|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is China Beach?
(a) A place for in-country R&R
(b) A place where correspondents give press junkets
(c) The head of military operations
(d) Another military base
2. Why don't the soldiers accept the coffee?
(a) They are ordered not to stop
(b) They are too battle-weary
(c) They do not hear the women
(d) They do not drink coffee
3. What is the unspoken fear Herr does not mention?
(a) That Americans will run out of ammunition
(b) That he will not get out of Khe Sanh alive
(c) That the NVA have more unknown weapons
(d) That the NVA will overrun Khe Sanh like Langvei
4. How many meters separate the bunkers and the NVA trenches?
(b) Three hundred
(c) Five hundred
(d) One hundred
5. Who is the correspondent Herr travels with across the DMZ?
(a) Dana Stone
(b) Steven Miles
(c) Karsten Prager
(d) Seann Flynn
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Herr, how do the higher levels of the military behave?
2. What is the weapon that kills Mayhew?
3. Herr compares some of the reporters to what other profession?
4. Where is Day Tripper and Mayhew's bunker located?
5. What do officials do to make things seem better than they are?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)