|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael, possessed by the alien ghost, leaves the time machine and heads toward the tower, what is he wearing?
(a) Scuba gear.
(b) Red tie.
(c) Angel wings.
(d) Space suit.
2. In talking to Reg, Dirk figures out that when Richard seemed hypnotized, he really was:
(c) Possessed by a ghost.
(d) Pretending to be hypnotized.
3. Dirk tells Richard that under hypnosis, he was able to remember details he's not even aware of consciously, including a full description of what?
(a) Sarah's dress.
(b) Susan's apartment.
(c) Reg's horse.
(d) Gordon's car.
4. When Richard goes to Susan's place to comfort her after her brother's death, he finds her doing what?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Staring out the window.
(c) Looking at photo albums.
(d) Playing the cello.
5. After Dirk saves the world, Richard asks:
(a) For a detailed explanation.
(b) For a ride to the university.
(c) To see a psychiatrist.
(d) To go home.
6. When Dirk brings up the matter of Richard's sofa, Richard is appalled, since he feels they should be talking about what instead?
(a) Gordon's death.
(c) Susan's new boyfriend.
(d) Time travel.
7. Dirk insists on talking about Richard's sofa with him because he firmly believes that:
(a) Someone has hidden a message inside the sofa.
(b) All things are fundamentally interconnected.
(c) The sofa is an alien in disguise.
(d) All conversations lead to answers.
8. Why does Dirk get an unusual phone with big red push-buttons?
(a) To make his agency look more reputable.
(b) So that a ghost can use it easily.
(c) He had thrown his previous phone out the window.
(d) It was on sale.
9. While Richard tries to explain to Susan who his friend Dirk Gently is, who arrives?
(b) Sergeant Gilks.
10. Reg replies "You're standing in it" in response to Dirk's question of where is the what?
(a) Haunted room.
(b) Potions lab.
(c) Time machine.
(d) Alien spaceship.
11. While Dirk, Reg, and Richard try to figure out what's behind all the strange recent events, who shows up at the gates of St. Cedd's carrying a large nylon bag?
12. What does Sergeant Gilks determine after listening to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment?
(a) Gordon's time of death.
(b) Dirk's connection to Gordon.
(c) The reason for Reg's reluctance to talk about Gordon.
(d) Richard's reason for wanting Gordon dead.
13. What is Reg's main reason for traveling through time?
(a) To hide when necessary.
(b) To correct the past.
(c) To watch shows he has missed.
(d) To make his magic tricks possible.
14. After waking up from unusual dreams, pondering the events of the night before, and realizing he has no lunch date planned, what does Michael Wenton-Weakes do?
(a) Writes a poem about Gordon Way.
(b) Calls Susan and asks if she's still seeing Richard.
(c) Goes upstairs and listens to music.
(d) Takes out his cello and starts playing a sad tune.
15. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, what does Dirk say to Reg about his secret?
(a) Dirk already knows what it is.
(b) The whole world already knows it.
(c) It's impossible to figure out.
(d) Reg could get arrested if the secret gets out.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dirk questions Richard about information revealed under hypnosis, he first asks about what?
2. Richard presses Reg to explain how he got the salt shaker into the old Greek pot, and Reg replies that:
3. When the engines of the alien spaceship were damaged upon landing, the now-ghost had sent the Electric Monk out to do what?
4. When Richard and Dirk go to Reg's home, Richard learns that:
5. The ancient alien ghost explains that he came from where?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)