|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reg go to get face powder to conceal his tan?
2. The individual sitting with drunk men on the train full of party revelers is haunted by an ancient ghost who says that:
3. What does Sergeant Gilks determine after listening to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment?
4. In talking to Reg, Dirk figures out that when Richard seemed hypnotized, he really was:
5. After Richard comes out of hypnosis, where does Dirk take him to talk about what he learned during the session?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Dirk Gently's interactions and conversations with his clients. Why are they angry with him? How does he justify his charges? Is he a good detective, or is he taking advantage of people? Support your answers with passages from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does the desolate opening scene change when it is revisited near the end of the book as Reg, Dirk, and Richard time travel? What aspects remain the same? What circumstances and situations create a different outcome the second time around?
Essay Topic 3
Does Dirk Gently save the human race from total extinction, as he claims that he does? Does he save the day by himself or with help from others? Explain in detail.
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)