|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a ghostly Gordon makes his way to his cabin, he wonders what will happen to his what?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Richard MacDuff say has been stuck in his hallway for three weeks?
(c) Washing machine.
(d) Queen bed.
3. When Gordon Way leaves a message on Susan's answering machine, what does he request of her?
(a) To get Michael to meet with him the following day.
(b) To get Dirk on a case immediately.
(c) To get Richard working in earnest on Anthem.
(d) To get Reg to stop doing his conspicuous tricks.
4. At the opening of Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff is walking across the campus of St. Cedd's with whom?
(a) Cellist Susan Way.
(b) Professor Urban Chronotis.
(c) Detective Svlad Cjelli.
(d) CEO Gordon Way.
5. In Chapter 13, who breaks into someone's apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Richard MacDuff walk to a dinner in Chapter 4?
2. How does Gordon Way die at the end of Chapter 7?
3. Why does the founder of WayForward Technologies like to call people and leave long, rambling messages on their answering machines?
4. At the dinner in Chapter 4, why does Sarah pass around a pot she found in Greece?
5. At the start of Chapter 3, what is Susan Way waiting for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard see the first time that he goes to Dirk's agency?
2. How does Richard discover that his boss, Gordon, has been murdered?
3. What types of phone conversations does Dirk have at his detective agency?
4. As Chapter 4 opens, two men are walking towards a dinner on campus honoring Samuel T. Coleridge. Who are these two men?
5. What did Richard do before working for WayForward Technologies?
6. What does Susan decide to do in Chapter 3 after her boyfriend fails to show up?
7. What happens when Gordon Way gets out of his car to check his trunk?
8. How does Richard explain to himself the vision he gets of Gordon Way standing in the middle of the road?
9. After forgetting to take Susan to the Coleridge dinner, how does Richard make things worse with her?
10. When Richard leaves Reg's place after seeing a horse in the bathroom, what surprises him about the front door landing?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)