|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Gordon dies and steps out of his body, what does he find surprising?
(a) He can fly.
(b) People can see him.
(c) His car is intact.
(d) He's still conscious.
2. In Chapter 13, who breaks into someone's apartment?
3. What is the relationship between Richard MacDuff and private investigator Dirk Gently?
(a) Richard is Dirk's robot assistant.
(b) Richard is Dirk's long-lost twin brother.
(c) Richard is Dirk's old college friend.
(d) Richard is Dirk's hundred-year-old mentor.
4. What happens after the Electric Monk and his horse walk through a small wooden door in the valley?
(a) The horse turns into a dog.
(b) The world turns blue.
(c) A figure who was hiding appears and heads to the door.
(d) An angel who had been watching, flies away.
5. In Dirk's office, he and Richard talk about Schrodinger's Cat, which is what?
(a) A cat cloned three hundred fifty-two times.
(b) A French restaurant Gordon frequents.
(c) A collage made of discarded computer parts.
(d) An illustration of probabilities at the quantum level.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Richard MacDuff say has been stuck in his hallway for three weeks?
2. How does Dirk Cjelli make a name for himself while he's in college?
3. Urban Chronotis is Regius Professor of what?
4. As the Electric Monk continues to stare at the presumed pinkness of the valley below him, what comes to his mind?
5. Who is Michael Wenton-Weakes' father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author utilize foreshadowing with the character Gordon Way?
2. When Michael Wenton-Weakes wakes up in a strange mood, what has he just dreamed about?
3. By the end of the first chapter, what appears to have happened to the tower?
4. Why and how does Reg entertain Sarah, a bored little girl attending the Coleridge dinner?
5. How does Richard discover that his boss, Gordon, has been murdered?
6. What happens when the Electric Monk believes that Sergeant Gilks is a god?
7. What did Richard do before working for WayForward Technologies?
8. Explain why Dirk hypnotizes Richard.
9. How does Reg behave when he takes Dirk and Richard with him back in time to a rain forest?
10. What does Richard see the first time that he goes to Dirk's agency?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)