|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Gordon dies and steps out of his body, what does he find surprising?
(a) People can see him.
(b) His car is intact.
(c) He's still conscious.
(d) He can fly.
2. When Richard wakes up at the start of Chapter 16, he decides to make it up to Susan by doing what?
(a) Buying her an expensive computer.
(b) Taking her on an expensive cruise.
(c) Taking her to an expensive restaurant.
(d) Buying her expensive jewelry.
3. What happens to the glowing object that is stuck on primordial Earth?
(b) Time travels.
4. When the little girl at the dinner party in Chapter 4 grows restless and kicks the table, what does her father do?
(a) Pretends not to notice.
(b) Orders ice cream for her.
(c) Scolds her.
(d) Laughs loudly.
5. As the Electric Monk sits atop his horse in a valley on a foreign world, he incorrectly believes that the valley is what?
(a) A deep river.
(c) A giant worm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though he's a ghost, Gordon grows tired of walking down a deserted road and wonders if he might be able to do what?
2. The Electric Monk is:
3. In Chapter 7, when Gordon Way stops to fill his car with petrol, what else does he do?
4. After college and after several failed jobs, Richard MacDuff has achieved great success in what field?
5. In Chapter 3, Susan Way tells Michael to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Gordon Way gets out of his car to check his trunk?
2. When Richard asks one of Reg's neighbors about the horse, what response does he get?
3. Explain what happens after Gordon's ghost arrives at his cottage.
4. How does Richard discover that his boss, Gordon, has been murdered?
5. What is an Electric Monk?
6. What does Richard see the first time that he goes to Dirk's agency?
7. How does the author utilize foreshadowing with the character Gordon Way?
8. Describe the range of emotions Susan experiences in Chapter 3.
9. As a ghostly Gordon makes his way to his cottage, what does he ponder?
10. After forgetting to take Susan to the Coleridge dinner, how does Richard make things worse with her?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)