|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Richard's life when he almost drowns?
(b) Ruta Beth.
2. Who kills the truck driver after escaping from prison?
3. What type of animal does Richard Peed draw for Lamar?
(a) An ostrich.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A lion.
4. Who tells Bud that Ted is dead?
(a) His son.
(b) His nurse.
(c) His boss.
(d) His wife.
5. According to police reports, how many people were killed at the restaurant robbery?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which activity does Lamar Pye typically do alone, even though he is in prison?
2. To which type of animal does Lamar compare the restaurant manager?
3. What type of case changed Ted's view of his line of work?
4. Why don't the Stepfords die when they are shot?
5. From which of the following locations does Richard steal his first car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Bud's colonel come to give him while he is recuperating in the hospital?
2. How did Ted lose his nerve as a police officer?
3. How does Bud reopen his wounds after his first surgery?
4. What event happens in the showers of the prison that changes Lamar Pye's prison life?
5. Why is Bud Pewtie not excited to be partnered on a manhunt with Ted Pepper?
6. How does Bud learn about Ted's death, and what is his reaction to the news?
7. After the shootout at the Stepfords, where do Lamar and his gang hideout?
8. Who are Mr. and Mrs. Stepford?
9. What does Bud discover when he goes to visit McAlaster?
10. At the opening of the novel, why is Lamar Pye in prison?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)