|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the engines of the alien spaceship were damaged upon landing, the now-ghost had sent the Electric Monk out to do what?
(a) Bring back rock specimens.
(b) Look for life on the planet.
(c) Check the engines.
(d) Send an interdimensional signal.
2. When Richard checks where he is so that he can tell Susan by phone, he sees a black tower next to a river of mud. When he asks where they are, what is Dirk's reply?
(b) "Outer space."
(c) "The past."
3. After Dirk saves the world, Richard asks:
(a) To go home.
(b) For a ride to the university.
(c) For a detailed explanation.
(d) To see a psychiatrist.
4. Why does Dirk get an unusual phone with big red push-buttons?
(a) So that a ghost can use it easily.
(b) To make his agency look more reputable.
(c) He had thrown his previous phone out the window.
(d) It was on sale.
5. When Dirk brings up the matter of Richard's sofa, Richard is appalled, since he feels they should be talking about what instead?
(a) Susan's new boyfriend.
(b) Time travel.
(d) Gordon's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, what does Dirk say to Reg about his secret?
2. The ancient alien ghost tells Richard that upon reading his article about music, he was what?
3. Reg's resistance to the poltergeist results in what?
4. After Reg talks to Richard and Dirk and explains the whole business about the horse, the ghost, the face powder, and quantum jumps, he mentions that:
5. In order to stop the alien ghost from preventing life from starting on Earth, Richard, Reg and Dirk travel forward to:
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Reg give for resisting the temptation to use his time machine?
2. When Richard and his friends board the alien's mothership that has been orbiting Earth undetected for billions of years, what fills him with awe?
3. Why is the answering machine tape Dirk finds in Richard's apartment important?
4. How is the alien ghost responsible for life on Earth?
5. How does Dirk manipulate the police when he gets to Richard's apartment?
6. Susan keeps getting phone calls where all she hears is a faint wind. What are these calls about?
7. Why has Michael brought scuba gear with him to Reg's time machine?
8. Why does Dirk purchase an easy to use phone with large red push-buttons for his detective agency?
9. How does the alien ghost communicate with Dirk, Richard, and Reg?
10. Why does Richard jump into a canal?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)