|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard returns from doing an errand, he finds Dirk on the phone defending a trip to Bermuda, claiming that while he was there he successfully did what?
(a) Reprogrammed thirteen Electronic Monks.
(b) Traced the interconnectedness of all things.
(c) Solved the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle.
(d) Found nineteen missing cats.
2. In Chapter 13, who breaks into someone's apartment?
3. After Michael Wenton-Weakes' father dies, who takes over the family publishing business?
(a) Michael's brother.
(b) Dirk Gently.
(c) Michael's mother.
(d) Richard MacDuff.
4. Reg's memory is starting to fade, but he's still good at what?
(a) Number recall.
(b) Shakespeare recitations.
(c) Fruit juggling.
(d) Magic tricks.
5. In Dirk's office, he and Richard talk about Schrodinger's Cat, which is what?
(a) A French restaurant Gordon frequents.
(b) A collage made of discarded computer parts.
(c) An illustration of probabilities at the quantum level.
(d) A cat cloned three hundred fifty-two times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Urban Chronotis is Regius Professor of what?
2. What kind of car does Gordon Way drive?
3. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
4. While Richard drives and leaves a lengthy message of apology on Susan's answering machine, he swerves because he sees what?
5. In Chapter 12, after Richard goes home and pours himself a brandy, the author says there are three reasons he starts to shake, including what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard explain to himself the vision he gets of Gordon Way standing in the middle of the road?
2. Explain what happens after Gordon's ghost arrives at his cottage.
3. Describe the mysterious tower the author writes about as the book opens.
4. Why does Richard dislike Michael Wenton-Weakes?
5. In Chapter 2, why is the Electric Monk completely still as he sits atop his horse?
6. How does Richard discover that his boss, Gordon, has been murdered?
7. Why does Dirk Gently get kicked out of college?
8. What happens when Gordon Way gets out of his car to check his trunk?
9. What is an Electric Monk?
10. When Richard leaves Reg's place after seeing a horse in the bathroom, what surprises him about the front door landing?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)