|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Arnie?
2. Where do Stone and Dino meet for dinner?
3. Where was Arrington born and raised?
4. What is the name of Amanda's employer?
5. What is the name of Amanda's chauffeur?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the conversation between Dino and Stone regarding Arnie. Also describe the events at Arnie's funeral.
2. What background history is learned about Amanda Dart? How does the public learn about Amanda's history?
3. Explain the relationship between Amanda and Bill Eggers; Amanda and Richard Hickock.
4. Describe the meeting between Stone, Eggers and Glynnis Hickcock. What is Stone's response?
5. Discuss the next issue of DIRT. Who is the focus of this issue?
6. Discuss the scene that takes place between Arrington and Stone in front of Stone's house.
7. Who is Elaine? Why is she often featured in the story?
8. What happens to Amanda when she attends the book signing of her friend Norm Barton?
9. Discuss the information gathered on Amanda's staff according to Arnie Millman's report.
10. Explain the scene between Stone and Amanda during their trip to Connecticut. What agreement does the couple make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Stuart Woods' Stone Barrington series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Barrington. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Barrington next? How might Barrington's relationships change in future books? What type of case might Barrington accept next?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Enrico Bianchi? What type of character is Bianchi? What is his profession? What role does the play in the story? How is he related to one or more of the characters in the book? How does that relationship affect the characters and/or the story? Who is an old friend to Bianchi? Why do the old friends meet? Is their relationship still strong? What is Bianchi's role in dealing with the Bruce brothers?
Essay Topic 3
Write a complete character description of Jonathan Dryer. What is Dryer's real name? What is the persona he uses in New York? How is it different from his real persona? How does he become involved with DIRT? What is Jonathan's purpose for exposing Amanda, Hickcock and Peebles? Explain. Also explain Dryer's former work with the government and training in covert operations.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)