|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard goes out to meet Dirk at their designated meeting spot after talking with Susan, he discovers that:
(a) The library burned down.
(b) The pizza place is closed.
(c) The hospital staff is talking about Gordon's death.
(d) The coffee shop doesn't exist.
2. The Electric Monk is:
(a) A human that looks like an alien.
(b) A human that looks like a machine.
(c) An alien that looks like a machine.
(d) A machine that looks human.
3. One of Dirk's roommates notices that he's reciting what while he sleeps?
(a) Ingredients of secret recipes.
(b) Phone numbers of everyone on campus.
(c) Questions on upcoming midterms.
(d) Songs written thousands of years ago.
4. What happens after the Electric Monk and his horse walk through a small wooden door in the valley?
(a) A figure who was hiding appears and heads to the door.
(b) The horse turns into a dog.
(c) An angel who had been watching, flies away.
(d) The world turns blue.
5. Reg explains to Richard that his position was created by King George the Third to answer what?
(a) How much tea one person can drink.
(b) Which came first, chickens or ostriches.
(c) Why things happen in sequence.
(d) Where to go for emergencies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Reg prepares tea for Richard, he ends up spilling it all over the floor. What causes him to do this?
2. Dirk is arrested and thrown out of college for:
3. When Richard sees what appears to be someone lugging a body into a field, he dismisses this as merely what?
4. Reg's memory is starting to fade, but he's still good at what?
5. When Richard returns from doing an errand, he finds Dirk on the phone defending a trip to Bermuda, claiming that while he was there he successfully did what?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a ghostly Gordon makes his way to his cottage, what does he ponder?
2. Explain what happens after Gordon's ghost arrives at his cottage.
3. How does the author utilize foreshadowing with the character Gordon Way?
4. Describe similarities and differences between WayForward Technologies I and II.
5. In Chapter 2, why is the Electric Monk completely still as he sits atop his horse?
6. How does Reg get the salt shaker into young Sarah's old Greek pot?
7. Explain how Dirk toys with Richard after spotting him breaking into an apartment.
8. Why does Richard jump into a canal?
9. Why does the little girl, Sarah, pass around a pot at the Coleridge dinner?
10. Why and how does Reg entertain Sarah, a bored little girl attending the Coleridge dinner?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)