|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Part III Breathing In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Saigon look beautiful?
(a) In the streets
(b) In the gardens
(c) In the bars
(d) From the air
2. What two kinds of drugs do the soldiers turn to?
(a) Cocaine and Dexedrine
(b) Heroin and Meth
(c) Amphetamines and depressants
(d) Dexedrine and Heroin
3. How long does it take for Herr to hear all the variations of war stories?
(a) Six months
(b) A month
(c) One year
(d) Two years
4. What do most of the soldiers try to avoid in one way or another?
(b) Getting shot at
(c) Going back to America
(d) Wearing their dog tags
5. Where do the American soldiers get marijuana?
(a) In the mountains
(b) From their COs
(c) At the PX
(d) From Vietnamese soldiers
Short Answer Questions
1. What two emotions does Herr feel looking at pictures of dead people?
2. What does Herr wear on his first day in Vietnam?
3. When was terrorism at its worst?
4. When did the First Indochina War end?
5. What does Herr smoke before sleeping that causes him to have strange dreams?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)