|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Part IV Breathing In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herr compares being in battle to what?
(a) Riding a roller coaster
(b) Driving a racecar
(c) The Alamo
(d) Running with the bulls
2. What are the streets of Saigon full of?
(a) Crime and trash
(c) Dead soldiers
3. What do the soldiers trade for the marijuana?
(c) Food rations
4. When does Herr finally take up a weapon?
(a) When another soldier makes him use a gun
(b) During the Tet Offensive
(c) When he is dared to shoot a water buffalo
(d) When a VC threatens him
5. What does Herr call a company of soldiers returning from battle?
(a) A colony of stroke victims
(b) Vietnams heroes
(c) Far from heroic
(d) Baby killers
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the enemy most effective?
2. How does Herr get a bloody nose?
3. What do most of the soldiers try to avoid in one way or another?
4. Who is Seann Flynn's famous father?
5. Herr encounters a soldier with a bag full of what?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)