|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Gordon Way drive?
2. As Gordon heads towards his cabin, he's disappointed that as a ghost, he can't do what?
(a) Leave this town.
(b) Wail or moan.
(c) Float or drift.
(d) Pass through walls.
3. Why does the founder of WayForward Technologies like to call people and leave long, rambling messages on their answering machines?
(a) To think ideas through.
(b) To keep from feeling lonely.
(c) To keep employees on their toes.
(d) To get them to answer their phones.
4. After Richard sees the horse in Reg's bathroom, he leaves and knocks on a neighbor's door. Who answers?
(a) His ex-girlfriend.
(b) The professor nobody has spoken to in years.
(c) His ex-boss.
(d) The little girl who kicked the table at the Coleridge dinner.
5. When the Electric Monk sits perfectly still atop his horse in a valley on a foreign world, how does everything looks to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard goes out to meet Dirk at their designated meeting spot after talking with Susan, he discovers that:
2. When Gordon Way leaves a message on Susan's answering machine, what does he request of her?
3. How does Gordon Way die at the end of Chapter 7?
4. Urban Chronotis is Regius Professor of what?
5. In Chapter 12, after Richard swerves wildly, slams on the brakes, and skids to a stop, he finds himself on the road:
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Gordon is upset after he dies.
2. How does Richard explain to himself the vision he gets of Gordon Way standing in the middle of the road?
3. Describe the range of emotions Susan experiences in Chapter 3.
4. Explain how Dirk toys with Richard after spotting him breaking into an apartment.
5. Describe the mysterious tower the author writes about as the book opens.
6. Explain why fellow students liked to wine and dine Dirk Gently.
7. When Richard asks one of Reg's neighbors about the horse, what response does he get?
8. By the end of the first chapter, what appears to have happened to the tower?
9. As a ghostly Gordon makes his way to his cottage, what does he ponder?
10. Why can't Richard bring Susan to the French restaurant, L'Esprit d'Escalier?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)