|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peebles is tricked by a delivery person supposedly working for which company?
2. Stone warns Dino to do what?
3. What magazine shows an important advertisement?
4. How are the issues of DIRT delivered?
5. What is Dino's rank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the break-in of the second upscale apartment. What items are taken?
2. Detail the meeting between Stone and Tiff. What does Tiff offer as a clue?
3. Describe the first date between Stone and Arrington.
4. What background history is learned about Amanda Dart? How does the public learn about Amanda's history?
5. What is Stone's advice to Hickcock? What is Hickcock's reaction?
6. Describe Jonathan's presence at Arrington's apartment building.
7. What is the relationship between Stone and Dino Bacchetti? Where do the men often meet for dinner?
8. Discuss the reason for the meeting between Stone and Dick Hickcock. What is Stone's reaction?
9. Examine the meeting between Amanda and Bill Eggers.
10. What issue does Dino face regarding the new apartment in Manhattan? What is Stone's warning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There seems to be a deep friendship and healthy rivalry between Barrington and Bacchetti. Describe the relationship between the two men. How long have Barrington and Bacchetti known each other? How long have they worked together? Is there relationship more of a friendship or partnership? What do you think will happen now that Barrington is no longer a member of the NYPD? Compare and contrast the professional duties of Barrington and Bacchetti.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of Manhattan for the setting in the Stone Barrington series. Why do you think Woods chose Manhattan? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Manhattan? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Barrington and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Thomas Bruce aka Jonathan Dryer. What types of things would Bruce be most proud of in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might Bruce have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might Bruce describe how he felt before, during and after each heist or episode of blackmail?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)