|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills the truck driver after escaping from prison?
2. At the opening of the novel, how long does Richard Peed have before he will be moved to a minimum security prison?
(a) A few years.
(b) A few months.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few days.
3. What is the name of the motel where Bud frequently meets up with Holly?
(a) The Motel 8.
(b) The Do Si Do Motel.
(c) The Drive-Thru Motel.
(d) The Rainbow Motel.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Richard eats during his breakfast at the restaurant Lamar robbed?
(b) Home fries.
5. Which of the following characters does Bud take with him to sort through Lamar's old things at the prison?
6. Which of the following celebrities is NOT one Ruta Beth Tull is fascinated with?
(a) Shania Twain.
(b) Reba McEntire.
(c) Bill Clinton.
(d) Meryl Streep.
7. How does Ted feel about his job as a cop?
(a) He is confused about why he went into this line of work.
(b) He is totally apathetic.
(c) He is constantly terrified.
(d) He feels more important than he really is.
8. Who does Richard think about when he almost drowns in the river?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
9. Immediately after escaping from prison, what is Lamar most interested in finding on "the outside"?
10. What is the name of Bud Pewtie's partner?
11. Who was Richard Peed's victim?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
12. Who acted as the lookout during Lamar's restaurant robbery?
(d) Ruta Beth.
13. What type of case changed Ted's view of his line of work?
(a) A kidnapping case.
(b) An embezzlement case.
(c) A traffic stop.
(d) A murder case.
14. Which of the following alcoholic beverages is CD Henderson's drink of choice?
15. What type of romantic relationship(s) is Bud Pewtie in?
(a) He has a wife.
(b) He is single.
(c) He has a wife and a girlfriend.
(d) He has a girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of home does Ruta Beth Tull own?
2. In what state was the restaurant Lamar robbed?
3. When Lamar is attacked by the gang leader, what does he do?
4. How are Lamar and Odell related?
5. What type of food does Ruta Beth promise to make for the gang after they rob the restaurant?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)