|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herr believe about the press secretary at Khe Sanh?
(a) That he is no good at his job
(b) That he is scared of the war
(c) That he is really a good soldier
(d) That he likes to tell lies
2. What is China Beach?
(a) A place where correspondents give press junkets
(b) A place for in-country R&R
(c) Another military base
(d) The head of military operations
3. How often do soldiers get to go to China Beach?
(a) Only if their CO recommends them
(b) Every two weeks
(c) At least once during a 13-month tour
(d) Every month
4. How many meters separate the bunkers and the NVA trenches?
(a) One hundred
(c) Three hundred
(d) Five hundred
5. What is the name of the relief operation at Khe Sanh?
(a) Operation Eagle
(b) Operation Pegasus
(c) Operation Winged-Horse
(d) Operation Get Out Now
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers do in China Beach?
2. Although Herr keeps in contact with his friends and colleagues when he returns to the States, he feels what?
3. According to Herr, how do the higher levels of the military behave?
4. Who recognizes Herr at China Beach?
5. What does Page represent to the Marines?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)