|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Part III Breathing In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herr encounters a soldier with a bag full of what?
(a) Dog tags
(b) Dried human ears
(c) Buffalo patties
2. Where is the enemy most effective?
(a) On the ground
(b) In Saigon
(c) In the air
(d) At China Beach
3. In what city is Herr's apartment?
(b) Ho Chi Minh
(c) China Beach
4. How do soldiers ensure the enemy is dead?
(a) Dragging them from jeeps
(b) By dropping them from helicopters
(c) Running them over with tanks
(d) By shooting them an extra time
5. What does Herr wear on his first day in Vietnam?
(a) Jeans, a tie-dye t-shirt and flip flops
(b) Combat boots, shorts and a flack jacket
(c) Shorts and a Hawaiin shirt
(d) New fatigues
Short Answer Questions
1. When was terrorism at its worst?
2. When is Herr in Vietnam?
3. What does one veteran correspondent say is the most useful thing to know in Vietnam?
4. When did the First Indochina War end?
5. When does the Tet Offensive begin?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)