|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of romantic relationship(s) is Bud Pewtie in?
(a) He is single.
(b) He has a wife.
(c) He has a girlfriend.
(d) He has a wife and a girlfriend.
2. Who saves Richard's life when he almost drowns?
(b) Ruta Beth.
3. What type of gun does Bud say he is dying to purchase?
(a) A Smith and Wesson.
(b) A Derringer.
(c) A Colt.
(d) A Baretta.
4. What is the name of Bud Pewtie's partner?
5. What is Mrs. Stepford's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is given the order to kill the Stepfords?
2. Who does Richard think about when he almost drowns in the river?
3. At the opening of the novel, what is Lamar Pye obsessing over?
4. What does Richard Peed do for a living?
5. How does Lamar escape prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event happens in the showers of the prison that changes Lamar Pye's prison life?
2. Who are Mr. and Mrs. Stepford?
3. After the shootout at the Stepfords, where do Lamar and his gang hideout?
4. How does Lamar escape prison?
5. How does Lamar treat the manager of the Denny's during the robbery?
6. How do Lamar and his gang manage to avoid the police after the Denny's robbery?
7. How has CD Henderson's police career changed as he has aged?
8. What type of relationship does Lamar have with Richard at the opening of the novel?
9. How does Bud learn about Ted's death, and what is his reaction to the news?
10. What type of vehicle does Lamar use to escape from prison, and how does he get a hold of it?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)