|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Emily reading, that Isaac recommended?
(b) Man’s Search for Meaning.
(c) Denial of Death.
(d) Woody Allen’s biography.
2. How old is Jory?
(b) Mid-to late-30s.
(d) Early 40s.
3. How does Abe say that Muslims have been disgraced?
(a) Westerners have stolen their natural resources.
(b) Westerners have forced them to abandon their culture.
(c) Westerners have corrupted their political systems.
(d) Westerners have made it impossible to believe their religion.
4. Why does Emily say she does not like the work Amir prefers to her present work?
(a) She has moved on.
(b) It has nothing to do with Islam.
(c) Others have done it better than her.
(d) It is too simple.
5. How much longer has Amir been at the firm than Jory?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Twice as long.
6. What is Amir drinking in Scene Three, that he offers some to Isaac?
7. Where did Emily get the recipe for the salad she serves in Scene Three?
(a) Julia Child.
8. When does Emily say western art turned away from things that are bigger than themselves, to focus on individualism?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Enlightenment.
(c) The early industrial era.
9. What was Amir’s name before he changed it to Kapoor?
10. What does Jory say she remembers of the Quran, from reading it in college?
(a) Its love.
(b) Its anger.
(c) Its violence.
(d) Its strictness.
11. Who said that “if faced with choosing justice or order, I’ll always choose order” (59)?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(c) Henry Kissinger.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
12. Why does Amir say he changed his name?
(a) Entering practice.
(b) His first marriage.
(c) Identity theft.
(d) Immigration to the U.S.
13. How is Abe’s wardrobe different when he enters in Scene Four than it was when he entered in Scene One?
(a) More colorful.
(b) More Americanized.
(c) More muted.
(d) More neutral.
14. What does Amir propose to Jory in Scene Three?
(a) Working to drive Mort out of their firm.
(b) Changing their firm’s focus.
(c) Going into business together.
(d) Going on strike at their firm.
15. What does Emily send Amir out for, after calling him into the kitchen to get him to tone down his rhetoric?
(d) Bottled water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Amir doing when Scene Four opens?
2. In Scene Three, what does Isaac say Amir is full of?
3. How does Emily say the Quran sees humanity?
4. How does the playwright say this thing breaking at the beginning of Scene Three makes Amir feel?
5. What does Isaac say he can almost smell from Emily’s painting of Amir?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)