|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Reg go to get face powder to conceal his tan?
(a) A parallel universe.
(b) The campus theater.
(c) The local pharmacy.
(d) Another planet.
2. The ancient alien ghost explains that he came from where?
3. Reg replies "You're standing in it" in response to Dirk's question of where is the what?
(a) Potions lab.
(b) Haunted room.
(c) Time machine.
(d) Alien spaceship.
4. In Chapter 28, Reg explains that for several months he hadn't been using the time machine because:
(a) He needed to fix a broken circuit.
(b) He was afraid to go back and face his nemesis.
(c) He didn't want to arouse suspicion.
(d) He felt something had been trying to force him to use it.
5. When Richard and Dirk go to Reg's home, Richard learns that:
(a) Susan has paid Reg a visit.
(b) Reg has completely lost his mind.
(c) The Electric Monk has paid Reg a visit.
(d) Dirk already knows Reg.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ancient alien ghost tells Richard that upon reading his article about music, he was what?
2. Why does Richard call Susan after Dirk gives him the details of Gordon's death a second time?
3. After seeking advice from Nicola, who is ill, about a cello piece with challenging fingering, Susan gets a call. She answers it and hears what?
4. In order to stop the alien ghost from preventing life from starting on Earth, Richard, Reg and Dirk travel forward to:
5. At the end of the book, Dirk sends one more bill to Mrs. Sauskind; what is this bill for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Dirk and Reg seem so familiar with each other?
2. How does Dirk manipulate the police when he gets to Richard's apartment?
3. When Michael Wenton-Weakes wakes up in a strange mood, what has he just dreamed about?
4. Explain how the book's opening scene is repeated near the end of the book, but with a twist.
5. Explain how Dirk and Richard feel about ghosts.
6. How does Dirk use the time machine to stop Michael from following the ghost's orders on primordial Earth?
7. How does Reg get the salt shaker into young Sarah's old Greek pot?
8. How does the alien ghost communicate with Dirk, Richard, and Reg?
9. At the end of the book, how does Richard finally do right by Susan?
10. When Richard and his friends board the alien's mothership that has been orbiting Earth undetected for billions of years, what fills him with awe?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)