|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard leaves Reg's place after seeing a horse in the bathroom, he notices that:
(a) There are no scratch marks from the horse's hooves by the front door.
(b) There is a second identical horse standing by the front door.
(c) There are no cars parked in front of the house.
(d) There is a pile of hay on the front porch.
2. When a client calls Dirk to complain about charges, Dirk writes a note to Richard asking him to go get what?
(a) His secretary.
(b) His briefcase.
3. Reg explains to Richard that his position was created by King George the Third to answer what?
(a) Which came first, chickens or ostriches.
(b) Where to go for emergencies.
(c) Why things happen in sequence.
(d) How much tea one person can drink.
4. In Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff attends a dinner held in honor of whom?
(a) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(b) The Electric Monk.
(c) King George the Third.
(d) Dirk Cjelli.
5. What does the roaming alien ghost who is driven mad with guilt and loneliness want?
(a) To go back in time to correct a mistake he made.
(b) A meeting with the president of the universe.
(c) To jump into another dimension where his friends are.
(d) A date with the female of his dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard calls L'Esprit d'Escalier, what does he find out?
2. What does Richard do after taking the tape out of Susan Way's answering machine?
3. As a ghostly Gordon makes his way to his cabin, he wonders what will happen to his what?
4. As the Electric Monk continues to stare at the presumed pinkness of the valley below him, what comes to his mind?
5. As a light rain falls on primordial Earth, what is stuck as a river of mud flows past it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the range of emotions Susan experiences in Chapter 3.
2. Dirk Gently doesn't appear in earnest until about a third of the way into the story. Is he the main character, or is someone else the main character of the story?
3. What does Susan decide to do in Chapter 3 after her boyfriend fails to show up?
4. Explain why Gordon is upset after he dies.
5. Why does Dirk Gently get kicked out of college?
6. What belief system does the Electric Monk subscribe to after he starts doubting that the valley before him is pink?
7. How does Gordon Way, founder of WayForward Technologies, flesh out his numerous business ideas?
8. What happens when Gordon Way gets out of his car to check his trunk?
9. What does Gordon Way do on the last day of his life?
10. Explain why fellow students liked to wine and dine Dirk Gently.
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)