|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ghost say about possessing Michael?
(a) Michael is a twit who deserves to be haunted.
(b) No harm will come to him.
(c) Michael will never be the same again.
(d) No one will miss him.
2. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, what does Dirk say to Reg about his secret?
(a) The whole world already knows it.
(b) Dirk already knows what it is.
(c) Reg could get arrested if the secret gets out.
(d) It's impossible to figure out.
3. After Richard comes out of hypnosis, where does Dirk take him to talk about what he learned during the session?
(a) The pool.
(b) A pizza place.
(c) The canal.
(d) A tea shop.
4. When the time machine leaves the rain forest and heads back to Cambridge, a knock on the door reveals Michael standing there with what?
(a) A tray of sushi.
(b) A wheelbarrow.
(c) Large bowling pins.
(d) Scuba equipment.
5. After Reg talks to Richard and Dirk and explains the whole business about the horse, the ghost, the face powder, and quantum jumps, he mentions that:
(a) The powder gave him a rash.
(b) The ghost has left.
(c) The horse didn't want to leave.
(d) Quantum jumps add years to one's life.
6. At the end of the book, Dirk sends one more bill to Mrs. Sauskind; what is this bill for?
(a) Rescuing cat for the last time, no charge.
(b) Saving human race from total extinction, no charge.
(c) Saving planet from alien takeover, priceless.
(d) Rescuing the hundredth cat in his career, priceless.
7. As Richard and Dirk talk with the ancient alien ghost, trying to fully understand his story, Richard comes up with the theory that perhaps ghosts:
(a) Need to board an interdimensional limo.
(b) Exist like wave patterns.
(c) Live primarily on Jupiter.
(d) Fail to understand time.
8. After his phone conversation with Susan, Richard rushes over to Dirk and Reg to reveal what vital piece of information?
(a) Michael murdered Gordon.
(b) Michael murdered Ross.
(c) Gordon murdered Jonathan.
(d) Ross murdered Gordon.
9. With Michael now possessed by a ghost speaking through him, Dirk, Richard, and Reg learn what?
(a) Michael frequently dabbled in sorcery.
(b) Michael was easier to control than Reg or Richard were.
(c) The ghost is hungry for a plate of sardines.
(d) The ghost has greatly enjoyed his experiences on Earth.
10. While Richard tries to explain to Susan who his friend Dirk Gently is, who arrives?
(b) Sergeant Gilks.
11. Reg's explanation of his magic tricks reveals that he has been:
(b) Time traveling.
(c) Abducted by aliens.
(d) Possessed by a ghost.
12. After Dirk saves the whole human race from extinction, what does he crave?
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) An orange.
(c) A pizza.
(d) A slice of apple pie.
13. After receiving the vital piece of information from Richard about a murder, Dirk realizes that the alien ghost was able to possess Michael because:
(a) Knew Ross well.
(b) Both had the intent to kill.
(c) Both missed Michael's magazine.
(d) Knew Gordon well.
14. Who was trying to use Dirk's agency telephone to make a call to Susan?
(c) Gordon's ghost.
(d) The alient ghost.
15. Reg's resistance to the poltergeist results in what?
(a) A twisted knot in the time-space continuum.
(b) Supernatural activity.
(c) The college board wanting to fire him.
(d) A broken, unusable time machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Richard can't go to the police, Dirk decides to do what?
2. The ancient alien ghost tells Richard that upon reading his article about music, he was what?
3. What is Reg's main reason for traveling through time?
4. When Dirk questions Richard about information revealed under hypnosis, he first asks about what?
5. Reg replies "You're standing in it" in response to Dirk's question of where is the what?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)