|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the novel, which of the following events most terrifies Richard?
(a) Taking a shower.
(b) Going to the bathroom.
(c) Falling asleep.
(d) Looking in the mirror.
2. On which street is the house that Holly wants to buy?
(a) On Chicago Street.
(b) On 16th Street.
(c) On Alger Street.
(d) On Boulevard Street.
3. Where does Lamar want to have the image of the lion tattooed on his body?
(a) On his back.
(b) On his leg.
(c) On his neck.
(d) On his chest.
4. How does Lamar react to the cake Ruta Beth bakes for him?
(a) He smashes the cake with his fists.
(b) He starts to cry.
(c) He starts to laugh.
(d) He ignores the cake completely.
5. Into what shape does Ruta Beth bake a cake in the hopes of cheering Lamar?
(a) A lion.
(b) A football.
(c) A heart.
(d) A dollar bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the members of Bud's family is written up in a local newspaper article, leading Lamar and the gang straight to the family?
2. How does Lamar augment his appearance before starting to stalk Bud's family?
3. Which of the following words do the gangsters at the end of the novel use to describe a particularly dangerous criminal?
4. Why is Bud's son, Jeff, arrested?
5. At the end of the novel, which gang member is spending life in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bud end up house hunting with Holly?
2. How does Lamar prepare to stalk Bud and his family?
3. What happens when Lamar ambushes Bud in the woods?
4. How does Lamar cope with his growing grief after Odell's death?
5. How does Jen react to the news that Bud has been having an affair?
6. What mixed reactions does Bud experience in regards to the public's opinion of Lamar?
7. Why is Bud's son, Jeff, arrested?
8. What happens to Richard at the end of the novel?
9. How does Bud react when he first arrives at the Tull farm, knowing Lamar and his gang are hiding out there?
10. What moral conflict does Bud encounter while he is tracking tire prints?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)