|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After receiving the vital piece of information from Richard about a murder, Dirk realizes that the alien ghost was able to possess Michael because:
(a) Both had the intent to kill.
(b) Both missed Michael's magazine.
(c) Knew Gordon well.
(d) Knew Ross well.
2. When Michael, possessed by the alien ghost, leaves the time machine and heads toward the tower, what is he wearing?
(a) Angel wings.
(b) Red tie.
(c) Space suit.
(d) Scuba gear.
3. Dirk figures out that the alien ghost wants to wipe out humanity and:
(a) Let trees take over the world.
(b) Start over and build his own paradise.
(c) Haunt a planet free of annoying people.
(d) Start over with dolphins as the dominant species.
4. What three magic words has the Electric Monk been saying to people after listening to their troubles?
(a) "All is well."
(b) "Time to go."
(c) "You are right."
(d) "I believe you."
5. After Gordon's death, how does Dirk manage to get into Richard's apartment?
(a) Hypnotizing the security guard.
(b) Shipping himself in a package.
(c) Using his invisibility shield.
(d) Fast-talking his way past the police.
6. Dirk tells Richard that under hypnosis, he was able to remember details he's not even aware of consciously, including a full description of what?
(a) Susan's apartment.
(b) Reg's horse.
(c) Gordon's car.
(d) Sarah's dress.
7. Reg explains to Richard, Dirk, and the alien ghost that the dodo would not have become extinct had he not done what?
(a) Saved a prehistoric fish.
(b) Fallen in love with Susan.
(c) Moved the horse out of his bathroom.
(d) Placed the salt shaker inside the old Greek pot.
8. At the end of the story, Richard is able to make reservations for dinner with Susan at a very expensive, elite restaurant that's booked three weeks in advance by doing what?
(a) Going back in time.
(b) Having Dirk tip the host.
(c) Getting the ghost to scare the regulars out.
(d) Claiming he took part in saving the world.
9. During Richard's phone conversation with Susan about Gordon's murder, he learns that the police:
(a) Have a long list of suspects.
(b) No longer suspect him.
(c) Now suspect Dirk.
(d) Are ruling it a suicide.
10. When Reg tells his story to Richard and Dirk, he says he's so old that:
(a) He's seen the beginning and end of countless nations.
(b) His gray hair has turned gray twenty times over.
(c) He doesn't remember who he is.
(d) He makes the chancellor look young.
11. When Dirk listens to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment, he realizes that:
(a) He might be named a suspect if he's not careful.
(b) He doesn't know what he's looking for.
(c) Richard couldn't possibly be connected to Gordon's murder.
(d) Gordon may still be alive somewhere.
12. When Richard and Dirk go to Reg's home, Richard learns that:
(a) The Electric Monk has paid Reg a visit.
(b) Susan has paid Reg a visit.
(c) Reg has completely lost his mind.
(d) Dirk already knows Reg.
13. In Chapter 28, Reg explains that for several months he hadn't been using the time machine because:
(a) He didn't want to arouse suspicion.
(b) He needed to fix a broken circuit.
(c) He was afraid to go back and face his nemesis.
(d) He felt something had been trying to force him to use it.
14. At Richard's place, Detective Inspector Mason is accompanied by Sergeant Gilks, who is:
(a) The person who got Dirk kicked out of college.
(b) Gordon's former college roommate.
(c) The officer who found Richard on the road.
(d) Michael's half brother.
15. At the end of the book, Dirk sends one more bill to Mrs. Sauskind; what is this bill for?
(a) Rescuing cat for the last time, no charge.
(b) Saving human race from total extinction, no charge.
(c) Rescuing the hundredth cat in his career, priceless.
(d) Saving planet from alien takeover, priceless.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael Wenton-Weakes wakes up in a strange mood, he realizes that he had just dreamed about what?
2. While Dirk, Reg, and Richard try to figure out what's behind all the strange recent events, who shows up at the gates of St. Cedd's carrying a large nylon bag?
3. After Dirk saves the whole human race from extinction, what does he crave?
4. When the engines of the alien spaceship were damaged upon landing, the now-ghost had sent the Electric Monk out to do what?
5. Since Richard can't go to the police, Dirk decides to do what?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)