|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amir say his mother would react, if she knew his name was going to be on his law firm?
(a) Roll in her grave.
(b) Accuse him of selling out.
(c) Disown him for joining a Jewish firm.
(d) Celebrate and be proud of him.
2. How does Amir explain his thinking behind his proposition to Jory in Scene Three?
(a) Their current firm will never be theirs.
(b) They could make more money elsewhere.
(c) The firm will never get big enough for them.
(d) Mergers and acquisitions is no longer making them money.
3. Where does Abe say Amir was born?
(a) In India.
(b) In the U.S.
(c) In a refugee camp.
(d) In Pakistan.
4. What do Emily and Isaac hear from offstage, right after Isaac arrives?
(a) A glass smashing.
(b) Doors slamming.
(c) Amir slamming around.
(d) Cooking sounds.
5. What was Amir’s name before he changed it to Kapoor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the quote “if faced with choosing justice or order, I’ll always choose order” (59) serve as a reminder of?
2. What is the title Emily has taken from the book Isaac recommended?
3. How do Emily and Isaac explain their kiss, when Jory and Amir come back?
4. How does Emily say Velázquez’ Portrait of Juan de Pareja differs from his paintings of kings and queens?
5. What kind of offer is Jory entertaining from Credit Suisse?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)