|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his phone conversation with Susan, Richard rushes over to Dirk and Reg to reveal what vital piece of information?
(a) Ross murdered Gordon.
(b) Gordon murdered Jonathan.
(c) Michael murdered Ross.
(d) Michael murdered Gordon.
2. What is Reg's main reason for traveling through time?
(a) To hide when necessary.
(b) To correct the past.
(c) To make his magic tricks possible.
(d) To watch shows he has missed.
3. The ancient alien ghost tells Richard that upon reading his article about music, he was what?
(a) Deeply disturbed.
(b) Reminded of his mother.
(c) Reminded of his favorite song.
(d) Deeply moved.
4. While Dirk, Reg, and Richard try to figure out what's behind all the strange recent events, who shows up at the gates of St. Cedd's carrying a large nylon bag?
5. At the end of the book, Dirk sends one more bill to Mrs. Sauskind; what is this bill for?
(a) Saving planet from alien takeover, priceless.
(b) Saving human race from total extinction, no charge.
(c) Rescuing cat for the last time, no charge.
(d) Rescuing the hundredth cat in his career, priceless.
6. As Richard and Dirk talk with the ancient alien ghost, trying to fully understand his story, Richard comes up with the theory that perhaps ghosts:
(a) Live primarily on Jupiter.
(b) Exist like wave patterns.
(c) Fail to understand time.
(d) Need to board an interdimensional limo.
7. What is the point of the blue squiggles Dirk writes on a piece of paper?
(a) He wants to see if a hypnotized Richard can read them.
(b) He is trying to solve the problem of the conjuring trick.
(c) He wants to recreate the energy diagrams of water.
(d) He is trying to communicate with the ghost.
8. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, what does Dirk say to Reg about his secret?
(a) Dirk already knows what it is.
(b) The whole world already knows it.
(c) It's impossible to figure out.
(d) Reg could get arrested if the secret gets out.
9. Dirk figures out that the alien ghost wants to wipe out humanity and:
(a) Start over and build his own paradise.
(b) Start over with dolphins as the dominant species.
(c) Haunt a planet free of annoying people.
(d) Let trees take over the world.
10. After Richard comes out of hypnosis, where does Dirk take him to talk about what he learned during the session?
(a) A tea shop.
(b) The pool.
(c) A pizza place.
(d) The canal.
11. After Reg discusses the matter of getting the salt shaker into the old Greek pot, Dirk explains that:
(a) The police are still questioning Susan.
(b) They have no time to waste.
(c) He once got a teacup stuck in a jar.
(d) Richard doesn't yet know the secret.
12. After Dirk saves the whole human race from extinction, what does he crave?
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) A slice of apple pie.
(c) An orange.
(d) A pizza.
13. When Dirk brings up the matter of Richard's sofa, Richard is appalled, since he feels they should be talking about what instead?
(a) Gordon's death.
(b) Time travel.
(c) Susan's new boyfriend.
14. According to the alien ghost's explanation, what has been orbiting Earth undetected since the explosion that killed him and his friends?
(a) The Electric Monk's ship.
(b) A giant beach ball.
(c) A feeble ghost of his exploded ship.
(d) The mothership.
15. After Gordon's death, how does Dirk manage to get into Richard's apartment?
(a) Using his invisibility shield.
(b) Hypnotizing the security guard.
(c) Shipping himself in a package.
(d) Fast-talking his way past the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the alien's ship that landed on Earth several billion years ago explode?
2. What does Dirk do when a police officer is about to saw Richard's sofa in half?
3. When Richard goes to Susan's place to comfort her after her brother's death, he finds her doing what?
4. At Richard's place, Detective Inspector Mason is accompanied by Sergeant Gilks, who is:
5. At the end of the book, Richard has a phone conversation with Reg during which he learns that:
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)