|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a dead Gordon decides to try to get to his cabin, what does he notice about his body?
(a) It's twitching.
(b) It doesn't look like him.
(c) It's missing.
(d) It has moved twenty feet.
2. After Richard has tampered with Susan's answering machine, she walks in with whom?
3. What kind of car does Gordon Way drive?
4. Richard writes Anthem, a financial spreadsheet that translates business financial numbers, into what?
(a) Health predictions.
(b) Plain English.
5. Reg explains to Richard that his position was created by King George the Third to answer what?
(a) How much tea one person can drink.
(b) Which came first, chickens or ostriches.
(c) Where to go for emergencies.
(d) Why things happen in sequence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Urban Chronotis is Regius Professor of what?
2. Reg's memory is starting to fade, but he's still good at what?
3. As the Electric Monk sits atop his horse in a valley on a foreign world, he incorrectly believes that the valley is what?
4. After Dirk finally stops talking on the phone and welcomes Richard to his agency, he indicates that the light from the window works, gravity works, but with everything else, they simply have to:
5. What is the relationship between Richard MacDuff and private investigator Dirk Gently?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author utilize foreshadowing with the character Gordon Way?
2. Why can't Richard bring Susan to the French restaurant, L'Esprit d'Escalier?
3. Why does the little girl, Sarah, pass around a pot at the Coleridge dinner?
4. What does Susan decide to do in Chapter 3 after her boyfriend fails to show up?
5. Why does Dirk Gently get kicked out of college?
6. Explain how Dirk toys with Richard after spotting him breaking into an apartment.
7. After forgetting to take Susan to the Coleridge dinner, how does Richard make things worse with her?
8. How does Richard locate Dirk Gently's detective agency?
9. What happens when Gordon Way gets out of his car to check his trunk?
10. When Richard asks one of Reg's neighbors about the horse, what response does he get?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)