|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founded WayForward Technologies?
(a) Dirk Gently.
(b) Susan Way.
(c) Gordon Way.
(d) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
2. After Richard apologizes to Susan and she vents some of her anger, she tells him she has to work that weekend and:
(a) Forgives him.
(b) Tells him to bring a pizza.
(c) Tickles him.
(d) Kicks him out.
3. How does Reg amuse a little girl named Sarah who is bored at the dinner party in Chapter 4?
(a) Doing mathematical tricks.
(b) Making things disappear and reappear.
(c) Juggling five fruits at the same time.
(d) Singing silly songs.
4. As the Electric Monk looks across a vast valley, he begins to imagine that he'll find a door here leading to where?
(a) The factory where he was made.
(b) A distant world.
(c) A fast-food restaurant.
(d) The inside of the moon.
5. When Richard calls Susan to apologize for forgetting to bring her to the college dinner, he suggests they do what?
(a) Get away to someplace sunny for a weekend or week.
(b) Forget the whole thing happened and start over.
(c) Get some fish and chips and watch a movie.
(d) Split up for a while and think things over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gordon's ghost wakes up from his fainting spell by the sound of what?
2. When the Coleridge dinner finally ends, where does Richard MacDuff go?
3. When he was living, what did the alien ghost driven to madness hope to accomplish on Earth?
4. What happens as the Electric Monk wonders what to do about Gordon, about his own missing horse, and about his belief systems?
5. What is the relationship between Richard MacDuff and private investigator Dirk Gently?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a ghostly Gordon makes his way to his cottage, what does he ponder?
2. As Chapter 4 opens, two men are walking towards a dinner on campus honoring Samuel T. Coleridge. Who are these two men?
3. What belief system does the Electric Monk subscribe to after he starts doubting that the valley before him is pink?
4. When Richard leaves Reg's place after seeing a horse in the bathroom, what surprises him about the front door landing?
5. What does Richard see the first time that he goes to Dirk's agency?
6. Why does Richard dislike Michael Wenton-Weakes?
7. Why does the little girl, Sarah, pass around a pot at the Coleridge dinner?
8. Describe the mysterious tower the author writes about as the book opens.
9. Describe similarities and differences between WayForward Technologies I and II.
10. By the end of the first chapter, what appears to have happened to the tower?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)