|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As David and Lucy try to normalize their life back at the farm, what room ultimately becomes Lucy's new room?
(a) The room David is staying in.
(b) Her storage room.
(c) The old library.
(d) The old dining room.
2. What is one of the issues that Lucy feels is a motive for the assault on her and her farm?
(d) Morals in South Africa.
3. What action of Petrus frustrates David as Petrus prepares for the upcoming event.
(a) Petrus neglects the animals.
(b) Petrus neglects the stall at the market and expects David to tend to it.
(c) Petrus neglects to ask how Lucy is.
(d) Petrus neglects his work for Lucy.
4. When David visits Lucy, what news does Lucy offer David when he asks her how she is?
(a) That she has contracted a serious disease.
(b) That she is dieting and plans to lose forty pounds.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is depressed and being treated for depression.
5. In the article in the local paper about the attack, how is David described?
(a) A "distinguished professor."
(b) A "distinguished author."
(c) A "distinguished new gentleman farmer."
(d) An "elderly father."
6. When David comes to the farm to visit, where does he propose that Lucy go for a rest?
7. Who does David think of immediately after having been with Bev?
(c) Melanie Isaacs.
8. After this evening conversation, when does Bev call David?
(a) The next afteroon.
(b) A week later.
(c) A few weeks later.
(d) A few days later.
9. Who or what is it that particularly enjoys David's new past time?
(a) David's dog.
(d) David's new assistant.
10. Who it that insists to David that Petrus is a good man?
(b) Bev Shaw.
(c) Bill Shaw.
11. In this attack that David instigates, who comes to the rescue of the recipient of David's attack?
12. Where does David cook for himself now that he is reestablished in the town Lucy lives?
(a) At his rented room.
(b) In Lucy's barn.
(c) At Bev's.
(d) At the clinic.
13. When David needs his bandages changed, who changes them?
(a) Bev Shaw.
(d) Bill Shaw.
14. To what does Mr. Isaac invite David?
(a) A recruiting seminar.
(c) A class.
(d) A meeting.
15. What does Mr. Isaac say he will not do for David?
(a) Mr. Isaac says that he will not try to get David reinstated at the University.
(b) Mr. Isaac says that he will not let Melanie communicate with him.
(c) Mr. Isaac says that he will not forgive David.
(d) Mr. Isaac says that he will not speak on his behalf to a new school
Short Answer Questions
1. When David returns to the University town, where does he meet with Rosalind?
2. Once back in town, what does David do to occupy his time?
3. When David speaks to Petrus about watching the farm, what place does he mention as a possible place for Lucy to go and get a rest?
4. As David concludes his walk and is walking back to the farm, who does he physically attack?
5. When David returns to the town where the University is, how long has he been gone?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)