised that the scientists on Anarres correspond with Urrasti scientists?
(a) He thought it was aginst the laws of both planets
(b) He thought the scientists hated each other
(c) He did not think the Urrasti's were capable of interacting with free people.
(d) He thought they were both developing theories to defeat the other in war.
9. Which character writes the introduction to Shevek's paper?
(c) Dr. Atro
10. What does Shevek do after leaving the infirmary?
(a) Gets married
(b) Secures a position on Urras
(c) Works twice as hard
11. What does Palat tell the women at the nursery?
(a) That Shevek has to stay full-time
(b) That he is in love with them all
(c) That he is leaving his family
(d) That he is terminally ill
12. What is Shevek's mother's name?
13. What is the name given to Urras culture?
14. What is the wall for?
(a) It reduces radiation
(b) It stops viscious sea creatures from entering
(c) It separates the rich from the poor
(d) It keeps the aliens quarratined
15. Where has Rulag been offered a post?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is Shevek in when Gvarab dies?
2. To whom does Mitis send Shedek's paper?
3. What happened to Kadagv while he was imprisoned?
4. Which character does Bedap say has spent time on Segvina Island Asylum?
5. Why does Sabul become angry with Shevek?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)