|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Ivy League school does Russ get accepted into?
2. Which of the following gangsters calls Bud in the middle of the night, telling him about the kidnapping?
3. Which of the following cops does Lamar call for backup in the kidnapping case?
4. Which of the following police officers calls in a favor to have a cast made of clues at the crime scene?
5. What is the name of the hospital for the criminally insane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What valuable piece of evidence does CD Henderson discover at the scene of the Denny's robbery?
2. Why does Bud end up knocking door-to-door in the neighborhood, searching for clues?
3. What excuse does Bud give as to why he cannot move in with Holly?
4. How does Bud end up house hunting with Holly?
5. Why does CD Henderson think the police force is going to make him retire?
6. What happens to Richard at the end of the novel?
7. What happens after Jeff's final baseball game with his team?
8. How does Bud react when he first arrives at the Tull farm, knowing Lamar and his gang are hiding out there?
9. How does Lamar prepare to stalk Bud and his family?
10. What does the art curator at the museum say the symbolism is of lions in art?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Richard spends much of his time creating gifts for Lamar. First, describe the gifts Richard creates for Lamar, and describe Lamar's reaction to the gifts. Then, explain the metaphoric meaning behind the gifts Richard creates. What symbolism can be found? Please use examples from the text to strengthen your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout most of the novel, Bud lies to his family and friends about what is going on in his personal life. First, compare / contrast the lies Bud tells his family with the lies he tells his friends. Then, explain how Bud eventually comes clean with everyone, and what the repercussions of his honesty are.
Essay Topic 3
The Denny's robbery was one of the pivotal events in the novel. First, explain how the gang scouted out the Denny's restaurant. Then,explain the events of the robbery. Finally, describe how the Denny's robbery was a turning point in the lives of Lamar and his gang.
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)