|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the story, Richard is able to make reservations for dinner with Susan at a very expensive, elite restaurant that's booked three weeks in advance by doing what?
(a) Getting the ghost to scare the regulars out.
(b) Claiming he took part in saving the world.
(c) Going back in time.
(d) Having Dirk tip the host.
2. After his phone conversation with Susan, Richard rushes over to Dirk and Reg to reveal what vital piece of information?
(a) Ross murdered Gordon.
(b) Michael murdered Ross.
(c) Michael murdered Gordon.
(d) Gordon murdered Jonathan.
3. When Richard goes to Susan's place to comfort her after her brother's death, he finds her doing what?
(a) Looking at photo albums.
(b) Staring out the window.
(c) Talking on the phone.
(d) Playing the cello.
4. Reg's resistance to the poltergeist results in what?
(a) A broken, unusable time machine.
(b) The college board wanting to fire him.
(c) Supernatural activity.
(d) A twisted knot in the time-space continuum.
5. What does the ghost say about possessing Michael?
(a) No harm will come to him.
(b) Michael is a twit who deserves to be haunted.
(c) No one will miss him.
(d) Michael will never be the same again.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Richard tries to explain to Susan who his friend Dirk Gently is, who arrives?
2. With Michael now possessed by a ghost speaking through him, Dirk, Richard, and Reg learn what?
3. Dirk insists on talking about Richard's sofa with him because he firmly believes that:
4. Why did the alien's ship that landed on Earth several billion years ago explode?
5. Reg replies "You're standing in it" in response to Dirk's question of where is the what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dirk purchase an easy to use phone with large red push-buttons for his detective agency?
2. Explain how Dirk and Richard feel about ghosts.
3. When Richard and his friends board the alien's mothership that has been orbiting Earth undetected for billions of years, what fills him with awe?
4. What does Michael reveal to drunken train travelers when he is possessed by an ancient alien ghost?
5. When Michael Wenton-Weakes wakes up in a strange mood, what has he just dreamed about?
6. How does Dirk manipulate the police when he gets to Richard's apartment?
7. How does Reg get the salt shaker into young Sarah's old Greek pot?
8. How does Reg behave when he takes Dirk and Richard with him back in time to a rain forest?
9. Why does Richard jump into a canal?
10. What happens when the Electric Monk believes that Sergeant Gilks is a god?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)