|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Part IV Breathing In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Herr find himself during a downpour?
(a) A bunker in the jungle
(b) An airfield in Kontum
(c) A hotel in Saigon
(d) China Beach
2. What does Herr wear on his first day in Vietnam?
(a) Jeans, a tie-dye t-shirt and flip flops
(b) New fatigues
(c) Shorts and a Hawaiin shirt
(d) Combat boots, shorts and a flack jacket
3. What is booby trapped with a grenade?
(a) A latrine
(b) A tank
(c) A helmet
(d) A tent door
4. What happens to bodies that cannot be positively identified?
(a) They are listed as VC
(b) They are hung from trees
(c) They are listed as American
(d) They are not counted
5. What two kinds of drugs do the soldiers turn to?
(a) Dexedrine and Heroin
(b) Amphetamines and depressants
(c) Heroin and Meth
(d) Cocaine and Dexedrine
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do many soldiers miss details that could have kept them alive?
2. Where is the enemy most effective?
3. When did the First Indochina War end?
4. What do most of the soldiers try to avoid in one way or another?
5. What jungle disease takes down many strong men?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)