|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Reg been at Cambridge?
(a) Two thousand years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Two hundred years.
(d) Two years.
2. After Dirk saves the world, Richard asks:
(a) To see a psychiatrist.
(b) For a ride to the university.
(c) To go home.
(d) For a detailed explanation.
3. After Reg talks to Richard and Dirk and explains the whole business about the horse, the ghost, the face powder, and quantum jumps, he mentions that:
(a) The powder gave him a rash.
(b) The ghost has left.
(c) The horse didn't want to leave.
(d) Quantum jumps add years to one's life.
4. When Richard and Dirk go to Reg's home, Richard learns that:
(a) Susan has paid Reg a visit.
(b) Reg has completely lost his mind.
(c) Dirk already knows Reg.
(d) The Electric Monk has paid Reg a visit.
5. What is Reg's main reason for traveling through time?
(a) To hide when necessary.
(b) To watch shows he has missed.
(c) To make his magic tricks possible.
(d) To correct the past.
6. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, what does Dirk say to Reg about his secret?
(a) The whole world already knows it.
(b) Reg could get arrested if the secret gets out.
(c) It's impossible to figure out.
(d) Dirk already knows what it is.
7. The ancient alien ghost explains that he came from where?
8. Reg's resistance to the poltergeist results in what?
(a) Supernatural activity.
(b) A twisted knot in the time-space continuum.
(c) The college board wanting to fire him.
(d) A broken, unusable time machine.
9. The ancient alien ghost that has possessed Michael Wenton-Weakes had been driven mad by what?
(a) The knowledge of what he'd done after the accident.
(b) The annoying lectures he heard while haunting the campus.
(c) The rising price of petrol.
(d) The distinction between green and black tea.
10. When the time machine leaves the rain forest and heads back to Cambridge, a knock on the door reveals Michael standing there with what?
(a) Scuba equipment.
(b) Large bowling pins.
(c) A wheelbarrow.
(d) A tray of sushi.
11. The ghost explains that he was able to enter Samuel Taylor Coleridge's mind when he was what?
(a) A toddler.
(b) On laudanum.
(c) An old man.
(d) In love.
12. According to the alien ghost's explanation, what has been orbiting Earth undetected since the explosion that killed him and his friends?
(a) The mothership.
(b) A feeble ghost of his exploded ship.
(c) A giant beach ball.
(d) The Electric Monk's ship.
13. Since Richard can't go to the police, Dirk decides to do what?
(a) Hide Richard in the basement.
(b) Listen to the messages on Gordon's answering machine.
(c) Get more details from the Electronic Monk.
(d) Hypnotize Richard to learn the facts.
14. What is the point of the blue squiggles Dirk writes on a piece of paper?
(a) He is trying to communicate with the ghost.
(b) He is trying to solve the problem of the conjuring trick.
(c) He wants to see if a hypnotized Richard can read them.
(d) He wants to recreate the energy diagrams of water.
15. What does the ghost say about possessing Michael?
(a) Michael will never be the same again.
(b) No harm will come to him.
(c) Michael is a twit who deserves to be haunted.
(d) No one will miss him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Reg tells his story to Richard and Dirk, he says he's so old that:
2. After receiving the vital piece of information from Richard about a murder, Dirk realizes that the alien ghost was able to possess Michael because:
3. During Richard's phone conversation with Susan about Gordon's murder, he learns that the police:
4. In Chapter 28, Reg explains that for several months he hadn't been using the time machine because:
5. Dirk figures out that the alien ghost wants to wipe out humanity and:
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)