|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it about the waiter that made Emily angry?
(a) His drunken belligerence.
(b) His sexist assumptions.
(c) His casual rudeness.
(d) The gap between reality and his assumptions.
2. How does Akhtar characterize Emily?
3. What was it about the incident with the waiter that made Emily think of the Velázquez painting?
(a) The formal composition of representing the downtrodden.
(b) The difference between its subject and its reception.
(c) The shared sufferings of Amir and Juan de Pareja.
(d) The lack of interest in a person’s internal experience.
4. What does Amir say his relationship with Mort is like?
(a) He is cleaning up Mort’s messes.
(b) He is running Mort’s errands.
(c) He is already doing Mort’s job.
(d) He is handling Mort’s big clients.
5. What law does Amir say he would need to have experience with, to defend Imam Fareed?
(a) The Money Laundering Control Act.
(d) The Patriot Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amir’s sister, Abe’s mother, live?
2. In Scene One, what position is Paolo in?
3. What is Amir nervous about, in terms of joining his law firm as partner?
4. Why does it bother Abe to be called by the name Amir insists on calling him?
5. What has Imam Fareed been arrested for?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)