|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As David concludes his walk and is walking back to the farm, who does he physically attack?
(a) A policeman who is there for questioning.
2. Who returns to the farm several days after the attack on the farm?
(b) Bill Shaw.
3. What has David told Rosalind is a hobby, but in fact is something that "consumes" him?
(a) His opera.
(b) His dog.
(d) Selling vegetables at the market.
4. When David returns to the University town, where does he meet with Rosalind?
(a) At the park.
(b) At her office.
(c) At a coffee shop.
(d) In his office.
5. Who does David think of immediately after having been with Bev?
(b) Melanie Isaacs.
6. When David returns to town, where does he see Melanie?
(a) At a coffee shop.
(b) At a bar.
(c) At the university.
(d) At the theater.
7. What is one of the issues that Lucy feels is a motive for the assault on her and her farm?
(a) Morals in South Africa.
8. What action of Petrus frustrates David as Petrus prepares for the upcoming event.
(a) Petrus neglects the stall at the market and expects David to tend to it.
(b) Petrus neglects to ask how Lucy is.
(c) Petrus neglects the animals.
(d) Petrus neglects his work for Lucy.
9. What is Mr. Isaac's occupation?
(a) A guidance counselor.
(b) A history teacher.
(c) A school principal.
(d) A math teacher.
10. In what condition is David's house when he returns to it?
(a) It has been cared for, presumably by Rosalind.
(b) It has been ransacked.
(c) It is pristine.
(d) It is dusty, but otherwise as he left it.
11. As David and Lucy try to normalize their life back at the farm, what room ultimately becomes Lucy's new room?
(a) The old library.
(b) The old dining room.
(c) The room David is staying in.
(d) Her storage room.
12. What appliance does David buy to replace one that has been stolen?
(a) An electric drill.
(b) A microwave oven.
(c) A radio.
(d) A television.
13. When David is back in Cape Town, he calls Bev to find out how Lucy is doing. What question does David ask Bev about Lucy that she evades?
(a) Whether or not Lucy is on tranquilizers.
(b) Whether or not Bev trusts Petrus.
(c) Whether or not Lucy is angry with him.
(d) Whether or not Lucy is pregnant.
14. Who is Desiree?
(a) Melanie Isaac's mother.
(b) Melanie Isaac's nurse.
(c) Melanie Isaac's sister.
(d) Melanie Isaac's new roommate.
15. At the end of the chapter, about whom is it that David responds to Bev, "Yes, I am giving him up?"
(a) Mr. Isaacs.
(d) His dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the attack, what has happened to the books that David brought for research on his Byron project?
2. When David comes to the farm to visit, where does he propose that Lucy go for a rest?
3. Who it that insists to David that Petrus is a good man?
4. What does Mr. Isaac say he will not do for David?
5. When David comes to the farm to visit, what proposal does Petrus have for Lucy that he asks David to offer her?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)