|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dirk saves the world, Richard asks:
(a) To go home.
(b) For a ride to the university.
(c) For a detailed explanation.
(d) To see a psychiatrist.
2. While Dirk, Reg, and Richard try to figure out what's behind all the strange recent events, who shows up at the gates of St. Cedd's carrying a large nylon bag?
3. Where does Reg go to get face powder to conceal his tan?
(a) The campus theater.
(b) The local pharmacy.
(c) A parallel universe.
(d) Another planet.
4. With Michael now possessed by a ghost speaking through him, Dirk, Richard, and Reg learn what?
(a) The ghost is hungry for a plate of sardines.
(b) Michael was easier to control than Reg or Richard were.
(c) The ghost has greatly enjoyed his experiences on Earth.
(d) Michael frequently dabbled in sorcery.
5. When Dirk questions Richard about information revealed under hypnosis, he first asks about what?
(a) Richard's computer program.
(b) Michael's former magazine.
(c) Susan's cello performances.
(d) Reg's magic tricks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the alien's ship that landed on Earth several billion years ago explode?
2. Why do Reg, Richard, and Dirk travel across time to a rain forest in Mauritius in 1676?
3. The ancient alien ghost that has possessed Michael Wenton-Weakes had been driven mad by what?
4. Reg's resistance to the poltergeist results in what?
5. After receiving the vital piece of information from Richard about a murder, Dirk realizes that the alien ghost was able to possess Michael because:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reg get the salt shaker into young Sarah's old Greek pot?
2. How does Reg behave when he takes Dirk and Richard with him back in time to a rain forest?
3. Why does Dirk purchase an easy to use phone with large red push-buttons for his detective agency?
4. At the end of the book, how does Richard finally do right by Susan?
5. Explain how Dirk and Richard feel about ghosts.
6. When Richard and his friends board the alien's mothership that has been orbiting Earth undetected for billions of years, what fills him with awe?
7. Summarize how the alien ghost ends up on Earth.
8. What does Michael reveal to drunken train travelers when he is possessed by an ancient alien ghost?
9. How do Chapters 18 - 20 hint at characters being possessed by ghosts?
10. Why does Richard jump into a canal?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)