|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the text Amir is reading in Scene Two, what did he say Imam Fareed had been denied?
(a) Due process.
(b) Legal counsel.
(c) Sanitary conditions.
(d) Humane treatment.
2. Where did Amir start his law career?
(a) Public defender.
(b) Corporate finance law.
(c) Environmental activist.
(d) Criminal prosecutor.
3. What does Amir tell his client Paolo he pays Amir for?
(a) To type and file his legal papers.
(b) To give advice.
(c) To keep his press clippings.
(d) To listen to him.
4. How old is Amir?
5. What authority does Abe refer to, in claiming that he can hide his religion?
(a) His imam.
(b) The Quran.
(c) The Bible.
(d) His father.
6. How does Emily say Amir’s mother treated her?
(a) She says that she was hostile to her.
(b) She says that was icily formal with her.
(c) She says that she was excessively polite with her.
(d) She says that she was open to her.
7. What does Emily suggest Amir do, to put his mind at ease in Scene Two?
(a) Write a defense of his position.
(b) Issue a denial.
(c) Call the Times and demand a retraction.
(d) Abandon the imam.
8. What is Amir most concerned people will think of his defense of Imam Fareed?
(a) That Amir is anti-American.
(b) That Amir is Muslim.
(c) That Amir is not intelligent.
(d) That Amir is a terrorist.
9. How old is Emily?
(a) Late 20s.
(b) Late 30s.
(c) Early 40s.
(d) Early 30s.
10. How does Akhtar characterize Emily?
11. What does Isaac think about Emily’s work now, in Scene Two?
(a) That Emily is overselling the Islamic aspect of her work.
(b) That Emily is on the verge of a breakthrough.
(c) That Emily has convinced some gullible people about the value of her work.
(d) That Emily is doing important work.
12. How does Akhtar characterize Amir’s English?
(a) Heavy Urdu accent.
(b) Heavy Bengali accent.
(c) Perfect American accent.
(d) Light Urdu accent.
13. How does Emily Amir characterize the subject of the painting she is basing her painting on?
14. How old was Amir when he knew Rivkah?
(a) Fourth grade.
(b) Eighth grade.
(c) Tenth grade.
(d) Sixth grade.
15. In Scene Two, why is Amir irritated with Emily when Isaac comes in?
(a) She is not taking his feelings seriously.
(b) She is keeping him from an appointment.
(c) She is so focused on Isaac coming that she is not listening to him.
(d) Her view of him is too romanticized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amir say Imam Fareed tried to get him to do, all the time Amir spent visiting with him in prison?
2. How did Amir’s mother drive home her point about Rivkah to Amir?
3. What is Amir’s specialization in law?
4. What are the aspects of Islam that Emily sees value in?
5. Who does Amir say brought about the studio visit from Isaac in Scene Two?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)