|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it about the waiter that made Emily angry?
(a) His sexist assumptions.
(b) His casual rudeness.
(c) His drunken belligerence.
(d) The gap between reality and his assumptions.
2. What does Amir say Imam Fareed tried to get him to do, all the time Amir spent visiting with him in prison?
(b) Send money to his friends.
(c) Write to his family.
(d) Find technicalities to free him.
3. What are the aspects of Islam that Emily sees value in?
(a) Beauty and wisdom.
(b) Tradition and heritage.
(c) Laws and regulations.
(d) Philosophy and mysticism.
4. How does Amir characterize the subject of the painting Emily is basing her painting on?
(a) A servant.
(b) A wealthy man.
(c) A slave.
(d) A slave-owner.
5. What does the painting over the mantel piece represent?
(a) A mosque.
(b) A landscape.
(c) A Moor.
(d) An Islamic garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is Scene One set in?
2. What year is the beginning of the play set in?
3. How does Emily say Amir’s mother treated her?
4. Why does it bother Abe to be called by the name Amir insists on calling him?
5. How does Akhtar characterize Emily?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)