* A Urras ship arrives on the planet Anarres to pick up the scientist Shevek.
* A crowd has gathered at the port; as soon as they see Shevek, they start hurling things at him.
* Shevek watches as they take off, leaving behind the world he knows.
* During the ten-day voyage to Urras, Shevek meets the Urrasti, Dr. Kimoe. Kimoe handles his vaccinations and attends to him during his quarantine.
* Shevek is greeted by journalists, photographers, diplomats, and scores of other people curious to see "the alien."
* Shevek is struck by the "splendor" of the Urrasti people he is to live with during his time on the planet.
* In a nursery on Anarres, Palat visits his son, Shevek. Palat says Shevek has to live there full-time.
* Young Shevek and his friends are curious about the ways of Urras and discuss the way their elders keep knowledge of Urras...
This section contains 1,281 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)