|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Electric Monk?
(a) A device that believes things for people.
(b) A thief posing as a religious monk.
(c) A robotic spiritual cook.
(d) An imaginary friend manifesting itself as electricity.
2. In Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff attends a dinner held in honor of whom?
(a) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(b) Dirk Cjelli.
(c) King George the Third.
(d) The Electric Monk.
3. What does Richard do right after Reg explains there's a horse in the upstairs bathroom?
(a) Calls his attorney.
(b) Tackles him.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Slaps him.
4. Who founded WayForward Technologies?
(a) Dirk Gently.
(b) Susan Way.
(c) Gordon Way.
(d) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
5. Even though he's a ghost, Gordon grows tired of walking down a deserted road and wonders if he might be able to do what?
(a) Hitch a ride.
(b) Drink chai tea.
(c) Sprout wings and fly.
(d) Teleport automatically.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richard MacDuff dislike Michael Wenton-Weakes?
2. At the end of Chapter 17, what happens as the horse relishes its newfound freedom?
3. When a dead Gordon realizes that the phone line is still open and connected to his sister's answering machine, what does he do?
4. After Richard apologizes to Susan and she vents some of her anger, she tells him she has to work that weekend and:
5. When the Coleridge dinner finally ends, where does Richard MacDuff go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the mysterious tower the author writes about as the book opens.
2. Why and how does Reg entertain Sarah, a bored little girl attending the Coleridge dinner?
3. What does Susan decide to do in Chapter 3 after her boyfriend fails to show up?
4. Explain how Dirk toys with Richard after spotting him breaking into an apartment.
5. How does Richard discover that his boss, Gordon, has been murdered?
6. As a ghostly Gordon makes his way to his cottage, what does he ponder?
7. What does Gordon Way do on the last day of his life?
8. In Chapter 2, why is the Electric Monk completely still as he sits atop his horse?
9. How does the author utilize foreshadowing with the character Gordon Way?
10. Explain what happens after Gordon's ghost arrives at his cottage.
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)