|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Reg, Richard, and Dirk travel across time to a rain forest in Mauritius in 1676?
(a) To see a dodo bird.
(b) To retrieve a watch Reg had left behind.
(c) To save a type of iguana from extinction.
(d) To get away from the alien ghost.
2. When Reg tells his story to Richard and Dirk, he says he's so old that:
(a) He makes the chancellor look young.
(b) He's seen the beginning and end of countless nations.
(c) His gray hair has turned gray twenty times over.
(d) He doesn't remember who he is.
3. At the end of the book, Richard has a phone conversation with Reg during which he learns that:
(a) Dirk took the time machine into the future.
(b) Gordon managed to leave Reg a message before vanishing.
(c) Reg took the Electric Monk and his horse back to their home.
(d) Reg is no longer in love with Susan.
4. When Dirk questions Richard about information revealed under hypnosis, he first asks about what?
(a) Reg's magic tricks.
(b) Susan's cello performances.
(c) Richard's computer program.
(d) Michael's former magazine.
5. Since Richard can't go to the police, Dirk decides to do what?
(a) Listen to the messages on Gordon's answering machine.
(b) Hypnotize Richard to learn the facts.
(c) Get more details from the Electronic Monk.
(d) Hide Richard in the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Gordon's death, how does Dirk manage to get into Richard's apartment?
2. Dirk insists on talking about Richard's sofa with him because he firmly believes that:
3. After seeking advice from Nicola, who is ill, about a cello piece with challenging fingering, Susan gets a call. She answers it and hears what?
4. After Dirk saves the whole human race from extinction, what does he crave?
5. With Michael now possessed by a ghost speaking through him, Dirk, Richard, and Reg learn what?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)