Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 28, Reg explains that for several months he hadn't been using the time machine because:
2. What does the ghost say about possessing Michael?
3. Why does Richard call Susan after Dirk gives him the details of Gordon's death a second time?
4. What three magic words has the Electric Monk been saying to people after listening to their troubles?
5. After Dirk saves the whole human race from extinction, what does he crave?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the prominent ghosts in this story, namely, Gordon Way's ghost and the ancient alien ghost. What frustrations do they share? What is each ghost's primary goal or mission? How do their intents differ? What vital role does each ghost play in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Dirk Gently's interactions and conversations with his clients. Why are they angry with him? How does he justify his charges? Is he a good detective, or is he taking advantage of people? Support your answers with passages from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Relationships in this story are complicated. Analyze the complexities and nuances of the following relationships:
1. Richard and Susan.
2. Dirk and Reg.
3. The Electric Monk and his horse.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)