|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How successful was Emily’s last show?
(a) Critics liked it but paintings did not sell.
(b) Critics hated it, but paintings sold.
(c) Critics loved it and paintings sold well.
(d) Critics hated it and paintings didn't sell.
2. What does Emily say Amir is, when he says he is her personal Moor?
(a) She says he is her slave.
(b) She says he is her inspiration.
(c) She says he is her angel.
(d) She says he is her muse.
3. What is Amir nervous about, in terms of joining his law firm as partner?
(a) The partners came from much more prestigious law firms than he did.
(b) The partners have much more experience than he does.
(c) He came from a much more prestigious background than most of the other partners.
(d) The partners are mostly Jewish.
4. What law does Amir say he would need to have experience with, to defend Imam Fareed?
(a) The Patriot Act.
(d) The Money Laundering Control Act.
5. What does Amir think will cause readers of the text he is reading to will look at, and jump to conclusions about him?
(a) His name.
(b) Imam Fareed’s tone.
(c) His words.
(d) His firm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class are Amir and Emily in, based on their furnishings?
2. How does Akhtar characterize Amir’s English?
3. How much time has passed between Scene Two and Scene Three?
4. How old is Amir?
5. What does Emily say corporate philanthropy typically hides?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)