|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do David and Lucy spend the night after David is treated at the hospital?
(a) At a shelter.
(b) At a motel.
(c) At Ettinger's home.
(d) At the Shaws' home.
2. Who does David describe as a "poor little bird?"
(a) Melanie's cousin.
(c) David's daughter.
3. What does Melanie say she hates to do?
(a) Write poetry.
(c) Play the piano.
4. What is one intention of Melanie's that David learns from the phone call that he receives shortly before giving the exam?
(a) Melanie wants to be his teaching assistant.
(b) Melanie wants to file harassment charges against him.
(c) Melanie wants to drop out of school and get a job.
(d) Melanie is ill.
5. After the attack, what has happened to the books that David brought for research on his Byron project?
(a) They were in his car that was stolen.
(b) They were burned.
(c) They are gone and David suspects Petrus has stolen them.
(d) Bev has asked to borrow them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the poet that David discusses in Chapter 4?
2. Where does Lucy tell her father she wants to go when they see each other on the morning after the attack?
3. On the night after David's day at the clinic when David cannot sleep, what does he do?
4. Who is Elaine Winter?
5. After David forces himself on an aloof and passionless Melanie, how does David feel about himself?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)