|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the physical state of the gang while they wait for Lamar's return?
2. What color does Lamar want to repaint Ruta Beth's home?
3. Who kills the truck driver after escaping from prison?
4. How many times has Richard been to Europe over the course of his life?
5. What disguise do Odell and Richard wear while scoping out a possible robbery spot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Richard and Odell dress up as old women?
2. How does Lamar save Richard's life after the Denny's shootout?
3. At the opening of the novel, why is Richard Peed in prison?
4. How does Lamar treat the manager of the Denny's during the robbery?
5. How does the police force treat Ted during his funeral?
6. What is Richard's job during the Denny's robbery?
7. How many people are shot and killed during the Denny's robbery?
8. What type of vehicle does Lamar use to escape from prison, and how does he get a hold of it?
9. What lie does Bud tell his son, Jeff, when he is supposed to meet him at the batting cages?
10. After escaping from the Stepford's house, what does Lamar demand Richard do to show his loyalty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Much of the novel's plot surrounds Bud's changing relationship with his wife. First, describe the relationship Bud has with his wife at the opening of the novel and compare / contrast that to the relationship he has with his wife at the end of the novel. Then, give at least two examples of major events in the novel and describe how these events altered the way Bud felt about his relationship with his wife.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout their time on the run together, Lamar frequently challenges Richard, ordering him to perform dangerous jobs. First, explain why Lamar challenges Richard. What is he hoping to accomplish during these challenges? Then, give at least two examples of challenges Lamar put Richard up to, and explain what Richard's response to the challenge was.
Essay Topic 3
The Stepford's prove to be an important element in getting Lamar's gang up and running. First, describe how Lamar knows the Stepfords. Then, describe Lamar's treatment of the Stepfords. Finally, explain how the Stepfords were instrumental in getting Lamar's gang off its feet and into action.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)