|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Reg discusses the matter of getting the salt shaker into the old Greek pot, Dirk explains that:
(a) They have no time to waste.
(b) Richard doesn't yet know the secret.
(c) The police are still questioning Susan.
(d) He once got a teacup stuck in a jar.
2. Why does Dirk get an unusual phone with big red push-buttons?
(a) He had thrown his previous phone out the window.
(b) So that a ghost can use it easily.
(c) It was on sale.
(d) To make his agency look more reputable.
3. When Dirk brings up the matter of Richard's sofa, Richard is appalled, since he feels they should be talking about what instead?
(a) Susan's new boyfriend.
(c) Gordon's death.
(d) Time travel.
4. At the end of the book, Richard has a phone conversation with Reg during which he learns that:
(a) Gordon managed to leave Reg a message before vanishing.
(b) Reg is no longer in love with Susan.
(c) Reg took the Electric Monk and his horse back to their home.
(d) Dirk took the time machine into the future.
5. Dirk hears Gordon's ghost on the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment. What does the ghost want?
(a) To have someone search his car.
(b) To leave a message on Richard's answering machine.
(c) To have someone search his cottage.
(d) To leave a message for Reg's associate.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ancient alien ghost that has possessed Michael Wenton-Weakes had been driven mad by what?
2. What does the ghost say about possessing Michael?
3. Who sits next to three drunk men on a train that is full of party revelers from a wedding?
4. In talking to Reg, Dirk figures out that when Richard seemed hypnotized, he really was:
5. Who was trying to use Dirk's agency telephone to make a call to Susan?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)