Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reg's main reason for traveling through time?
2. After seeking advice from Nicola, who is ill, about a cello piece with challenging fingering, Susan gets a call. She answers it and hears what?
3. The ancient alien ghost that has possessed Michael Wenton-Weakes had been driven mad by what?
4. Reg replies "You're standing in it" in response to Dirk's question of where is the what?
5. After Richard comes out of hypnosis, where does Dirk take him to talk about what he learned during the session?
How does the desolate opening scene change when it is revisited near the end of the book as Reg, Dirk, and Richard time travel? What aspects remain the same? What circumstances and situations create a different outcome the second time around?
Cite three examples from the book where the author uses foreshadowing to alert the reader of events to come. Why is foreshadowing such an important storytelling tool for Douglas Adams? How does it enhance his writing style?
Susan Way, Gordon Way, and Richard MacDuff are intricately connected through their various roles. Explain the interconnections between these three characters. Why does Gordon try to use Susan to put pressure on Richard? How does Susan feel about Gordon pressuring her? What are Susan's expectations of Richard? What are Gordon's expectations of Richard? At times, how does Richard find himself caught in the middle between Gordon's and Susan's demands? How do Susan and Richard resolve their issues by the end of the story?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)