|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the novel, what position does Bud have within the police force?
2. What nationality is the young woman who is running an illegal daycare out of her home?
3. How does Richard feel when he stumbles upon the crime scene photos Ruta Beth keeps?
4. What part of Bud's body does Lamar swear he will cut off before he dies?
5. Who is waiting at the police station for Bud to pick up Jeff?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Holly escape after being kidnapped by Lamar?
2. What valuable piece of evidence does CD Henderson discover at the scene of the Denny's robbery?
3. How does Bud end up house hunting with Holly?
4. How does Jen react to the news that Bud has been having an affair?
5. How does Bud react when he first arrives at the Tull farm, knowing Lamar and his gang are hiding out there?
6. Why is Bud's son, Jeff, arrested?
7. What happens when Bud traces the tire tracks from the Denny's robbery to Ruta Beth's farm?
8. What mixed reactions does Bud experience in regards to the public's opinion of Lamar?
9. What happens to Richard at the end of the novel?
10. How does the public respond when Bud is once again put in the hospital after a shootout with Lamar and his gang?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Odell's death has a profound effect on his cousin, Lamar. First, explain how Odell dies. Then, explain Lamar's reaction to the death, and give at least two examples from their history together explaining why Lamar would have such a strong reaction to his cousin's death.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout their time on the run together, Lamar frequently challenges Richard, ordering him to perform dangerous jobs. First, explain why Lamar challenges Richard. What is he hoping to accomplish during these challenges? Then, give at least two examples of challenges Lamar put Richard up to, and explain what Richard's response to the challenge was.
Essay Topic 3
CD Henderson is an important figure in the Oklahoma police force. First, describe CD Henderson's police career and the way it has changed over the years. Then, explain what effects police work has had on CD Henderson's personal life. How does CD Henderson's police career directly affect the manhunt for Lamar and the rest of his gang?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)