|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amir say he never told Emily about Rivkah?
(a) Because it was always too hard to explain why Rivkah was so important.
(b) Because he does not want her to hate him.
(c) Because his story about Rivkah brings up too much emotion in him.
(d) Because he does not want her to hate his mother.
2. How frequently does Amir say Mort appears at the office?
(a) A few hours a day.
(b) A few times a month.
(c) A couple of days a week.
(d) A couple hours a week.
3. Who suggested Emily visit the Frieze art fair in London?
(b) Her dealer.
4. What time of day is Scene Two set in?
5. What does Emily suggest Amir do, to put his mind at ease in Scene Two?
(a) Issue a denial.
(b) Abandon the imam.
(c) Call the Times and demand a retraction.
(d) Write a defense of his position.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abe say that Amir is lucky in his name?
2. What does Emily think of the imam’s position and tone?
3. In Scene Two, why is Amir irritated with Emily when Isaac comes in?
4. What does Amir think will cause readers of the text he is reading to will look at, and jump to conclusions about him?
5. In the text Amir is reading in Scene Two, what did he say Imam Fareed had been denied?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)