|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founded WayForward Technologies?
(a) Susan Way.
(b) Dirk Gently.
(c) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(d) Gordon Way.
2. How does Gordon Way die at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) By shotgun.
(b) Chokes on a cracker.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Falling off a cliff.
3. The author notes that even though a rider may sit on a horse all day long and not think about the creature, the one being sat upon:
(a) Wants a break now and again.
(b) Thinks the one sitting upon it is selfish and stubborn.
(c) Can't help but form an opinion of the one sitting upon it.
(d) Would like the roles to be reversed.
4. When Gordon Way leaves a message on Susan's answering machine, what does he request of her?
(a) To get Richard working in earnest on Anthem.
(b) To get Reg to stop doing his conspicuous tricks.
(c) To get Dirk on a case immediately.
(d) To get Michael to meet with him the following day.
5. What happens as the Electric Monk wonders what to do about Gordon, about his own missing horse, and about his belief systems?
(a) It begins to snow.
(b) Dirk finds him and tries to reprogram his circuits.
(c) Gordon's ghost appears to him.
(d) Two men drop off his horse in the pasture.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, who breaks into someone's apartment?
2. After Gordon dies and steps out of his body, what does he find surprising?
3. As the Electric Monk continues to stare at the presumed pinkness of the valley below him, what comes to his mind?
4. When Richard calls L'Esprit d'Escalier, what does he find out?
5. Who is Michael Wenton-Weakes' father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Richard do before working for WayForward Technologies?
2. Explain why Gordon is upset after he dies.
3. What does Gordon Way do on the last day of his life?
4. How does Richard locate Dirk Gently's detective agency?
5. Describe the range of emotions Susan experiences in Chapter 3.
6. When Richard asks one of Reg's neighbors about the horse, what response does he get?
7. What happens when Gordon Way gets out of his car to check his trunk?
8. Describe the mysterious tower the author writes about as the book opens.
9. Why does Richard dislike Michael Wenton-Weakes?
10. Why can't Richard bring Susan to the French restaurant, L'Esprit d'Escalier?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)