|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Bud take with him to sort through Lamar's old things at the prison?
2. In what state was the restaurant Lamar robbed?
(c) New Mexico.
3. Which of the following workers is concerned when Mr. Stepford misses an appointment?
(a) A construction worker.
(b) A waitress.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
4. How old are Mr. and Mrs. Stepford?
(a) They are in their forties.
(b) They are in their eighties.
(c) They are in their sixties.
(d) They are in their twenties.
5. After leaving the Stepford's house, where does Bud wake up?
(a) In a ditch.
(b) At a lover's house.
(c) In his own bed.
(d) In the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which type of animal does Lamar compare the restaurant manager?
2. What is the name of the gang leader that protects Lamar Pye?
3. What is the name of the penitentiary where Richard and Lamar are serving time?
4. Which of the following body parts is the first Ted feels when he wakes up in the hospital?
5. At what time of day does Bud arrive at the restaurant crime scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does CD Henderson frequently tell about the heyday of his career?
2. Why was Ruta Beth once incarcerated?
3. What lie does Bud tell his son, Jeff, when he is supposed to meet him at the batting cages?
4. How has CD Henderson's police career changed as he has aged?
5. What type of vehicle does Lamar use to escape from prison, and how does he get a hold of it?
6. What injuries did Bud sustain during the shootout at the Stepford house?
7. How did Bud and Holly first hook up?
8. At the opening of the novel, why is Richard Peed in prison?
9. What type of relationship does Lamar have with Richard at the opening of the novel?
10. Why do Richard and Odell dress up as old women?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)