|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a dead Gordon decides to try to get to his cabin, what does he notice about his body?
(a) It doesn't look like him.
(b) It's twitching.
(c) It has moved twenty feet.
(d) It's missing.
2. At the start of Chapter 3, what is Susan Way waiting for?
(a) Phone call or doorbell.
(b) Sign from above.
(c) Pay raise or promotion.
(d) Pizza delivery.
3. What kind of car does Gordon Way drive?
4. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
(a) The shortest of the year.
(b) The last of his life.
(c) Filled with unusual weather.
(d) Filled with angry phone calls.
5. With whom does Richard MacDuff walk to a dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) His friend's ex-girlfriend.
(b) His former employer.
(c) His half-brother.
(d) His former college tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, who breaks into someone's apartment?
2. When Richard leaves Reg's place after seeing a horse in the bathroom, he notices that:
3. In Chapter 3, why is Susan Way angry with her boyfriend?
4. When Richard returns from doing an errand, he finds Dirk on the phone defending a trip to Bermuda, claiming that while he was there he successfully did what?
5. What happens as the Electric Monk wonders what to do about Gordon, about his own missing horse, and about his belief systems?
Short Essay Questions
1. Within the context of breaking into Susan's apartment, explain why Richard appears to be someone who makes poor choices.
2. As a ghostly Gordon makes his way to his cottage, what does he ponder?
3. What did Richard do before working for WayForward Technologies?
4. How does Richard discover that his boss, Gordon, has been murdered?
5. As Chapter 4 opens, two men are walking towards a dinner on campus honoring Samuel T. Coleridge. Who are these two men?
6. Dirk Gently doesn't appear in earnest until about a third of the way into the story. Is he the main character, or is someone else the main character of the story?
7. When Susan enters her apartment and finds Richard there, what does she do?
8. Why does Richard dislike Michael Wenton-Weakes?
9. Why does Dirk Gently get kicked out of college?
10. What does Susan decide to do in Chapter 3 after her boyfriend fails to show up?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)