|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the book, when Richard hears Susan play the cello, he recognizes the music as:
(a) What he had heard at the Coleridge dinner.
(b) What was playing in the elevator.
(c) What was playing on the taxi's radio.
(d) What he had heard on the alien mothership.
2. When Detective Inspector Mason arrives at Richard's apartment, what does he order police officers to do?
(a) Check the microwave.
(b) Look under the beds.
(c) Move the sofa.
(d) Confiscate the computers.
3. The ancient alien ghost explains that he came from where?
4. Reg's explanation of his magic tricks reveals that he has been:
(a) Abducted by aliens.
(b) Time traveling.
(c) Possessed by a ghost.
5. When Dirk listens to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment, he realizes that:
(a) Richard couldn't possibly be connected to Gordon's murder.
(b) He might be named a suspect if he's not careful.
(c) He doesn't know what he's looking for.
(d) Gordon may still be alive somewhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. After receiving the vital piece of information from Richard about a murder, Dirk realizes that the alien ghost was able to possess Michael because:
2. At the end of the book, Dirk sends one more bill to Mrs. Sauskind; what is this bill for?
3. The ancient alien ghost tells Richard that upon reading his article about music, he was what?
4. What is the point of the blue squiggles Dirk writes on a piece of paper?
5. The ancient alien ghost that has possessed Michael Wenton-Weakes had been driven mad by what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the alien ghost responsible for life on Earth?
2. Why does Richard jump into a canal?
3. Why is the answering machine tape Dirk finds in Richard's apartment important?
4. How do Chapters 18 - 20 hint at characters being possessed by ghosts?
5. How does Dirk manipulate the police when he gets to Richard's apartment?
6. Explain why Dirk hypnotizes Richard.
7. How does Reg behave when he takes Dirk and Richard with him back in time to a rain forest?
8. How does Reg get the salt shaker into young Sarah's old Greek pot?
9. What does Michael reveal to drunken train travelers when he is possessed by an ancient alien ghost?
10. Explain how Dirk and Richard feel about ghosts.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)