|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the alien ghost's explanation, what has been orbiting Earth undetected since the explosion that killed him and his friends?
(a) A giant beach ball.
(b) A feeble ghost of his exploded ship.
(c) The mothership.
(d) The Electric Monk's ship.
2. When Michael, possessed by the alien ghost, leaves the time machine and heads toward the tower, what is he wearing?
(a) Red tie.
(b) Space suit.
(c) Angel wings.
(d) Scuba gear.
3. The individual sitting with drunk men on the train full of party revelers is haunted by an ancient ghost who says that:
(a) His group tried to reach another galaxy but ended up on Earth instead.
(b) His group tried to reach Venus but ended up on Earth instead.
(c) His group came to Earth to build a paradise.
(d) His group came to Earth to destroy it.
4. What does Dirk do when a police officer is about to saw Richard's sofa in half?
(a) Transforms the saw into a butter knife.
(b) Faints in order to cause a distraction.
(c) Orders him to guard the sofa instead.
(d) Sends the officer back through time.
5. At Richard's place, Detective Inspector Mason is accompanied by Sergeant Gilks, who is:
(a) Gordon's former college roommate.
(b) The officer who found Richard on the road.
(c) Michael's half brother.
(d) The person who got Dirk kicked out of college.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard goes to Susan's place to comfort her after her brother's death, he finds her doing what?
2. When Reg tells his story to Richard and Dirk, he says he's so old that:
3. The ancient alien ghost explains that he came from where?
4. Reg's explanation of his magic tricks reveals that he has been:
5. Why do Reg, Richard, and Dirk travel across time to a rain forest in Mauritius in 1676?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reg behave when he takes Dirk and Richard with him back in time to a rain forest?
2. How does Reg get the salt shaker into young Sarah's old Greek pot?
3. When Michael Wenton-Weakes wakes up in a strange mood, what has he just dreamed about?
4. Why does Richard jump into a canal?
5. At the end of the book, how does Richard finally do right by Susan?
6. How do Chapters 18 - 20 hint at characters being possessed by ghosts?
7. When Richard and his friends board the alien's mothership that has been orbiting Earth undetected for billions of years, what fills him with awe?
8. How does Dirk manipulate the police when he gets to Richard's apartment?
9. Why does Dirk want Richard to ask Reg about his conjuring act?
10. Explain how the book's opening scene is repeated near the end of the book, but with a twist.
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)