|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, why does Dirk prompt Richard to ask about the conjuring trick?
(a) Dirk is too shy to ask about it himself.
(b) Dirk wants to learn how to do this trick.
(c) To get Richard to break the ice between them.
(d) To get Reg to confirm what Dirk already knows.
2. During Richard's phone conversation with Susan about Gordon's murder, he learns that the police:
(a) No longer suspect him.
(b) Are ruling it a suicide.
(c) Now suspect Dirk.
(d) Have a long list of suspects.
3. At the end of the book, Dirk sends one more bill to Mrs. Sauskind; what is this bill for?
(a) Saving planet from alien takeover, priceless.
(b) Rescuing cat for the last time, no charge.
(c) Rescuing the hundredth cat in his career, priceless.
(d) Saving human race from total extinction, no charge.
4. When Dirk listens to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment, he realizes that:
(a) Gordon may still be alive somewhere.
(b) He doesn't know what he's looking for.
(c) He might be named a suspect if he's not careful.
(d) Richard couldn't possibly be connected to Gordon's murder.
5. When Michael, possessed by the alien ghost, leaves the time machine and heads toward the tower, what is he wearing?
(a) Scuba gear.
(b) Space suit.
(c) Angel wings.
(d) Red tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his phone conversation with Susan, Richard rushes over to Dirk and Reg to reveal what vital piece of information?
2. After Dirk saves the world, Richard asks:
3. How long has Reg been at Cambridge?
4. Reg's explanation of his magic tricks reveals that he has been:
5. When Reg tells his story to Richard and Dirk, he says he's so old that:
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Electric Monk believes that Sergeant Gilks is a god?
2. What does Michael reveal to drunken train travelers when he is possessed by an ancient alien ghost?
3. Why has Michael brought scuba gear with him to Reg's time machine?
4. Explain how Dirk and Richard feel about ghosts.
5. At the end of the book, how does Richard finally do right by Susan?
6. How does Dirk use the time machine to stop Michael from following the ghost's orders on primordial Earth?
7. How does Reg get the salt shaker into young Sarah's old Greek pot?
8. How do Chapters 18 - 20 hint at characters being possessed by ghosts?
9. Susan keeps getting phone calls where all she hears is a faint wind. What are these calls about?
10. Why does Richard jump into a canal?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)