|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Richard's phone conversation with Susan about Gordon's murder, he learns that the police:
(a) Now suspect Dirk.
(b) Are ruling it a suicide.
(c) Have a long list of suspects.
(d) No longer suspect him.
2. Why do Reg, Richard, and Dirk travel across time to a rain forest in Mauritius in 1676?
(a) To see a dodo bird.
(b) To get away from the alien ghost.
(c) To retrieve a watch Reg had left behind.
(d) To save a type of iguana from extinction.
3. After Richard comes out of hypnosis, where does Dirk take him to talk about what he learned during the session?
(a) A tea shop.
(b) The pool.
(c) The canal.
(d) A pizza place.
4. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, what does Dirk say to Reg about his secret?
(a) Dirk already knows what it is.
(b) It's impossible to figure out.
(c) Reg could get arrested if the secret gets out.
(d) The whole world already knows it.
5. When Dirk listens to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment, he realizes that:
(a) Richard couldn't possibly be connected to Gordon's murder.
(b) Gordon may still be alive somewhere.
(c) He doesn't know what he's looking for.
(d) He might be named a suspect if he's not careful.
6. After waking up from unusual dreams, pondering the events of the night before, and realizing he has no lunch date planned, what does Michael Wenton-Weakes do?
(a) Goes upstairs and listens to music.
(b) Takes out his cello and starts playing a sad tune.
(c) Calls Susan and asks if she's still seeing Richard.
(d) Writes a poem about Gordon Way.
7. After Dirk saves the whole human race from extinction, what does he crave?
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) An orange.
(c) A slice of apple pie.
(d) A pizza.
8. Reg replies "You're standing in it" in response to Dirk's question of where is the what?
(a) Potions lab.
(b) Alien spaceship.
(c) Time machine.
(d) Haunted room.
9. Where does Reg go to get face powder to conceal his tan?
(a) Another planet.
(b) The campus theater.
(c) A parallel universe.
(d) The local pharmacy.
10. When Dirk brings up the matter of Richard's sofa, Richard is appalled, since he feels they should be talking about what instead?
(b) Susan's new boyfriend.
(c) Gordon's death.
(d) Time travel.
11. The individual sitting with drunk men on the train full of party revelers is haunted by an ancient ghost who says that:
(a) His group tried to reach Venus but ended up on Earth instead.
(b) His group came to Earth to destroy it.
(c) His group came to Earth to build a paradise.
(d) His group tried to reach another galaxy but ended up on Earth instead.
12. At Richard's place, Detective Inspector Mason is accompanied by Sergeant Gilks, who is:
(a) The officer who found Richard on the road.
(b) Michael's half brother.
(c) Gordon's former college roommate.
(d) The person who got Dirk kicked out of college.
13. Why does Dirk get an unusual phone with big red push-buttons?
(a) So that a ghost can use it easily.
(b) He had thrown his previous phone out the window.
(c) To make his agency look more reputable.
(d) It was on sale.
14. After Reg talks to Richard and Dirk and explains the whole business about the horse, the ghost, the face powder, and quantum jumps, he mentions that:
(a) The horse didn't want to leave.
(b) Quantum jumps add years to one's life.
(c) The powder gave him a rash.
(d) The ghost has left.
15. Richard presses Reg to explain how he got the salt shaker into the old Greek pot, and Reg replies that:
(a) He hasn't the slightest idea how he did it.
(b) He mentally rearranged the atoms.
(c) He got the man who made the pot to put it in.
(d) It would take months to explain it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sergeant Gilks determine after listening to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment?
2. Who sits next to three drunk men on a train that is full of party revelers from a wedding?
3. With Michael now possessed by a ghost speaking through him, Dirk, Richard, and Reg learn what?
4. Since Richard can't go to the police, Dirk decides to do what?
5. Why did the alien's ship that landed on Earth several billion years ago explode?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)