|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his phone conversation with Susan, Richard rushes over to Dirk and Reg to reveal what vital piece of information?
(a) Michael murdered Gordon.
(b) Michael murdered Ross.
(c) Ross murdered Gordon.
(d) Gordon murdered Jonathan.
2. What is Reg's main reason for traveling through time?
(a) To hide when necessary.
(b) To correct the past.
(c) To watch shows he has missed.
(d) To make his magic tricks possible.
3. When Detective Inspector Mason arrives at Richard's apartment, what does he order police officers to do?
(a) Move the sofa.
(b) Check the microwave.
(c) Confiscate the computers.
(d) Look under the beds.
4. After receiving the vital piece of information from Richard about a murder, Dirk realizes that the alien ghost was able to possess Michael because:
(a) Both had the intent to kill.
(b) Both missed Michael's magazine.
(c) Knew Ross well.
(d) Knew Gordon well.
5. In talking to Reg, Dirk figures out that when Richard seemed hypnotized, he really was:
(c) Pretending to be hypnotized.
(d) Possessed by a ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dirk tells Richard that under hypnosis, he was able to remember details he's not even aware of consciously, including a full description of what?
2. When the time machine leaves the rain forest and heads back to Cambridge, a knock on the door reveals Michael standing there with what?
3. At the end of the story, Richard is able to make reservations for dinner with Susan at a very expensive, elite restaurant that's booked three weeks in advance by doing what?
4. After waking up from unusual dreams, pondering the events of the night before, and realizing he has no lunch date planned, what does Michael Wenton-Weakes do?
5. Dirk hears Gordon's ghost on the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment. What does the ghost want?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dirk use the time machine to stop Michael from following the ghost's orders on primordial Earth?
2. How does Dirk manipulate the police when he gets to Richard's apartment?
3. What happens when the Electric Monk believes that Sergeant Gilks is a god?
4. Why does Dirk purchase an easy to use phone with large red push-buttons for his detective agency?
5. What does Michael reveal to drunken train travelers when he is possessed by an ancient alien ghost?
6. Why has Michael brought scuba gear with him to Reg's time machine?
7. When Michael Wenton-Weakes wakes up in a strange mood, what has he just dreamed about?
8. How is the alien ghost responsible for life on Earth?
9. How do Chapters 18 - 20 hint at characters being possessed by ghosts?
10. Susan keeps getting phone calls where all she hears is a faint wind. What are these calls about?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)