|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Part IV Breathing In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herr wear on his first day in Vietnam?
(a) New fatigues
(b) Combat boots, shorts and a flack jacket
(c) Shorts and a Hawaiin shirt
(d) Jeans, a tie-dye t-shirt and flip flops
2. What two kinds of drugs do the soldiers turn to?
(a) Heroin and Meth
(b) Cocaine and Dexedrine
(c) Amphetamines and depressants
(d) Dexedrine and Heroin
3. Where are the Americans best at fighting?
(a) On land
(b) In Saigon
(c) In the Air
(d) In the ground cover
4. What does Herr say is the reason he came to Vietnam?
(a) To do his duty to his country
(b) To meet Seann Flynn
(c) To further his career
(d) To visit a foreign country
5. Where do the American soldiers get marijuana?
(a) From their COs
(b) From Vietnamese soldiers
(c) In the mountains
(d) At the PX
Short Answer Questions
1. Who set the booby trap on the latrine?
2. How do soldiers ensure the enemy is dead?
3. What does Herr smoke before sleeping that causes him to have strange dreams?
4. Why do many soldiers miss details that could have kept them alive?
5. Where is Herr working as a war correspondent?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)