|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Richard can't go to the police, Dirk decides to do what?
2. The individual sitting with drunk men on the train full of party revelers is haunted by an ancient ghost who says that:
3. In talking to Reg, Dirk figures out that when Richard seemed hypnotized, he really was:
4. The ancient alien ghost explains that he and his party landed on Earth for what?
5. Who sits next to three drunk men on a train that is full of party revelers from a wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony is a tool the author uses extensively in this book. List three instances where irony is used in situations involving one of the following characters:
Gordon, Richard, and Reg.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, questions remain as to whether or not Dirk Gently truly has psychic powers. In your opinion, does he or does he not have special psychic abilities? What other abilities does he possess (such as keen powers of observation) that might make him seem psychic to a casual observer?
Essay Topic 3
Does Dirk Gently save the human race from total extinction, as he claims that he does? Does he save the day by himself or with help from others? Explain in detail.
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)