• David Lurie, fifty-two year-old divorced professor of technical university in Cape Town South Africa explains his current dissatisfaction and lack of passion regarding his teaching; he merely goes through the motions.
• He has been married twice. He sees "Soraya," an olive skinned Muslim prostitute from an escort agency regularly once a week.
• He cares for and about her and enjoys her company, but is satisfied with their arrangement and its frequency.
• The anonymity is destroyed when David happens to see Soraya with her 2 children.
• Shortly after this sighting, Soraya makes up an excuse to discontinue the relationship.
• David tracks her down, calls her home and she demands that he never call her again.
• Now that David's Thursday assignations with Soraya are over, his weeks are very tedious.
• He spends a lot of time doing his research on Lord Byron's stay in Italy at the library. He...
This section contains 2,286 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)