|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Dirk, Reg, and Richard try to figure out what's behind all the strange recent events, who shows up at the gates of St. Cedd's carrying a large nylon bag?
2. When the time machine leaves the rain forest and heads back to Cambridge, a knock on the door reveals Michael standing there with what?
(a) A tray of sushi.
(b) A wheelbarrow.
(c) Large bowling pins.
(d) Scuba equipment.
3. When Dirk questions Richard about information revealed under hypnosis, he first asks about what?
(a) Reg's magic tricks.
(b) Susan's cello performances.
(c) Richard's computer program.
(d) Michael's former magazine.
4. According to the alien ghost's explanation, what has been orbiting Earth undetected since the explosion that killed him and his friends?
(a) A giant beach ball.
(b) The Electric Monk's ship.
(c) The mothership.
(d) A feeble ghost of his exploded ship.
5. After Dirk saves the world, Richard asks:
(a) To see a psychiatrist.
(b) To go home.
(c) For a ride to the university.
(d) For a detailed explanation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reg replies "You're standing in it" in response to Dirk's question of where is the what?
2. The world that the ancient alien came from is what?
3. In Chapter 28, Reg explains that for several months he hadn't been using the time machine because:
4. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, what does Dirk say to Reg about his secret?
5. Dirk tells Richard that under hypnosis, he was able to remember details he's not even aware of consciously, including a full description of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Electric Monk believes that Sergeant Gilks is a god?
2. When Michael Wenton-Weakes wakes up in a strange mood, what has he just dreamed about?
3. Why does Richard jump into a canal?
4. How does Dirk use the time machine to stop Michael from following the ghost's orders on primordial Earth?
5. At the end of the book, how does Richard finally do right by Susan?
6. Explain why Dirk hypnotizes Richard.
7. Explain how Dirk and Richard feel about ghosts.
8. When Richard and his friends board the alien's mothership that has been orbiting Earth undetected for billions of years, what fills him with awe?
9. What reason does Reg give for resisting the temptation to use his time machine?
10. Why has Michael brought scuba gear with him to Reg's time machine?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)