|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Gordon's death, how does Dirk manage to get into Richard's apartment?
(a) Hypnotizing the security guard.
(b) Fast-talking his way past the police.
(c) Shipping himself in a package.
(d) Using his invisibility shield.
2. Dirk hears Gordon's ghost on the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment. What does the ghost want?
(a) To leave a message on Richard's answering machine.
(b) To leave a message for Reg's associate.
(c) To have someone search his car.
(d) To have someone search his cottage.
3. After his phone conversation with Susan, Richard rushes over to Dirk and Reg to reveal what vital piece of information?
(a) Michael murdered Ross.
(b) Ross murdered Gordon.
(c) Michael murdered Gordon.
(d) Gordon murdered Jonathan.
4. At Richard's place, Detective Inspector Mason is accompanied by Sergeant Gilks, who is:
(a) Michael's half brother.
(b) The person who got Dirk kicked out of college.
(c) The officer who found Richard on the road.
(d) Gordon's former college roommate.
5. With Michael now possessed by a ghost speaking through him, Dirk, Richard, and Reg learn what?
(a) Michael was easier to control than Reg or Richard were.
(b) The ghost is hungry for a plate of sardines.
(c) Michael frequently dabbled in sorcery.
(d) The ghost has greatly enjoyed his experiences on Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Dirk saves the world, Richard asks:
2. Dirk tells Richard that under hypnosis, he was able to remember details he's not even aware of consciously, including a full description of what?
3. According to the alien ghost's explanation, what has been orbiting Earth undetected since the explosion that killed him and his friends?
4. Since Richard can't go to the police, Dirk decides to do what?
5. At the end of the story, Richard is able to make reservations for dinner with Susan at a very expensive, elite restaurant that's booked three weeks in advance by doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dirk manipulate the police when he gets to Richard's apartment?
2. At the end of the book, how does Richard finally do right by Susan?
3. What happens when the Electric Monk believes that Sergeant Gilks is a god?
4. Explain how Dirk and Richard feel about ghosts.
5. How does the alien ghost communicate with Dirk, Richard, and Reg?
6. When Michael Wenton-Weakes wakes up in a strange mood, what has he just dreamed about?
7. Explain why Dirk hypnotizes Richard.
8. What does Michael reveal to drunken train travelers when he is possessed by an ancient alien ghost?
9. How is the alien ghost responsible for life on Earth?
10. How does Reg behave when he takes Dirk and Richard with him back in time to a rain forest?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)