|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he searches for a door in the valley, the Electric Monk is temporarily distracted by a what?
(a) Flying saucer.
(b) Blue horse.
(c) Giant scorpion.
(d) Rock painting.
2. How does Dirk Cjelli make a name for himself while he's in college?
(a) Through his ability to sleep thirty hours straight.
(b) By denying stories about his psychic abilities.
(c) Through his ability to read tea leaves.
(d) By inventing the precursor to the Electric Monk.
3. At the start of Chapter 13, someone scans the sky with his binoculars and spots something that appears to be what?
(a) Shooting star.
(b) Amateur burglar attempt.
(c) Alien spaceship.
(d) Secret parachute landing.
4. The Electric Monk has taken Gordon's body back to his cottage as a sacred duty, but he doesn't understand why Gordon didn't get back up the way:
(a) Electric Monks always get back up.
(b) His horse gets up after being shot.
(c) People get up after sleeping.
(d) People do on TV in his world.
5. When Richard wakes up at the start of Chapter 16, he decides to make it up to Susan by doing what?
(a) Taking her to an expensive restaurant.
(b) Taking her on an expensive cruise.
(c) Buying her an expensive computer.
(d) Buying her expensive jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Gordon dies and steps out of his body, what does he find surprising?
2. Who is Michael Wenton-Weakes' father?
3. As Gordon heads towards his cabin, he's disappointed that as a ghost, he can't do what?
4. How is Gordon Way related to Susan, the cellist?
5. In Chapter 12, as a lost Richard drives down the road trying to read his maps, he's also trying to place a phone call with whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Dirk toys with Richard after spotting him breaking into an apartment.
2. What does Susan decide to do in Chapter 3 after her boyfriend fails to show up?
3. How does Gordon Way, founder of WayForward Technologies, flesh out his numerous business ideas?
4. By the end of the first chapter, what appears to have happened to the tower?
5. Describe the range of emotions Susan experiences in Chapter 3.
6. What does Richard see the first time that he goes to Dirk's agency?
7. Why is the Electric Monk confused after killing Gordon?
8. What did Richard do before working for WayForward Technologies?
9. Explain what happens after Gordon's ghost arrives at his cottage.
10. Why does Richard dislike Michael Wenton-Weakes?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)