|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not found in Dryer's apartment?
2. Where does Burch's daughter go to school?
3. Dino and Mary Ann are trying to buy which of the following?
4. What is the name of Dryer's former landlord?
5. How old is the man known as Power?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Stone's next steps in locating the Bruces?
2. What happens during dinner at Stone's house? What causes the group to go to the Shubert Theater?
3. What is the next and last issue of DIRT? Who will receive it? What is different about this issue?
4. What inside information does Arrington give to Stone about Dryer?
5. What does Detective Gleason relay to Stone and Dino? What valuable clue is gleaned from the conversation?
6. How does Stone get help after the incident? What are Stone's injuries?
7. What is the next step for the Bruce brothers? What incident makes it obvious that someone is closing in on them?
8. Discuss the scene between Amanda and Hickcock during their lunch meeting. What does Amanda say that shocks Hickcock?
9. What information is detailed in Hickcock's personal issue of DIRT?
10. Discuss Dino's conversation with Mr. Elliot. How is Elliot possibly linked to Millman's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Martha McMahon is murdered and the death is made to look like an accident. Explain why Stone thinks Martha was murdered. Also examine how the death was ruled as an accident. What were the details surrounding Martha's death? Are the behaviors outlined by Amanda typical behaviors for Martha? Explain Stone's thoughts and if the thoughts are realistic considering the evidence at the scene. Does Stone have evidence, or is it simply a hunch? How could the murder affect the case? Would it affect the reputation of Amanda or Galaxy Media? How might the murder affect Amanda's career?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on news sources. Stone goggles at the speed with which some of the media gets their hands on personal and private information. Reporters tend to use any sources they can to get information for the news. For example, it might be easy for Amanda to use her relationship with Barrington to get inside information on the case. What are the most common ways to get information? Who might be used as a source? How could a reporter know if a source is valuable and/or reliable? What is commonly known about reporters protecting their sources? What is the penalty for refusing to reveal one's source? Also discuss professional ethics and how it might be difficult to be in a relationship like the one shared by Amanda and Stone.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Enrico Bianchi? What type of character is Bianchi? What is his profession? What role does the play in the story? How is he related to one or more of the characters in the book? How does that relationship affect the characters and/or the story? Who is an old friend to Bianchi? Why do the old friends meet? Is their relationship still strong? What is Bianchi's role in dealing with the Bruce brothers?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)