|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Reg talks to Richard and Dirk and explains the whole business about the horse, the ghost, the face powder, and quantum jumps, he mentions that:
(a) The ghost has left.
(b) Quantum jumps add years to one's life.
(c) The powder gave him a rash.
(d) The horse didn't want to leave.
2. What does Sergeant Gilks determine after listening to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment?
(a) Dirk's connection to Gordon.
(b) Richard's reason for wanting Gordon dead.
(c) Gordon's time of death.
(d) The reason for Reg's reluctance to talk about Gordon.
3. When Dirk questions Richard about information revealed under hypnosis, he first asks about what?
(a) Michael's former magazine.
(b) Reg's magic tricks.
(c) Richard's computer program.
(d) Susan's cello performances.
4. Who was trying to use Dirk's agency telephone to make a call to Susan?
(a) The alient ghost.
(b) Gordon's ghost.
5. After Reg discusses the matter of getting the salt shaker into the old Greek pot, Dirk explains that:
(a) Richard doesn't yet know the secret.
(b) They have no time to waste.
(c) He once got a teacup stuck in a jar.
(d) The police are still questioning Susan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael Wenton-Weakes wakes up in a strange mood, he realizes that he had just dreamed about what?
2. While Richard tries to explain to Susan who his friend Dirk Gently is, who arrives?
3. The ancient alien ghost that has possessed Michael Wenton-Weakes had been driven mad by what?
4. After his phone conversation with Susan, Richard rushes over to Dirk and Reg to reveal what vital piece of information?
5. After waking up from unusual dreams, pondering the events of the night before, and realizing he has no lunch date planned, what does Michael Wenton-Weakes do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Michael Wenton-Weakes wakes up in a strange mood, what has he just dreamed about?
2. How does Dirk manipulate the police when he gets to Richard's apartment?
3. How do Chapters 18 - 20 hint at characters being possessed by ghosts?
4. What does Michael reveal to drunken train travelers when he is possessed by an ancient alien ghost?
5. Explain why Dirk hypnotizes Richard.
6. Explain how Dirk and Richard feel about ghosts.
7. How does Dirk use the time machine to stop Michael from following the ghost's orders on primordial Earth?
8. How is the alien ghost responsible for life on Earth?
9. Summarize how the alien ghost ends up on Earth.
10. At the end of the book, how does Richard finally do right by Susan?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)