|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Richard can't go to the police, Dirk decides to do what?
(a) Hypnotize Richard to learn the facts.
(b) Hide Richard in the basement.
(c) Get more details from the Electronic Monk.
(d) Listen to the messages on Gordon's answering machine.
2. While Dirk, Reg, and Richard try to figure out what's behind all the strange recent events, who shows up at the gates of St. Cedd's carrying a large nylon bag?
3. After Gordon's death, how does Dirk manage to get into Richard's apartment?
(a) Shipping himself in a package.
(b) Fast-talking his way past the police.
(c) Using his invisibility shield.
(d) Hypnotizing the security guard.
4. When the time machine leaves the rain forest and heads back to Cambridge, a knock on the door reveals Michael standing there with what?
(a) A wheelbarrow.
(b) Scuba equipment.
(c) Large bowling pins.
(d) A tray of sushi.
5. What is Reg's main reason for traveling through time?
(a) To make his magic tricks possible.
(b) To watch shows he has missed.
(c) To correct the past.
(d) To hide when necessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the alien's ship that landed on Earth several billion years ago explode?
2. The individual sitting with drunk men on the train full of party revelers is haunted by an ancient ghost who says that:
3. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, why does Dirk prompt Richard to ask about the conjuring trick?
4. After receiving the vital piece of information from Richard about a murder, Dirk realizes that the alien ghost was able to possess Michael because:
5. When Richard goes to Susan's place to comfort her after her brother's death, he finds her doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dirk purchase an easy to use phone with large red push-buttons for his detective agency?
2. How does Dirk use the time machine to stop Michael from following the ghost's orders on primordial Earth?
3. At the end of the book, how does Richard finally do right by Susan?
4. How does the alien ghost communicate with Dirk, Richard, and Reg?
5. What happens when the Electric Monk believes that Sergeant Gilks is a god?
6. How is the alien ghost responsible for life on Earth?
7. What reason does Reg give for resisting the temptation to use his time machine?
8. Explain how Dirk and Richard feel about ghosts.
9. How do Chapters 18 - 20 hint at characters being possessed by ghosts?
10. Why does Dirk want Richard to ask Reg about his conjuring act?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)