|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Gordon's death, how does Dirk manage to get into Richard's apartment?
(a) Using his invisibility shield.
(b) Hypnotizing the security guard.
(c) Fast-talking his way past the police.
(d) Shipping himself in a package.
2. In Chapter 28, Reg explains that for several months he hadn't been using the time machine because:
(a) He was afraid to go back and face his nemesis.
(b) He needed to fix a broken circuit.
(c) He didn't want to arouse suspicion.
(d) He felt something had been trying to force him to use it.
3. In order to stop the alien ghost from preventing life from starting on Earth, Richard, Reg and Dirk travel forward to:
(a) The day man discovers fire.
(b) The year before the dodo becomes extinct.
(c) Coleridge's era.
(d) Clinton's era.
4. What is Reg's main reason for traveling through time?
(a) To hide when necessary.
(b) To watch shows he has missed.
(c) To make his magic tricks possible.
(d) To correct the past.
5. Why does Dirk get an unusual phone with big red push-buttons?
(a) So that a ghost can use it easily.
(b) It was on sale.
(c) To make his agency look more reputable.
(d) He had thrown his previous phone out the window.
6. When Richard and Dirk go to Reg's home, Richard learns that:
(a) Dirk already knows Reg.
(b) Reg has completely lost his mind.
(c) Susan has paid Reg a visit.
(d) The Electric Monk has paid Reg a visit.
7. How long has Reg been at Cambridge?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Two thousand years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two hundred years.
8. After waking up from unusual dreams, pondering the events of the night before, and realizing he has no lunch date planned, what does Michael Wenton-Weakes do?
(a) Calls Susan and asks if she's still seeing Richard.
(b) Goes upstairs and listens to music.
(c) Takes out his cello and starts playing a sad tune.
(d) Writes a poem about Gordon Way.
9. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, what does Dirk say to Reg about his secret?
(a) It's impossible to figure out.
(b) Dirk already knows what it is.
(c) The whole world already knows it.
(d) Reg could get arrested if the secret gets out.
10. When the time machine leaves the rain forest and heads back to Cambridge, a knock on the door reveals Michael standing there with what?
(a) Large bowling pins.
(b) A tray of sushi.
(c) A wheelbarrow.
(d) Scuba equipment.
11. Dirk insists on talking about Richard's sofa with him because he firmly believes that:
(a) All conversations lead to answers.
(b) All things are fundamentally interconnected.
(c) The sofa is an alien in disguise.
(d) Someone has hidden a message inside the sofa.
12. When Dirk questions Richard about information revealed under hypnosis, he first asks about what?
(a) Richard's computer program.
(b) Michael's former magazine.
(c) Reg's magic tricks.
(d) Susan's cello performances.
13. While Richard tries to explain to Susan who his friend Dirk Gently is, who arrives?
(d) Sergeant Gilks.
14. Reg explains to Richard, Dirk, and the alien ghost that the dodo would not have become extinct had he not done what?
(a) Saved a prehistoric fish.
(b) Placed the salt shaker inside the old Greek pot.
(c) Fallen in love with Susan.
(d) Moved the horse out of his bathroom.
15. Where does Reg go to get face powder to conceal his tan?
(a) Another planet.
(b) The local pharmacy.
(c) The campus theater.
(d) A parallel universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Dirk saves the world, Richard asks:
2. Why do Reg, Richard, and Dirk travel across time to a rain forest in Mauritius in 1676?
3. While Dirk, Reg, and Richard try to figure out what's behind all the strange recent events, who shows up at the gates of St. Cedd's carrying a large nylon bag?
4. With Michael now possessed by a ghost speaking through him, Dirk, Richard, and Reg learn what?
5. At Richard's place, Detective Inspector Mason is accompanied by Sergeant Gilks, who is:
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)