|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard checks where he is so that he can tell Susan by phone, he sees a black tower next to a river of mud. When he asks where they are, what is Dirk's reply?
2. After receiving the vital piece of information from Richard about a murder, Dirk realizes that the alien ghost was able to possess Michael because:
3. When Richard goes to Susan's place to comfort her after her brother's death, he finds her doing what?
4. When the time machine leaves the rain forest and heads back to Cambridge, a knock on the door reveals Michael standing there with what?
5. Who was trying to use Dirk's agency telephone to make a call to Susan?
Essay Topic 1
Expand upon the following themes covered extensively in this book:
1. The cause and effect nature of making choices.
2. The interconnectedness of all occurrences, especially those that seem random.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the following characters provide welcome comic relief at various points in the story:
1. The Electric Monk.
2. Richard the successful programmer.
3. Professor Urban Chronotis.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, questions remain as to whether or not Dirk Gently truly has psychic powers. In your opinion, does he or does he not have special psychic abilities? What other abilities does he possess (such as keen powers of observation) that might make him seem psychic to a casual observer?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)