|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Gordon's death, how does Dirk manage to get into Richard's apartment?
2. Dirk tells Richard that under hypnosis, he was able to remember details he's not even aware of consciously, including a full description of what?
3. What does the ghost say about possessing Michael?
4. During Richard's phone conversation with Susan about Gordon's murder, he learns that the police:
5. In Chapter 28, Reg explains that for several months he hadn't been using the time machine because:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dirk manipulate the police when he gets to Richard's apartment?
2. How do Chapters 18 - 20 hint at characters being possessed by ghosts?
3. Why has Michael brought scuba gear with him to Reg's time machine?
4. When Richard and his friends board the alien's mothership that has been orbiting Earth undetected for billions of years, what fills him with awe?
5. What does Michael reveal to drunken train travelers when he is possessed by an ancient alien ghost?
6. Summarize how the alien ghost ends up on Earth.
7. How does the alien ghost communicate with Dirk, Richard, and Reg?
8. When Michael Wenton-Weakes wakes up in a strange mood, what has he just dreamed about?
9. Why do Dirk and Reg seem so familiar with each other?
10. How does Dirk use the time machine to stop Michael from following the ghost's orders on primordial Earth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Relationships in this story are complicated. Analyze the complexities and nuances of the following relationships:
1. Richard and Susan.
2. Dirk and Reg.
3. The Electric Monk and his horse.
Essay Topic 2
Props and objects are strongly associated with specific characters. Explain the association between the following characters and their props and the importance of each object:
1. Susan and her cello.
2. Reg and his abacus.
3. Richard and his sofa.
Essay Topic 3
Does Dirk Gently save the human race from total extinction, as he claims that he does? Does he save the day by himself or with help from others? Explain in detail.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)