|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the engines of the alien spaceship were damaged upon landing, the now-ghost had sent the Electric Monk out to do what?
(a) Check the engines.
(b) Send an interdimensional signal.
(c) Look for life on the planet.
(d) Bring back rock specimens.
2. After Dirk saves the world, Richard asks:
(a) To see a psychiatrist.
(b) For a ride to the university.
(c) For a detailed explanation.
(d) To go home.
3. What haunted the ancient alien ghost as he haunted Earth?
(a) Knowledge of his charming home planet.
(b) Ghosts of deceased presidents.
(c) Memories of his fellows who had died.
(d) Voices from television airwaves.
4. When Richard and Dirk go to Reg's home, Richard learns that:
(a) Susan has paid Reg a visit.
(b) Reg has completely lost his mind.
(c) Dirk already knows Reg.
(d) The Electric Monk has paid Reg a visit.
5. At the end of the book, Dirk sends one more bill to Mrs. Sauskind; what is this bill for?
(a) Saving human race from total extinction, no charge.
(b) Rescuing cat for the last time, no charge.
(c) Saving planet from alien takeover, priceless.
(d) Rescuing the hundredth cat in his career, priceless.
6. The world that the ancient alien came from is what?
(a) Peaceful and calm.
(b) Violent and troubled.
(c) Beautiful and blue.
(d) Small and independent.
7. What three magic words has the Electric Monk been saying to people after listening to their troubles?
(a) "All is well."
(b) "Time to go."
(c) "You are right."
(d) "I believe you."
8. Who sits next to three drunk men on a train that is full of party revelers from a wedding?
9. According to the alien ghost's explanation, what has been orbiting Earth undetected since the explosion that killed him and his friends?
(a) A giant beach ball.
(b) A feeble ghost of his exploded ship.
(c) The Electric Monk's ship.
(d) The mothership.
10. When Dirk brings up the matter of Richard's sofa, Richard is appalled, since he feels they should be talking about what instead?
(a) Time travel.
(b) Gordon's death.
(c) Susan's new boyfriend.
11. After Richard comes out of hypnosis, where does Dirk take him to talk about what he learned during the session?
(a) A pizza place.
(b) A tea shop.
(c) The pool.
(d) The canal.
12. What does Sergeant Gilks determine after listening to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment?
(a) Gordon's time of death.
(b) Dirk's connection to Gordon.
(c) The reason for Reg's reluctance to talk about Gordon.
(d) Richard's reason for wanting Gordon dead.
13. Why did the alien's ship that landed on Earth several billion years ago explode?
(a) Nobody knows.
(b) The Electric Monk pushed the wrong button.
(c) Lightning struck the ship.
(d) The engines weren't ready.
14. The ancient alien ghost explains that he and his party landed on Earth for what?
(a) To hide from their planet's police.
(b) To start a new colony.
(c) To replenish mineral supplies.
(d) To look for food.
15. After Reg talks to Richard and Dirk and explains the whole business about the horse, the ghost, the face powder, and quantum jumps, he mentions that:
(a) Quantum jumps add years to one's life.
(b) The powder gave him a rash.
(c) The ghost has left.
(d) The horse didn't want to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Gordon's death, how does Dirk manage to get into Richard's apartment?
2. When Michael Wenton-Weakes digs into his wastebasket, he pulls out a copy of the magazine Fathom and finds what?
3. When Detective Inspector Mason arrives at Richard's apartment, what does he order police officers to do?
4. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, what does Dirk say to Reg about his secret?
5. Why do Reg, Richard, and Dirk travel across time to a rain forest in Mauritius in 1676?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)