|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard do after taking the tape out of Susan Way's answering machine?
(a) Puts it back in.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Throws it out the window.
(d) Puts it in his pocket.
2. Even though he's a ghost, Gordon grows tired of walking down a deserted road and wonders if he might be able to do what?
(a) Sprout wings and fly.
(b) Drink chai tea.
(c) Hitch a ride.
(d) Teleport automatically.
3. What is the Electric Monk?
(a) A thief posing as a religious monk.
(b) A device that believes things for people.
(c) A robotic spiritual cook.
(d) An imaginary friend manifesting itself as electricity.
4. With whom does Richard MacDuff walk to a dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) His former employer.
(b) His former college tutor.
(c) His half-brother.
(d) His friend's ex-girlfriend.
5. What does Richard do right after Reg explains there's a horse in the upstairs bathroom?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Calls his attorney.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Tackles him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard calls L'Esprit d'Escalier, what does he find out?
2. When a dead Gordon realizes that the phone line is still open and connected to his sister's answering machine, what does he do?
3. When the Coleridge dinner finally ends, where does Richard MacDuff go?
4. One of Dirk's roommates notices that he's reciting what while he sleeps?
5. Thinking about the figure in his trunk, a ghostly Gordon wonders if it really was wearing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dirk manipulate the police when he gets to Richard's apartment?
2. What is an Electric Monk?
3. When Susan enters her apartment and finds Richard there, what does she do?
4. What does Gordon Way do on the last day of his life?
5. Explain why fellow students liked to wine and dine Dirk Gently.
6. Within the context of breaking into Susan's apartment, explain why Richard appears to be someone who makes poor choices.
7. Explain what happens after Gordon's ghost arrives at his cottage.
8. What happens when Gordon Way gets out of his car to check his trunk?
9. Susan keeps getting phone calls where all she hears is a faint wind. What are these calls about?
10. What belief system does the Electric Monk subscribe to after he starts doubting that the valley before him is pink?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)