|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Part III Breathing In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two emotions does Herr feel looking at pictures of dead people?
(a) Repulsion and fascination
(b) Shock and Repulsion
(c) Fascination and Horror
(d) Shock and fascination
2. In what city is Herr's apartment?
(c) Ho Chi Minh
(d) China Beach
3. Where is the enemy most effective?
(a) At China Beach
(b) On the ground
(c) In the air
(d) In Saigon
4. What does one veteran correspondent say is the most useful thing to know in Vietnam?
(a) To get home quickly
(b) To hit the floor quickly
(c) To learn how to fire a weapon properly
(d) To know where to get drugs
5. What are the streets of Saigon full of?
(b) Crime and trash
(d) Dead soldiers
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Saigon look beautiful?
2. What two kinds of drugs do the soldiers turn to?
3. The dreams of the soldiers become what?
4. What does Herr call a company of soldiers returning from battle?
5. What do the soldiers trade for the marijuana?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)