|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The meeting involves which of the following?
2. What is the man's former profession?
3. Who has lunch with Amanda?
4. What is the name of Dickie Hickcock's shell corporation?
5. Dino claims that his ancestors were which part of the royal family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stone get help after the incident? What are Stone's injuries?
2. What information is detailed in Hickcock's personal issue of DIRT?
3. Discuss the scene between Amanda and Hickcock during their lunch meeting. What does Amanda say that shocks Hickcock?
4. Why do Amanda and Hickcock want Stone to stop investigating DIRT?
5. What news does Arrington deliver on the way home from the hospital? What is Stone's reaction?
6. What inside information does Arrington give to Stone about Dryer?
7. What are Stone's next steps in locating the Bruces?
8. What does Detective Gleason relay to Stone and Dino? What valuable clue is gleaned from the conversation?
9. How does Amanda intend to make a profit from the information regarding Window Seat?
10. Who is Geoffrey Power? What part does he play in the case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Enrico Bianchi? What type of character is Bianchi? What is his profession? What role does the play in the story? How is he related to one or more of the characters in the book? How does that relationship affect the characters and/or the story? Who is an old friend to Bianchi? Why do the old friends meet? Is their relationship still strong? What is Bianchi's role in dealing with the Bruce brothers?
Essay Topic 2
Write a short story that takes place six, twelve, or eighteen months after the end of the book. What might happen to Hickcock, Tiff, Stone, Arrington, and Dino? Would any of the relationships change? Would the guys still meet at Elaine's? Will Arrington and Stone still be together? Will Dino be investigated for his ties to the Bianchis? Use your imagination and remember to put in a plausible new murder plot.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Stone and Amanda. What is the common ground for their relationship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do they respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Does either have any ulterior motives regarding the relationship? Explain.
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)