Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Gordon dies and steps out of his body, what does he find surprising?
2. In Chapter 13, who breaks into someone's apartment?
3. What is the relationship between Richard MacDuff and private investigator Dirk Gently?
4. What happens after the Electric Monk and his horse walk through a small wooden door in the valley?
5. In Dirk's office, he and Richard talk about Schrodinger's Cat, which is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author utilize foreshadowing with the character Gordon Way?
2. When Michael Wenton-Weakes wakes up in a strange mood, what has he just dreamed about?
3. By the end of the first chapter, what appears to have happened to the tower?
4. Why and how does Reg entertain Sarah, a bored little girl attending the Coleridge dinner?
5. How does Richard discover that his boss, Gordon, has been murdered?
6. What happens when the Electric Monk believes that Sergeant Gilks is a god?
7. What did Richard do before working for WayForward Technologies?
8. Explain why Dirk hypnotizes Richard.
9. How does Reg behave when he takes Dirk and Richard with him back in time to a rain forest?
10. What does Richard see the first time that he goes to Dirk's agency?
Essay Topic 1
Is Professor Urban Chronotis, commonly known as Reg, an absent-minded professor, a genius, or a little of both? Support your answer with passages from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Irony is a tool the author uses extensively in this book. List three instances where irony is used in situations involving one of the following characters:
Gordon, Richard, and Reg.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the following characters provide welcome comic relief at various points in the story:
1. The Electric Monk.
2. Richard the successful programmer.
3. Professor Urban Chronotis.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)