|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Electric Monk looks across a vast valley, he begins to imagine that he'll find a door here leading to where?
2. Dirk is arrested and thrown out of college for:
3. In Chapter 3, Susan Way tells Michael to do what?
4. How does the horse regard the Electric Monk that rides it?
5. When Richard sees what appears to be someone lugging a body into a field, he dismisses this as merely what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Gordon Way gets out of his car to check his trunk?
2. By the end of the first chapter, what appears to have happened to the tower?
3. As Chapter 4 opens, two men are walking towards a dinner on campus honoring Samuel T. Coleridge. Who are these two men?
4. When Richard leaves Reg's place after seeing a horse in the bathroom, what surprises him about the front door landing?
5. What belief system does the Electric Monk subscribe to after he starts doubting that the valley before him is pink?
6. Explain what happens after Gordon's ghost arrives at his cottage.
7. How does Richard discover that his boss, Gordon, has been murdered?
8. Describe similarities and differences between WayForward Technologies I and II.
9. Within the context of breaking into Susan's apartment, explain why Richard appears to be someone who makes poor choices.
10. Why does the little girl, Sarah, pass around a pot at the Coleridge dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the prominent ghosts in this story, namely, Gordon Way's ghost and the ancient alien ghost. What frustrations do they share? What is each ghost's primary goal or mission? How do their intents differ? What vital role does each ghost play in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Dirk and Richard regard ghosts differently, with one being more accepting and the other more skeptical. Using examples from the book, compare and contrast how these two friends regard the concept of ghosts.
Essay Topic 3
The ancient alien ghost unsuccessfully tries to gain control over the poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Richard, and Reg. The ghost does succeed in fully possessing Michael. What enables the ghost to possess him completely? What similarities do Michael and the ghost share?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)