|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does each identity have in common? Which letter appears in each name?
2. Stone goes downstairs only to discover that the _____ are open.
3. Hickcock tries to call off which event?
4. What kind of business is associated with the man?
5. What name is Power using at this point in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Bruce brothers? What are they doing when they are found?
2. Why do Amanda and Hickcock want Stone to stop investigating DIRT?
3. Examine the scene in which Dino and Mary Ann meet with the Whitfields. How does May Ann surprise Dino?
4. Discuss the scene at Amanda's country house. Why is Stone present? What is Stone's advice? What does Arrington say about the case?
5. What has been decided about the leak in Amanda's office? Who is clean? Who is the probable leak?
6. What information does Allan Peebles share with Amanda?
7. Discuss Dino's conversation with Mr. Elliot. How is Elliot possibly linked to Millman's murder?
8. What steps do Hickcock take to ensure his privacy? Who does Hickcock contact for help?
9. What are Hickcock's instructions? What is the next step for Hickcock?
10. What news does Arrington deliver on the way home from the hospital? What is Stone's reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Thomas Bruce aka Jonathan Dryer. What types of things would Bruce be most proud of in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might Bruce have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might Bruce describe how he felt before, during and after each heist or episode of blackmail?
Essay Topic 2
Write a short story from the point of Arrington Carter regarding her first meeting with Stone. How did the pair meet? Was there an instant attraction? When did they become friends and eventually lovers? Does the couple have anything in common at all? If so, what? How does Arrington adjust her professional life in regards to Stone's investigation? How has the life of each character changed since they met?
Essay Topic 3
Write your own murder mystery based on "DIRT". Use Stone Barrington as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)