|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In talking to Reg, Dirk figures out that when Richard seemed hypnotized, he really was:
(c) Possessed by a ghost.
(d) Pretending to be hypnotized.
2. Reg's resistance to the poltergeist results in what?
(a) Supernatural activity.
(b) The college board wanting to fire him.
(c) A broken, unusable time machine.
(d) A twisted knot in the time-space continuum.
3. Dirk figures out that the alien ghost wants to wipe out humanity and:
(a) Start over with dolphins as the dominant species.
(b) Let trees take over the world.
(c) Haunt a planet free of annoying people.
(d) Start over and build his own paradise.
4. Why does Dirk get an unusual phone with big red push-buttons?
(a) It was on sale.
(b) So that a ghost can use it easily.
(c) To make his agency look more reputable.
(d) He had thrown his previous phone out the window.
5. What three magic words has the Electric Monk been saying to people after listening to their troubles?
(a) "You are right."
(b) "Time to go."
(c) "I believe you."
(d) "All is well."
6. The ancient alien ghost explains that he came from where?
7. At the end of the book, Richard has a phone conversation with Reg during which he learns that:
(a) Reg is no longer in love with Susan.
(b) Dirk took the time machine into the future.
(c) Gordon managed to leave Reg a message before vanishing.
(d) Reg took the Electric Monk and his horse back to their home.
8. What is Reg's main reason for traveling through time?
(a) To watch shows he has missed.
(b) To correct the past.
(c) To hide when necessary.
(d) To make his magic tricks possible.
9. In order to stop the alien ghost from preventing life from starting on Earth, Richard, Reg and Dirk travel forward to:
(a) Coleridge's era.
(b) Clinton's era.
(c) The day man discovers fire.
(d) The year before the dodo becomes extinct.
10. While Dirk, Reg, and Richard try to figure out what's behind all the strange recent events, who shows up at the gates of St. Cedd's carrying a large nylon bag?
11. After seeking advice from Nicola, who is ill, about a cello piece with challenging fingering, Susan gets a call. She answers it and hears what?
(a) Distant cry of wind.
(b) Disturbing laughter.
(c) High-pitched screeching sound.
(d) Desperate crying.
12. At Richard's place, Detective Inspector Mason is accompanied by Sergeant Gilks, who is:
(a) The officer who found Richard on the road.
(b) Michael's half brother.
(c) Gordon's former college roommate.
(d) The person who got Dirk kicked out of college.
13. After Dirk saves the whole human race from extinction, what does he crave?
(a) A slice of apple pie.
(b) A pizza.
(c) A cup of tea.
(d) An orange.
14. As Richard and Dirk talk with the ancient alien ghost, trying to fully understand his story, Richard comes up with the theory that perhaps ghosts:
(a) Live primarily on Jupiter.
(b) Fail to understand time.
(c) Exist like wave patterns.
(d) Need to board an interdimensional limo.
15. Reg explains to Richard, Dirk, and the alien ghost that the dodo would not have become extinct had he not done what?
(a) Placed the salt shaker inside the old Greek pot.
(b) Moved the horse out of his bathroom.
(c) Fallen in love with Susan.
(d) Saved a prehistoric fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dirk do when a police officer is about to saw Richard's sofa in half?
2. Since Richard can't go to the police, Dirk decides to do what?
3. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, what does Dirk say to Reg about his secret?
4. How long has Reg been at Cambridge?
5. After Richard comes out of hypnosis, where does Dirk take him to talk about what he learned during the session?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)