|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Amir?
2. Where did Amir start his law career?
(a) Corporate finance law.
(b) Environmental activist.
(c) Public defender.
(d) Criminal prosecutor.
3. What does Amir say is at the heart of the Muslim religion?
(a) The intercultural exchange of living between the Mediterranean and the Red Sea.
(b) The challenges of living in the desert.
(c) The desire to escape from a corrupt earthly existence.
(d) The injustice of being subjugated by westerners.
4. Where does Abe say Amir was born?
(a) In the U.S.
(b) In a refugee camp.
(c) In India.
(d) In Pakistan.
5. What does the quote “if faced with choosing justice or order, I’ll always choose order” (59) serve as a reminder of?
(a) Not to be too tied to details.
(b) Not to get bogged down looking for justice.
(c) Not to abandon principles for expediency.
(d) Not to let the passion for living die out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amir say his parents were born?
2. What chemical is fueling Amir’s behavior at the dinner in Scene Three?
3. When does Emily say western art turned away from things that are bigger than themselves, to focus on individualism?
4. Why does Abe ask whether he should come back, when he arrives at Amir and Emily’s apartment?
5. What does Jory say she remembers of the Quran, from reading it in college?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)