|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Part III Breathing In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Dak To battle take place?
(a) December 1954
(b) March 1967
(c) April 1971
(d) November 1967
2. In what city is Herr's apartment?
(a) China Beach
(c) Ho Chi Minh
3. How do soldiers ensure the enemy is dead?
(a) By shooting them an extra time
(b) Dragging them from jeeps
(c) Running them over with tanks
(d) By dropping them from helicopters
4. What does Herr say is the reason he came to Vietnam?
(a) To do his duty to his country
(b) To visit a foreign country
(c) To meet Seann Flynn
(d) To further his career
5. Where do the American soldiers get marijuana?
(a) From Vietnamese soldiers
(b) From their COs
(c) At the PX
(d) In the mountains
Short Answer Questions
1. What does NVA stand for?
2. When did the First Indochina War end?
3. For how many miles does the front at Dak To stretch?
4. What is a TAOR?
5. Where are the Americans best at fighting?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)