|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dirk figures out that the alien ghost wants to wipe out humanity and:
(a) Start over with dolphins as the dominant species.
(b) Start over and build his own paradise.
(c) Haunt a planet free of annoying people.
(d) Let trees take over the world.
2. Who sits next to three drunk men on a train that is full of party revelers from a wedding?
3. After Dirk saves the whole human race from extinction, what does he crave?
(a) A slice of apple pie.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) A pizza.
(d) An orange.
4. After Dirk saves the world, Richard asks:
(a) For a detailed explanation.
(b) For a ride to the university.
(c) To go home.
(d) To see a psychiatrist.
5. After his phone conversation with Susan, Richard rushes over to Dirk and Reg to reveal what vital piece of information?
(a) Gordon murdered Jonathan.
(b) Ross murdered Gordon.
(c) Michael murdered Gordon.
(d) Michael murdered Ross.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ancient alien ghost that has possessed Michael Wenton-Weakes had been driven mad by what?
2. During Richard's phone conversation with Susan about Gordon's murder, he learns that the police:
3. At the end of the book, Richard has a phone conversation with Reg during which he learns that:
4. At the end of the story, Richard is able to make reservations for dinner with Susan at a very expensive, elite restaurant that's booked three weeks in advance by doing what?
5. When Detective Inspector Mason arrives at Richard's apartment, what does he order police officers to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dirk want Richard to ask Reg about his conjuring act?
2. How does Dirk manipulate the police when he gets to Richard's apartment?
3. Susan keeps getting phone calls where all she hears is a faint wind. What are these calls about?
4. How does Reg behave when he takes Dirk and Richard with him back in time to a rain forest?
5. Why is the answering machine tape Dirk finds in Richard's apartment important?
6. What happens when the Electric Monk believes that Sergeant Gilks is a god?
7. Why does Dirk purchase an easy to use phone with large red push-buttons for his detective agency?
8. How does Reg get the salt shaker into young Sarah's old Greek pot?
9. At the end of the book, how does Richard finally do right by Susan?
10. Explain why Dirk hypnotizes Richard.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)