Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 28, Reg explains that for several months he hadn't been using the time machine because:
(a) He needed to fix a broken circuit.
(b) He felt something had been trying to force him to use it.
(c) He didn't want to arouse suspicion.
(d) He was afraid to go back and face his nemesis.
2. What does the ghost say about possessing Michael?
(a) No harm will come to him.
(b) No one will miss him.
(c) Michael will never be the same again.
(d) Michael is a twit who deserves to be haunted.
3. Why does Richard call Susan after Dirk gives him the details of Gordon's death a second time?
(a) Susan and Richard are supposed to be on a date.
(b) Dirk tells Richard that Susan is looking for him.
(c) Richard doesn't believe Dirk.
(d) Richard fears for Susan's life.
4. What three magic words has the Electric Monk been saying to people after listening to their troubles?
(a) "Time to go."
(b) "All is well."
(c) "You are right."
(d) "I believe you."
5. After Dirk saves the whole human race from extinction, what does he crave?
(a) An orange.
(b) A slice of apple pie.
(c) A cup of tea.
(d) A pizza.
6. When Reg tells his story to Richard and Dirk, he says he's so old that:
(a) He doesn't remember who he is.
(b) His gray hair has turned gray twenty times over.
(c) He's seen the beginning and end of countless nations.
(d) He makes the chancellor look young.
7. When Richard and Dirk go to Reg's home, Richard learns that:
(a) Reg has completely lost his mind.
(b) The Electric Monk has paid Reg a visit.
(c) Dirk already knows Reg.
(d) Susan has paid Reg a visit.
8. What does Sergeant Gilks determine after listening to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment?
(a) The reason for Reg's reluctance to talk about Gordon.
(b) Gordon's time of death.
(c) Richard's reason for wanting Gordon dead.
(d) Dirk's connection to Gordon.
9. When Richard goes to Susan's place to comfort her after her brother's death, he finds her doing what?
(a) Staring out the window.
(b) Looking at photo albums.
(c) Talking on the phone.
(d) Playing the cello.
10. The world that the ancient alien came from is what?
(a) Peaceful and calm.
(b) Beautiful and blue.
(c) Small and independent.
(d) Violent and troubled.
11. When Dirk questions Richard about information revealed under hypnosis, he first asks about what?
(a) Michael's former magazine.
(b) Reg's magic tricks.
(c) Susan's cello performances.
(d) Richard's computer program.
12. The individual sitting with drunk men on the train full of party revelers is haunted by an ancient ghost who says that:
(a) His group came to Earth to build a paradise.
(b) His group came to Earth to destroy it.
(c) His group tried to reach Venus but ended up on Earth instead.
(d) His group tried to reach another galaxy but ended up on Earth instead.
13. When Detective Inspector Mason arrives at Richard's apartment, what does he order police officers to do?
(a) Move the sofa.
(b) Check the microwave.
(c) Look under the beds.
(d) Confiscate the computers.
14. After Reg discusses the matter of getting the salt shaker into the old Greek pot, Dirk explains that:
(a) Richard doesn't yet know the secret.
(b) They have no time to waste.
(c) He once got a teacup stuck in a jar.
(d) The police are still questioning Susan.
15. At the end of the book, when Richard hears Susan play the cello, he recognizes the music as:
(a) What was playing in the elevator.
(b) What he had heard on the alien mothership.
(c) What he had heard at the Coleridge dinner.
(d) What was playing on the taxi's radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the engines of the alien spaceship were damaged upon landing, the now-ghost had sent the Electric Monk out to do what?
2. What does Dirk do when a police officer is about to saw Richard's sofa in half?
3. In order to stop the alien ghost from preventing life from starting on Earth, Richard, Reg and Dirk travel forward to:
4. In talking to Reg, Dirk figures out that when Richard seemed hypnotized, he really was:
5. After Richard comes out of hypnosis, where does Dirk take him to talk about what he learned during the session?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)