|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dirk questions Richard about information revealed under hypnosis, he first asks about what?
(a) Richard's computer program.
(b) Reg's magic tricks.
(c) Susan's cello performances.
(d) Michael's former magazine.
2. What does Sergeant Gilks determine after listening to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment?
(a) Dirk's connection to Gordon.
(b) Richard's reason for wanting Gordon dead.
(c) The reason for Reg's reluctance to talk about Gordon.
(d) Gordon's time of death.
3. When Richard checks where he is so that he can tell Susan by phone, he sees a black tower next to a river of mud. When he asks where they are, what is Dirk's reply?
(a) "Outer space."
(d) "The past."
4. While Dirk, Reg, and Richard try to figure out what's behind all the strange recent events, who shows up at the gates of St. Cedd's carrying a large nylon bag?
5. After Reg talks to Richard and Dirk and explains the whole business about the horse, the ghost, the face powder, and quantum jumps, he mentions that:
(a) The powder gave him a rash.
(b) The ghost has left.
(c) The horse didn't want to leave.
(d) Quantum jumps add years to one's life.
6. What haunted the ancient alien ghost as he haunted Earth?
(a) Knowledge of his charming home planet.
(b) Ghosts of deceased presidents.
(c) Voices from television airwaves.
(d) Memories of his fellows who had died.
7. As Richard and Dirk talk with the ancient alien ghost, trying to fully understand his story, Richard comes up with the theory that perhaps ghosts:
(a) Exist like wave patterns.
(b) Live primarily on Jupiter.
(c) Fail to understand time.
(d) Need to board an interdimensional limo.
8. When Detective Inspector Mason arrives at Richard's apartment, what does he order police officers to do?
(a) Look under the beds.
(b) Check the microwave.
(c) Move the sofa.
(d) Confiscate the computers.
9. When Dirk listens to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment, he realizes that:
(a) Gordon may still be alive somewhere.
(b) He might be named a suspect if he's not careful.
(c) He doesn't know what he's looking for.
(d) Richard couldn't possibly be connected to Gordon's murder.
10. After receiving the vital piece of information from Richard about a murder, Dirk realizes that the alien ghost was able to possess Michael because:
(a) Both missed Michael's magazine.
(b) Knew Ross well.
(c) Both had the intent to kill.
(d) Knew Gordon well.
11. The ancient alien ghost explains that he came from where?
12. When Richard and Dirk go to Reg's home, Richard learns that:
(a) Susan has paid Reg a visit.
(b) Dirk already knows Reg.
(c) The Electric Monk has paid Reg a visit.
(d) Reg has completely lost his mind.
13. At the end of the story, Richard is able to make reservations for dinner with Susan at a very expensive, elite restaurant that's booked three weeks in advance by doing what?
(a) Getting the ghost to scare the regulars out.
(b) Having Dirk tip the host.
(c) Claiming he took part in saving the world.
(d) Going back in time.
14. When Michael Wenton-Weakes digs into his wastebasket, he pulls out a copy of the magazine Fathom and finds what?
(a) Article written by Richard.
(b) Ad for Electronic Monks.
(c) Ad for Dirk's agency.
(d) Article about Susan.
15. Why does Dirk get an unusual phone with big red push-buttons?
(a) He had thrown his previous phone out the window.
(b) It was on sale.
(c) To make his agency look more reputable.
(d) So that a ghost can use it easily.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard goes to Susan's place to comfort her after her brother's death, he finds her doing what?
2. Reg's resistance to the poltergeist results in what?
3. The ancient alien ghost tells Richard that upon reading his article about music, he was what?
4. When the engines of the alien spaceship were damaged upon landing, the now-ghost had sent the Electric Monk out to do what?
5. How long has Reg been at Cambridge?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)