|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Prager ask the General?
(a) For extra troops at Khe Sanh
(b) How to win the war
(c) What he would do if the NVA attack Khe Sanh and supporting bases at once
(d) If they can have steak for dinner
2. What is a Seabee?
(a) The coast guard
(b) A Green Beret trained in aquatics
(c) A construction battalion
(d) A Navy Seal
3. What does Herr believe about the press secretary at Khe Sanh?
(a) That he is really a good soldier
(b) That he is scared of the war
(c) That he likes to tell lies
(d) That he is no good at his job
4. According to Herr, how do the higher levels of the military behave?
(a) They refuse to communicate with the press
(b) They are congenial but evasive
(c) They tell the truth as painful as it may be
(d) They lie to make things appear better than they are
5. What do the NVA have that no one expected them to have?
(b) American weapons
(c) Soviet tanks
(d) French Rocket Launchers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the NCO's friend do to their school teacher?
2. Who is the correspondent Herr travels with across the DMZ?
3. Why don't the soldiers accept the coffee?
4. Herr compares the landscape around Khe Sanh to what?
5. What two things mark his visits with friends?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)