|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 17, what happens as the horse relishes its newfound freedom?
2. In Dirk's office, he and Richard talk about Schrodinger's Cat, which is what?
3. When Richard leaves Reg's place after seeing a horse in the bathroom, he notices that:
4. What happens after the Electric Monk and his horse walk through a small wooden door in the valley?
5. What does Richard do after taking the tape out of Susan Way's answering machine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard discover that his boss, Gordon, has been murdered?
2. By the end of the first chapter, what appears to have happened to the tower?
3. As a ghostly Gordon makes his way to his cottage, what does he ponder?
4. What is an Electric Monk?
5. When Susan enters her apartment and finds Richard there, what does she do?
6. How does Richard locate Dirk Gently's detective agency?
7. What does Gordon Way do on the last day of his life?
8. How does Richard explain to himself the vision he gets of Gordon Way standing in the middle of the road?
9. Describe similarities and differences between WayForward Technologies I and II.
10. What did Richard do before working for WayForward Technologies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Expand upon the following themes covered extensively in this book:
1. The cause and effect nature of making choices.
2. The interconnectedness of all occurrences, especially those that seem random.
Essay Topic 2
Does Dirk Gently save the human race from total extinction, as he claims that he does? Does he save the day by himself or with help from others? Explain in detail.
Essay Topic 3
The ancient alien ghost unsuccessfully tries to gain control over the poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Richard, and Reg. The ghost does succeed in fully possessing Michael. What enables the ghost to possess him completely? What similarities do Michael and the ghost share?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)