|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was trying to use Dirk's agency telephone to make a call to Susan?
(a) Gordon's ghost.
(c) The alient ghost.
2. When Dirk brings up the matter of Richard's sofa, Richard is appalled, since he feels they should be talking about what instead?
(a) Susan's new boyfriend.
(b) Time travel.
(d) Gordon's death.
3. When Richard checks where he is so that he can tell Susan by phone, he sees a black tower next to a river of mud. When he asks where they are, what is Dirk's reply?
(a) "The past."
(d) "Outer space."
4. Reg's resistance to the poltergeist results in what?
(a) Supernatural activity.
(b) A twisted knot in the time-space continuum.
(c) The college board wanting to fire him.
(d) A broken, unusable time machine.
5. Why do Reg, Richard, and Dirk travel across time to a rain forest in Mauritius in 1676?
(a) To get away from the alien ghost.
(b) To retrieve a watch Reg had left behind.
(c) To save a type of iguana from extinction.
(d) To see a dodo bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to stop the alien ghost from preventing life from starting on Earth, Richard, Reg and Dirk travel forward to:
2. Richard presses Reg to explain how he got the salt shaker into the old Greek pot, and Reg replies that:
3. What three magic words has the Electric Monk been saying to people after listening to their troubles?
4. At Richard's place, Detective Inspector Mason is accompanied by Sergeant Gilks, who is:
5. After Richard comes out of hypnosis, where does Dirk take him to talk about what he learned during the session?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reg behave when he takes Dirk and Richard with him back in time to a rain forest?
2. At the end of the book, how does Richard finally do right by Susan?
3. How is the alien ghost responsible for life on Earth?
4. Why is the answering machine tape Dirk finds in Richard's apartment important?
5. Why has Michael brought scuba gear with him to Reg's time machine?
6. When Richard and his friends board the alien's mothership that has been orbiting Earth undetected for billions of years, what fills him with awe?
7. Summarize how the alien ghost ends up on Earth.
8. Explain how the book's opening scene is repeated near the end of the book, but with a twist.
9. Why does Dirk want Richard to ask Reg about his conjuring act?
10. Why does Richard jump into a canal?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)