Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 28, Reg explains that for several months he hadn't been using the time machine because:
2. What does the ghost say about possessing Michael?
3. Why does Richard call Susan after Dirk gives him the details of Gordon's death a second time?
4. What three magic words has the Electric Monk been saying to people after listening to their troubles?
5. After Dirk saves the whole human race from extinction, what does he crave?
Essay Topic 1
Cite three examples from the book where the author uses foreshadowing to alert the reader of events to come. Why is foreshadowing such an important storytelling tool for Douglas Adams? How does it enhance his writing style?
Essay Topic 2
Susan Way, Gordon Way, and Richard MacDuff are intricately connected through their various roles. Explain the interconnections between these three characters. Why does Gordon try to use Susan to put pressure on Richard? How does Susan feel about Gordon pressuring her? What are Susan's expectations of Richard? What are Gordon's expectations of Richard? At times, how does Richard find himself caught in the middle between Gordon's and Susan's demands? How do Susan and Richard resolve their issues by the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the prominent ghosts in this story, namely, Gordon Way's ghost and the ancient alien ghost. What frustrations do they share? What is each ghost's primary goal or mission? How do their intents differ? What vital role does each ghost play in the story?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)