|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
(a) The shortest of the year.
(b) The last of his life.
(c) Filled with angry phone calls.
(d) Filled with unusual weather.
2. In Chapter 13, who is the person spying with the binoculars?
3. What kind of car does Richard MacDuff drive?
(a) Red Camaro.
(b) Blue Audi.
(c) Black Saab.
(d) Silver Ferrari.
4. Once Dirk and Richard realize what the alien ghost wants, they set out to do what?
(a) Trap him.
(b) Stop him.
(c) Help him.
(d) Dissolve him.
5. What kind of car does Gordon Way drive?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author notes that even though a rider may sit on a horse all day long and not think about the creature, the one being sat upon:
2. How does Dirk Cjelli make a name for himself while he's in college?
3. When Richard wakes up at the start of Chapter 16, he decides to make it up to Susan by doing what?
4. When a dead Gordon realizes that the phone line is still open and connected to his sister's answering machine, what does he do?
5. After Richard has tampered with Susan's answering machine, she walks in with whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Richard asks one of Reg's neighbors about the horse, what response does he get?
2. As Chapter 4 opens, two men are walking towards a dinner on campus honoring Samuel T. Coleridge. Who are these two men?
3. Describe similarities and differences between WayForward Technologies I and II.
4. What types of phone conversations does Dirk have at his detective agency?
5. When Susan enters her apartment and finds Richard there, what does she do?
6. Explain what happens after Gordon's ghost arrives at his cottage.
7. What did Richard do before working for WayForward Technologies?
8. Explain how Dirk toys with Richard after spotting him breaking into an apartment.
9. By the end of the first chapter, what appears to have happened to the tower?
10. Why can't Richard bring Susan to the French restaurant, L'Esprit d'Escalier?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)