|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the place located?
2. The meeting involves which of the following?
3. What is the name of Allan's former lover?
4. Stone goes downstairs only to discover that the _____ are open.
5. Where do they have lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during dinner at Stone's house? What causes the group to go to the Shubert Theater?
2. Why do Amanda and Hickcock want Stone to stop investigating DIRT?
3. Discuss the burglaries in the 19th precinct. What request does Stone make of Dino? What other request does Stone make?
4. What is the next step for the Bruce brothers? What incident makes it obvious that someone is closing in on them?
5. What happens when Stone goes to investigate the strange noise downstairs?
6. Describe the meeting between Hickcock and Bianchi. What requests does Hickcock make?
7. What does Detective Gleason relay to Stone and Dino? What valuable clue is gleaned from the conversation?
8. What inside information does Arrington give to Stone about Dryer?
9. Examine the scene in which Dino and Mary Ann meet with the Whitfields. How does May Ann surprise Dino?
10. Discuss Allan Peebles' downfall and removal from the American Infiltrator.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Out of the blue, Dino announces that he and Mary Ann are going to buy an apartment in Manhattan. Explain the scenario. What is Stone's reaction? Is this a sudden thing, or have Dino and Mary Ann considered the move for a long time? Who is Mary Ann's father and how will he help with the purchase? What is Dino's relationship to the Bianchis? How might the family business and the money raised for the apartment interfere with Dino's police work? Does any of this concern Dino? What is Stone's opinion? What do you think will happen next?
Essay Topic 2
Write your own murder mystery based on "DIRT". Use Stone Barrington as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Stone and Amanda. What is the common ground for their relationship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do they respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Does either have any ulterior motives regarding the relationship? Explain.
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)