|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dirk listens to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment, he realizes that:
(a) Richard couldn't possibly be connected to Gordon's murder.
(b) Gordon may still be alive somewhere.
(c) He might be named a suspect if he's not careful.
(d) He doesn't know what he's looking for.
2. At the end of the book, Richard has a phone conversation with Reg during which he learns that:
(a) Dirk took the time machine into the future.
(b) Reg is no longer in love with Susan.
(c) Reg took the Electric Monk and his horse back to their home.
(d) Gordon managed to leave Reg a message before vanishing.
3. After his phone conversation with Susan, Richard rushes over to Dirk and Reg to reveal what vital piece of information?
(a) Michael murdered Gordon.
(b) Michael murdered Ross.
(c) Ross murdered Gordon.
(d) Gordon murdered Jonathan.
4. Reg explains to Richard, Dirk, and the alien ghost that the dodo would not have become extinct had he not done what?
(a) Moved the horse out of his bathroom.
(b) Fallen in love with Susan.
(c) Saved a prehistoric fish.
(d) Placed the salt shaker inside the old Greek pot.
5. Who sits next to three drunk men on a train that is full of party revelers from a wedding?
6. The ancient alien ghost explains that he came from where?
7. At the end of the book, Dirk sends one more bill to Mrs. Sauskind; what is this bill for?
(a) Saving human race from total extinction, no charge.
(b) Saving planet from alien takeover, priceless.
(c) Rescuing cat for the last time, no charge.
(d) Rescuing the hundredth cat in his career, priceless.
8. When Richard checks where he is so that he can tell Susan by phone, he sees a black tower next to a river of mud. When he asks where they are, what is Dirk's reply?
(c) "Outer space."
(d) "The past."
9. Richard presses Reg to explain how he got the salt shaker into the old Greek pot, and Reg replies that:
(a) He mentally rearranged the atoms.
(b) He hasn't the slightest idea how he did it.
(c) It would take months to explain it.
(d) He got the man who made the pot to put it in.
10. Reg replies "You're standing in it" in response to Dirk's question of where is the what?
(a) Time machine.
(b) Alien spaceship.
(c) Potions lab.
(d) Haunted room.
11. As Richard and Dirk talk with the ancient alien ghost, trying to fully understand his story, Richard comes up with the theory that perhaps ghosts:
(a) Live primarily on Jupiter.
(b) Fail to understand time.
(c) Need to board an interdimensional limo.
(d) Exist like wave patterns.
12. With Michael now possessed by a ghost speaking through him, Dirk, Richard, and Reg learn what?
(a) Michael was easier to control than Reg or Richard were.
(b) Michael frequently dabbled in sorcery.
(c) The ghost is hungry for a plate of sardines.
(d) The ghost has greatly enjoyed his experiences on Earth.
13. What haunted the ancient alien ghost as he haunted Earth?
(a) Ghosts of deceased presidents.
(b) Knowledge of his charming home planet.
(c) Voices from television airwaves.
(d) Memories of his fellows who had died.
14. While Dirk, Reg, and Richard try to figure out what's behind all the strange recent events, who shows up at the gates of St. Cedd's carrying a large nylon bag?
15. Why did the alien's ship that landed on Earth several billion years ago explode?
(a) The engines weren't ready.
(b) Nobody knows.
(c) The Electric Monk pushed the wrong button.
(d) Lightning struck the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. The individual sitting with drunk men on the train full of party revelers is haunted by an ancient ghost who says that:
2. When Richard visits Susan to comfort her after Gordon's death, the phone rings; Richard answers it and hears what?
3. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, why does Dirk prompt Richard to ask about the conjuring trick?
4. When Dirk questions Richard about information revealed under hypnosis, he first asks about what?
5. The ancient alien ghost tells Richard that upon reading his article about music, he was what?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)