|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following car models is NOT one of the three Colonel McCutcheon narrows down from the crime scene?
(a) A Toyota Tercel.
(b) A Nissan Sentra.
(c) A Ford Bronco.
(d) A Hyundai Excel.
2. Where is Lamar hiding when Bud arrives at Ruta Beth's house to investigate her car?
(a) In the garage.
(b) In a hay bale.
(c) In a closet.
(d) Under the car.
3. After his baseball game, where does Jeff go with his teammates?
(a) To a bar.
(b) To a pizza parlor.
(c) To a movie.
(d) To a house party.
4. Where does Bud go after Jeff's baseball game?
(a) Home with Jen.
(b) To the party with Jeff.
(c) To Holly's.
(d) To the bar.
5. Which Ivy League school does Russ get accepted into?
6. When Bud visits CD Henderson after being released from the hospital, what is CD watching on TV?
(b) Old football games.
(c) Reruns of game shows.
(d) Soap operas.
7. How does Lamar react to the cake Ruta Beth bakes for him?
(a) He starts to cry.
(b) He ignores the cake completely.
(c) He smashes the cake with his fists.
(d) He starts to laugh.
8. What type of strange graffiti does Bud begin to notice throughout town?
(a) Pro-gang graffiti.
(b) Anti-government graffiti.
(c) Anti-police graffiti.
(d) Pro-Lamar graffiti.
9. Why is Bud's son, Jeff, arrested?
(a) For getting into a fight.
(b) For vandalism.
(c) For grand theft auto.
(d) For breaking and entering.
10. At the end of the novel, which gang member is spending life in prison?
(d) Ruta Beth.
11. What part of Bud's body does Lamar swear he will cut off before he dies?
(a) His face.
(b) His arms.
(c) His legs.
(d) His genitals.
12. What is the name of the high school that Jeff attends?
(a) Copper High School.
(b) Lawton High School.
(c) Chippewa High School.
(d) Oklahoma City High School.
13. What type of grain does Lamar want to plant in Ruta Beth's fields?
14. How many bedrooms does the house have that Holly wants to buy?
(a) Two bedrooms.
(b) One bedroom.
(c) Four bedrooms.
(d) Three bedrooms.
15. What does Bud think of the house Holly wants to buy?
(a) He thinks it's too large.
(b) He thinks it's too modern.
(c) He thinks it's too expensive.
(d) He thinks it's too small.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cold beverage does Ruta Beth keep in her refrigerator that Lamar looks forward to drinking after a long day working in the fields?
2. What is Ruta Beth's nickname for Lamar?
3. Which part of the lion's body does Richard have a particularly difficult time drawing?
4. During what month of the year is the final funeral in the novel held?
5. How does Lamar feel while he is stalking Bud through traffic?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)