|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does one official say a dead Marine costs?
(a) Five thousand dollars
(b) A thousand dollars
(c) Eighteen hundred dollars
(d) Eighteen thousand dollars
2. What event occurs at the same time as the Khe Sanh battle?
(a) The assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.
(b) Herr's birthday
(c) The Beatles visit Saigon
(d) Page dies in battle
3. What does Herr suffer his first month back in America?
(b) Strange dreams
(c) Danang Fever
4. What two things mark his visits with friends?
(a) Marijuana use and Strange Dreams
(b) Memories and Drugs
(c) Drugs and alcohol
(d) Longing and emptiness
5. How often do soldiers get to go to China Beach?
(a) Every month
(b) Only if their CO recommends them
(c) At least once during a 13-month tour
(d) Every two weeks
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Red Cross nurses offer soldiers returning from battle?
2. According to Herr, how do the higher levels of the military behave?
3. What is the loud hammering Herr hears inside the Chinook helicopter?
4. What does Davies' in-country wife do for a living?
5. Who is the press secretary for Khe Sanh?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)