|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the time machine leaves the rain forest and heads back to Cambridge, a knock on the door reveals Michael standing there with what?
2. After Gordon's death, how does Dirk manage to get into Richard's apartment?
3. Why do Reg, Richard, and Dirk travel across time to a rain forest in Mauritius in 1676?
4. The ghost explains that he was able to enter Samuel Taylor Coleridge's mind when he was what?
5. When Michael, possessed by the alien ghost, leaves the time machine and heads toward the tower, what is he wearing?
Essay Topic 1
In this book, the paranormal is normal. Cite three instances where a paranormal activity is treated like a perfectly normal occurrence.
Essay Topic 2
Irony is a tool the author uses extensively in this book. List three instances where irony is used in situations involving one of the following characters:
Gordon, Richard, and Reg.
Essay Topic 3
Does Dirk Gently save the human race from total extinction, as he claims that he does? Does he save the day by himself or with help from others? Explain in detail.
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)