Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Gordon dies and steps out of his body, what does he find surprising?
2. In Chapter 13, who breaks into someone's apartment?
3. What is the relationship between Richard MacDuff and private investigator Dirk Gently?
4. What happens after the Electric Monk and his horse walk through a small wooden door in the valley?
5. In Dirk's office, he and Richard talk about Schrodinger's Cat, which is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author utilize foreshadowing with the character Gordon Way?
2. When Michael Wenton-Weakes wakes up in a strange mood, what has he just dreamed about?
3. By the end of the first chapter, what appears to have happened to the tower?
4. Why and how does Reg entertain Sarah, a bored little girl attending the Coleridge dinner?
5. How does Richard discover that his boss, Gordon, has been murdered?
6. What happens when the Electric Monk believes that Sergeant Gilks is a god?
7. What did Richard do before working for WayForward Technologies?
8. Explain why Dirk hypnotizes Richard.
9. How does Reg behave when he takes Dirk and Richard with him back in time to a rain forest?
10. What does Richard see the first time that he goes to Dirk's agency?
Compare and contrast the prominent ghosts in this story, namely, Gordon Way's ghost and the ancient alien ghost. What frustrations do they share? What is each ghost's primary goal or mission? How do their intents differ? What vital role does each ghost play in the story?
Dirk and Richard regard ghosts differently, with one being more accepting and the other more skeptical. Using examples from the book, compare and contrast how these two friends regard the concept of ghosts.
Susan Way, Gordon Way, and Richard MacDuff are intricately connected through their various roles. Explain the interconnections between these three characters. Why does Gordon try to use Susan to put pressure on Richard? How does Susan feel about Gordon pressuring her? What are Susan's expectations of Richard? What are Gordon's expectations of Richard? At times, how does Richard find himself caught in the middle between Gordon's and Susan's demands? How do Susan and Richard resolve their issues by the end of the story?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)