|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the point of the blue squiggles Dirk writes on a piece of paper?
(a) He wants to see if a hypnotized Richard can read them.
(b) He wants to recreate the energy diagrams of water.
(c) He is trying to solve the problem of the conjuring trick.
(d) He is trying to communicate with the ghost.
2. In order to stop the alien ghost from preventing life from starting on Earth, Richard, Reg and Dirk travel forward to:
(a) Clinton's era.
(b) The year before the dodo becomes extinct.
(c) The day man discovers fire.
(d) Coleridge's era.
3. Richard presses Reg to explain how he got the salt shaker into the old Greek pot, and Reg replies that:
(a) It would take months to explain it.
(b) He got the man who made the pot to put it in.
(c) He mentally rearranged the atoms.
(d) He hasn't the slightest idea how he did it.
4. Dirk insists on talking about Richard's sofa with him because he firmly believes that:
(a) Someone has hidden a message inside the sofa.
(b) The sofa is an alien in disguise.
(c) All things are fundamentally interconnected.
(d) All conversations lead to answers.
5. When Richard checks where he is so that he can tell Susan by phone, he sees a black tower next to a river of mud. When he asks where they are, what is Dirk's reply?
(a) "Outer space."
(b) "The past."
6. Who was trying to use Dirk's agency telephone to make a call to Susan?
(a) Gordon's ghost.
(d) The alient ghost.
7. When Michael Wenton-Weakes digs into his wastebasket, he pulls out a copy of the magazine Fathom and finds what?
(a) Article written by Richard.
(b) Ad for Dirk's agency.
(c) Article about Susan.
(d) Ad for Electronic Monks.
8. Why do Reg, Richard, and Dirk travel across time to a rain forest in Mauritius in 1676?
(a) To retrieve a watch Reg had left behind.
(b) To get away from the alien ghost.
(c) To see a dodo bird.
(d) To save a type of iguana from extinction.
9. After Dirk saves the world, Richard asks:
(a) To see a psychiatrist.
(b) For a ride to the university.
(c) To go home.
(d) For a detailed explanation.
10. The ancient alien ghost tells Richard that upon reading his article about music, he was what?
(a) Reminded of his mother.
(b) Deeply disturbed.
(c) Reminded of his favorite song.
(d) Deeply moved.
11. Dirk hears Gordon's ghost on the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment. What does the ghost want?
(a) To leave a message for Reg's associate.
(b) To have someone search his car.
(c) To have someone search his cottage.
(d) To leave a message on Richard's answering machine.
12. When Dirk listens to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment, he realizes that:
(a) He might be named a suspect if he's not careful.
(b) Gordon may still be alive somewhere.
(c) He doesn't know what he's looking for.
(d) Richard couldn't possibly be connected to Gordon's murder.
13. Why does Dirk get an unusual phone with big red push-buttons?
(a) To make his agency look more reputable.
(b) So that a ghost can use it easily.
(c) He had thrown his previous phone out the window.
(d) It was on sale.
14. The world that the ancient alien came from is what?
(a) Beautiful and blue.
(b) Peaceful and calm.
(c) Violent and troubled.
(d) Small and independent.
15. When Detective Inspector Mason arrives at Richard's apartment, what does he order police officers to do?
(a) Check the microwave.
(b) Move the sofa.
(c) Confiscate the computers.
(d) Look under the beds.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dirk questions Richard about information revealed under hypnosis, he first asks about what?
2. Who sits next to three drunk men on a train that is full of party revelers from a wedding?
3. When Richard visits Susan to comfort her after Gordon's death, the phone rings; Richard answers it and hears what?
4. After Reg talks to Richard and Dirk and explains the whole business about the horse, the ghost, the face powder, and quantum jumps, he mentions that:
5. When Richard goes to Susan's place to comfort her after her brother's death, he finds her doing what?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)