|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David agrees to go for a walk with Lucy, what must he borrow from her?
(a) A sweater.
(b) A rain slicker.
(c) Athletic shoes.
(d) A leash.
2. After Lucy and her father discuss their version of their stories that they told the police, what is it that he is bothered by?
(a) That Lucy was curt when she spoke to the police.
(b) That Lucy told the police that she did not want to press charges.
(c) That Lucy never bought insurance for her farm property.
(d) That she omitted what happened personally to her when she was alone with the men.
3. Who is Melanie Issacs?
(a) A former student.
(b) A current student.
(c) Another professor.
(d) A secretary from his department.
4. When David returns to town, where does he see Melanie?
(a) At a bar.
(b) At a coffee shop.
(c) At the theater.
(d) At the university.
5. Who is it that visits David's class several days after the vandalizing of his property?
(a) Melanie's mother.
(b) Melanie's boyfriend.
(c) Melanie's roommate.
(d) Melanie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is David Lurie employed?
2. At the end of this class, what is the next poem that the class is assigned to read?
3. Later during the day of this ride back from trying to get David's car, David and Lucy communicate again about their difference of opinion regarding Lucy's staying on the farm. What is their method of communication at this time?
4. Who is Desiree?
5. What literary reference doe David make after his meeting with Bev?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)