|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ancient alien ghost explains that he and his party landed on Earth for what?
(a) To look for food.
(b) To hide from their planet's police.
(c) To start a new colony.
(d) To replenish mineral supplies.
2. At Richard's place, Detective Inspector Mason is accompanied by Sergeant Gilks, who is:
(a) Gordon's former college roommate.
(b) The person who got Dirk kicked out of college.
(c) The officer who found Richard on the road.
(d) Michael's half brother.
3. While Dirk, Reg, and Richard try to figure out what's behind all the strange recent events, who shows up at the gates of St. Cedd's carrying a large nylon bag?
4. The world that the ancient alien came from is what?
(a) Beautiful and blue.
(b) Peaceful and calm.
(c) Small and independent.
(d) Violent and troubled.
5. Who sits next to three drunk men on a train that is full of party revelers from a wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ghost say about possessing Michael?
2. What haunted the ancient alien ghost as he haunted Earth?
3. When Dirk listens to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment, he realizes that:
4. When Dirk brings up the matter of Richard's sofa, Richard is appalled, since he feels they should be talking about what instead?
5. After Reg talks to Richard and Dirk and explains the whole business about the horse, the ghost, the face powder, and quantum jumps, he mentions that:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the alien ghost communicate with Dirk, Richard, and Reg?
2. How does Dirk use the time machine to stop Michael from following the ghost's orders on primordial Earth?
3. Susan keeps getting phone calls where all she hears is a faint wind. What are these calls about?
4. What does Michael reveal to drunken train travelers when he is possessed by an ancient alien ghost?
5. Explain how the book's opening scene is repeated near the end of the book, but with a twist.
6. Explain how Dirk and Richard feel about ghosts.
7. At the end of the book, how does Richard finally do right by Susan?
8. Explain why Dirk hypnotizes Richard.
9. Summarize how the alien ghost ends up on Earth.
10. How does Reg behave when he takes Dirk and Richard with him back in time to a rain forest?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)