|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard presses Reg to explain how he got the salt shaker into the old Greek pot, and Reg replies that:
(a) He got the man who made the pot to put it in.
(b) He hasn't the slightest idea how he did it.
(c) It would take months to explain it.
(d) He mentally rearranged the atoms.
2. When Richard goes to Susan's place to comfort her after her brother's death, he finds her doing what?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Playing the cello.
(c) Looking at photo albums.
(d) Staring out the window.
3. What is Reg's main reason for traveling through time?
(a) To make his magic tricks possible.
(b) To hide when necessary.
(c) To correct the past.
(d) To watch shows he has missed.
4. When Michael Wenton-Weakes digs into his wastebasket, he pulls out a copy of the magazine Fathom and finds what?
(a) Ad for Dirk's agency.
(b) Article about Susan.
(c) Article written by Richard.
(d) Ad for Electronic Monks.
5. The ancient alien ghost explains that he came from where?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the alien ghost's explanation, what has been orbiting Earth undetected since the explosion that killed him and his friends?
2. After Dirk saves the whole human race from extinction, what does he crave?
3. After Reg talks to Richard and Dirk and explains the whole business about the horse, the ghost, the face powder, and quantum jumps, he mentions that:
4. The ancient alien ghost tells Richard that upon reading his article about music, he was what?
5. Reg explains to Richard, Dirk, and the alien ghost that the dodo would not have become extinct had he not done what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Reg give for resisting the temptation to use his time machine?
2. How does Dirk use the time machine to stop Michael from following the ghost's orders on primordial Earth?
3. How does Reg get the salt shaker into young Sarah's old Greek pot?
4. Why has Michael brought scuba gear with him to Reg's time machine?
5. Explain how the book's opening scene is repeated near the end of the book, but with a twist.
6. What does Michael reveal to drunken train travelers when he is possessed by an ancient alien ghost?
7. How is the alien ghost responsible for life on Earth?
8. How does Dirk manipulate the police when he gets to Richard's apartment?
9. Why is the answering machine tape Dirk finds in Richard's apartment important?
10. When Richard and his friends board the alien's mothership that has been orbiting Earth undetected for billions of years, what fills him with awe?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)