|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Michael Wenton-Weakes blame for stealing his magazine?
2. In this novel, what starts life on primordial Earth?
(a) An alien's accident.
(b) A bacterium traveling back in time.
(c) A stray soda can.
(d) A sneezing astronaut.
3. How does Dirk Cjelli make a name for himself while he's in college?
(a) By inventing the precursor to the Electric Monk.
(b) Through his ability to sleep thirty hours straight.
(c) By denying stories about his psychic abilities.
(d) Through his ability to read tea leaves.
4. What does Kate Anselm, a programmer, tell Richard when she calls him as he's hunting for Dirk Gently's phone number?
(a) She can't reach Susan.
(b) She can't reach Gordon.
(c) She can't finish her dinner.
(d) She can't finish her work.
5. In college, why do fellow students start to wine and dine Dirk?
(a) To keep him from doing well in his classes.
(b) To learn more about future exams.
(c) They need his help in solving crime cases.
(d) They enjoy his company.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 3, what is Susan Way waiting for?
2. Why does Richard start to fall asleep at the dinner in Chapter 6?
3. At the dinner in Chapter 4, why does Sarah pass around a pot she found in Greece?
4. After Dirk finally stops talking on the phone and welcomes Richard to his agency, he indicates that the light from the window works, gravity works, but with everything else, they simply have to:
5. When Richard sees what appears to be someone lugging a body into a field, he dismisses this as merely what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gordon Way, founder of WayForward Technologies, flesh out his numerous business ideas?
2. Why does the little girl, Sarah, pass around a pot at the Coleridge dinner?
3. After forgetting to take Susan to the Coleridge dinner, how does Richard make things worse with her?
4. What does Richard see the first time that he goes to Dirk's agency?
5. As a ghostly Gordon makes his way to his cottage, what does he ponder?
6. What did Richard do before working for WayForward Technologies?
7. How does Richard locate Dirk Gently's detective agency?
8. When Richard leaves Reg's place after seeing a horse in the bathroom, what surprises him about the front door landing?
9. Explain what happens after Gordon's ghost arrives at his cottage.
10. What belief system does the Electric Monk subscribe to after he starts doubting that the valley before him is pink?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)