|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action of Petrus frustrates David as Petrus prepares for the upcoming event.
(a) Petrus neglects his work for Lucy.
(b) Petrus neglects the stall at the market and expects David to tend to it.
(c) Petrus neglects to ask how Lucy is.
(d) Petrus neglects the animals.
2. What is it that David tells Rosalind he is working on when she asks him if he will look for another job?
(a) A book of poetry
(b) An opera.
(c) A book of critical essays.
(d) Starting a clinic for sick dogs in Cape Town.
3. What is one thing that Rosalind criticizes about David's appearance when they meet?
(a) His untied shoes.
(b) His unshaven face.
(c) His haircut.
(d) His stained pants.
4. What is it that Petrus brings up as a "perk" for David?
(a) David could sell the farm to Petrus.
(b) David will get money for his car from the insurance claim.
(c) David will get insurance money for damages to the farm.
(d) David could get Lucy to come to the city with him.
5. Who is Katy?
(a) David's land lady.
(b) David's dog.
(c) An owner of one of the dogs who recognizes David from the clinic.
(d) David's new love interest.
6. Who returns to the farm several days after the attack on the farm?
(a) Bill Shaw.
7. What is it that David urges Petrus to do on this evening?
(a) Introduce him to potential voters.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Ask people to make less noise.
(d) Take care of the animals.
8. Whom does Dave see at the grocery store who ignores him?
(c) Elaine Winter.
(d) Dr. Rassool
9. What is the purpose of Bev's telephone call to David?
(a) Bev calls to invite David to meet her at the clinic that same day.
(b) Bev calls to invite David to discuss Melanie with her psychiatrist.
(c) Bev calls to invite David to help her at home with Bill.
(d) Bev calls to invite David to discess Petrus in confidence.
10. When David comes to the farm to visit, what proposal does Petrus have for Lucy that he asks David to offer her?
(a) Buying her land.
(b) Renting her land to farm.
(c) Buying her house and her farm.
11. Which character in the final chapter says, "I am determined to be a good person. You should try to be a good person too?"
(a) Bill Shaw.
12. As David concludes his walk and is walking back to the farm, who does he physically attack?
(b) A policeman who is there for questioning.
13. What do Lucy and her father discuss on their trip back from attempting to reclaim the car?
(a) Lucy's stall at the market.
(b) Lucy's debt.
(c) Lucy's car.
(d) Lucy's rape.
14. When David suggests he will look to poetry to learn how to become a grandfather, who is the poet he has in mind?
(c) Victor Hugo.
15. Why is Petrus concerned about Lucy's returning to the market?
(a) If she doesn't go to market, he will not get his cut of the profit.
(b) If she doesn't go to market, she will lose her profit.
(c) If she doesn't go to market, the rapist will know he has destroyed her.
(d) If she doesn't go to market, she will lose her stall.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 15 begins, for what event is Petrus preparing?
2. When David needs his bandages changed, who changes them?
3. When David returns to the University town, where does he meet with Rosalind?
4. When the fight between David and the other person is over, what does Lucy ask of David?
5. What literary reference doe David make after his meeting with Bev?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)