|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the second woman from the escort agency that David meets with?
2. Who is the poet that David discusses in Chapter 4?
3. Who is it that visits David's class several days after the vandalizing of his property?
(a) Melanie's boyfriend.
(b) Melanie's father.
(c) Melanie's roommate.
(d) Melanie's mother.
4. What is Melanie's role in the play?
(a) An employee in a hair salon.
(b) An employee in a factory.
(c) An employee in a boutique.
(d) An employee in a cafe.
5. What is the university that is near where Lucy lives?
(a) Rhodes University.
(b) Essex University.
(c) New South Africa University.
(d) Suffolk University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person confesses a strong liking for the poetry of Wordsworth?
2. What happens to David and Lucy as they return to their house after they hear the noise?
3. When David decides to get a lawyer, who does he contact?
4. After secretly observing Melanie, how does David follow up in his pursuit of Melanie?
5. What is one intention of Melanie's that David learns from the phone call that he receives shortly before giving the exam?
Short Essay Questions
1. When pressed by his colleagues to offer an explanation for his behavior with Melanie, what explanation does David offer?
2. How do you interpret Melanie's lukewarm acceptance of David Lurie into her flat and into her life?
3. While David pleads guilty, he will not say that he repents. What is his reason for refusing this request to sign a repentance?
4. At the end of Chapter 2, David suggests Melanie stay and quotes poetry. What is it that makes Melanie's demeanor change at this moment?
5. In Chapter 12, why is David amazed that Bill Shaw comes to the hospital to pick him up after his burns are treated?
6. Of what significance is it that Soraya wiped off her makeup so readily when David asked her to?
7. When David goes to visit Lucy, what is his observation of Lucy's country life?
8. What does Bev's acceptance of David, even after he tells her of his forced resignation, suggest about her?
9. After David spends the day working with Bev Shaw at the animal clinic, what is his estimation of her and her role in the community?
10. What is David's reaction to Lucy's determination to go back to her farm?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)