|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the time machine leaves the rain forest and heads back to Cambridge, a knock on the door reveals Michael standing there with what?
(a) A wheelbarrow.
(b) A tray of sushi.
(c) Large bowling pins.
(d) Scuba equipment.
2. When Dirk brings up the matter of Richard's sofa, Richard is appalled, since he feels they should be talking about what instead?
(a) Susan's new boyfriend.
(b) Gordon's death.
(c) Time travel.
3. What is the point of the blue squiggles Dirk writes on a piece of paper?
(a) He is trying to communicate with the ghost.
(b) He wants to recreate the energy diagrams of water.
(c) He wants to see if a hypnotized Richard can read them.
(d) He is trying to solve the problem of the conjuring trick.
4. When Dirk questions Richard about information revealed under hypnosis, he first asks about what?
(a) Michael's former magazine.
(b) Susan's cello performances.
(c) Reg's magic tricks.
(d) Richard's computer program.
5. The ancient alien ghost tells Richard that upon reading his article about music, he was what?
(a) Deeply disturbed.
(b) Reminded of his favorite song.
(c) Reminded of his mother.
(d) Deeply moved.
6. Why did the alien's ship that landed on Earth several billion years ago explode?
(a) The Electric Monk pushed the wrong button.
(b) The engines weren't ready.
(c) Nobody knows.
(d) Lightning struck the ship.
7. After Dirk saves the world, Richard asks:
(a) For a ride to the university.
(b) To see a psychiatrist.
(c) For a detailed explanation.
(d) To go home.
8. Why do Reg, Richard, and Dirk travel across time to a rain forest in Mauritius in 1676?
(a) To save a type of iguana from extinction.
(b) To see a dodo bird.
(c) To get away from the alien ghost.
(d) To retrieve a watch Reg had left behind.
9. Reg replies "You're standing in it" in response to Dirk's question of where is the what?
(a) Haunted room.
(b) Potions lab.
(c) Time machine.
(d) Alien spaceship.
10. After Dirk saves the whole human race from extinction, what does he crave?
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) A slice of apple pie.
(c) An orange.
(d) A pizza.
11. What does the ghost say about possessing Michael?
(a) No harm will come to him.
(b) Michael is a twit who deserves to be haunted.
(c) No one will miss him.
(d) Michael will never be the same again.
12. When Reg tells his story to Richard and Dirk, he says he's so old that:
(a) He doesn't remember who he is.
(b) He's seen the beginning and end of countless nations.
(c) His gray hair has turned gray twenty times over.
(d) He makes the chancellor look young.
13. When Richard checks where he is so that he can tell Susan by phone, he sees a black tower next to a river of mud. When he asks where they are, what is Dirk's reply?
(b) "The past."
(d) "Outer space."
14. The ghost explains that he was able to enter Samuel Taylor Coleridge's mind when he was what?
(a) In love.
(b) A toddler.
(c) On laudanum.
(d) An old man.
15. When Detective Inspector Mason arrives at Richard's apartment, what does he order police officers to do?
(a) Check the microwave.
(b) Move the sofa.
(c) Confiscate the computers.
(d) Look under the beds.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael Wenton-Weakes digs into his wastebasket, he pulls out a copy of the magazine Fathom and finds what?
2. In talking to Reg, Dirk figures out that when Richard seemed hypnotized, he really was:
3. Dirk figures out that the alien ghost wants to wipe out humanity and:
4. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, why does Dirk prompt Richard to ask about the conjuring trick?
5. Reg's resistance to the poltergeist results in what?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)