|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a ghostly Gordon makes his way to his cabin, he wonders what will happen to his what?
2. When Gordon Way leaves a message on Susan's answering machine, what does he request of her?
(a) To get Michael to meet with him the following day.
(b) To get Reg to stop doing his conspicuous tricks.
(c) To get Richard working in earnest on Anthem.
(d) To get Dirk on a case immediately.
3. What kind of car does Gordon Way drive?
4. Richard accuses Dirk of doing what?
(a) Running a scam and stealing old ladies' money.
(b) Changing his name to avoid paying taxes.
(c) Killing Gordon and stealing the body.
(d) Incorrectly reprogramming Electric Monks.
5. At first, Dirk Gently wants to help the roaming alien ghost using what?
(c) Time machine.
(d) Fortune teller.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Richard sees the horse in Reg's bathroom, he leaves and knocks on a neighbor's door. Who answers?
2. After Michael Wenton-Weakes' father dies, who takes over the family publishing business?
3. As the Electric Monk sits atop his horse in a valley on a foreign world, he incorrectly believes that the valley is what?
4. Gordon's ghost wakes up from his fainting spell by the sound of what?
5. After Gordon's ghost arrives at his seven-bedroom cottage, he faints upon discovering what in the kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. By the end of the first chapter, what appears to have happened to the tower?
2. When Richard asks one of Reg's neighbors about the horse, what response does he get?
3. Why is the Electric Monk confused after killing Gordon?
4. When Richard leaves Reg's place after seeing a horse in the bathroom, what surprises him about the front door landing?
5. What belief system does the Electric Monk subscribe to after he starts doubting that the valley before him is pink?
6. What does Susan decide to do in Chapter 3 after her boyfriend fails to show up?
7. How does Richard explain to himself the vision he gets of Gordon Way standing in the middle of the road?
8. Describe the range of emotions Susan experiences in Chapter 3.
9. Explain what happens after Gordon's ghost arrives at his cottage.
10. When Susan enters her apartment and finds Richard there, what does she do?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)