|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, what does Dirk say to Reg about his secret?
(a) The whole world already knows it.
(b) Dirk already knows what it is.
(c) It's impossible to figure out.
(d) Reg could get arrested if the secret gets out.
2. What is the point of the blue squiggles Dirk writes on a piece of paper?
(a) He wants to recreate the energy diagrams of water.
(b) He wants to see if a hypnotized Richard can read them.
(c) He is trying to solve the problem of the conjuring trick.
(d) He is trying to communicate with the ghost.
3. As Richard and Dirk talk with the ancient alien ghost, trying to fully understand his story, Richard comes up with the theory that perhaps ghosts:
(a) Live primarily on Jupiter.
(b) Exist like wave patterns.
(c) Fail to understand time.
(d) Need to board an interdimensional limo.
4. Who was trying to use Dirk's agency telephone to make a call to Susan?
(b) Gordon's ghost.
(c) The alient ghost.
5. When Reg tells his story to Richard and Dirk, he says he's so old that:
(a) He makes the chancellor look young.
(b) He doesn't remember who he is.
(c) He's seen the beginning and end of countless nations.
(d) His gray hair has turned gray twenty times over.
6. The world that the ancient alien came from is what?
(a) Violent and troubled.
(b) Peaceful and calm.
(c) Small and independent.
(d) Beautiful and blue.
7. What does Sergeant Gilks determine after listening to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment?
(a) Dirk's connection to Gordon.
(b) Gordon's time of death.
(c) The reason for Reg's reluctance to talk about Gordon.
(d) Richard's reason for wanting Gordon dead.
8. When Dirk brings up the matter of Richard's sofa, Richard is appalled, since he feels they should be talking about what instead?
(b) Gordon's death.
(c) Susan's new boyfriend.
(d) Time travel.
9. What is Reg's main reason for traveling through time?
(a) To watch shows he has missed.
(b) To correct the past.
(c) To hide when necessary.
(d) To make his magic tricks possible.
10. Dirk insists on talking about Richard's sofa with him because he firmly believes that:
(a) The sofa is an alien in disguise.
(b) Someone has hidden a message inside the sofa.
(c) All things are fundamentally interconnected.
(d) All conversations lead to answers.
11. When the time machine leaves the rain forest and heads back to Cambridge, a knock on the door reveals Michael standing there with what?
(a) Large bowling pins.
(b) A tray of sushi.
(c) Scuba equipment.
(d) A wheelbarrow.
12. After waking up from unusual dreams, pondering the events of the night before, and realizing he has no lunch date planned, what does Michael Wenton-Weakes do?
(a) Goes upstairs and listens to music.
(b) Calls Susan and asks if she's still seeing Richard.
(c) Writes a poem about Gordon Way.
(d) Takes out his cello and starts playing a sad tune.
13. According to the alien ghost's explanation, what has been orbiting Earth undetected since the explosion that killed him and his friends?
(a) A feeble ghost of his exploded ship.
(b) The mothership.
(c) The Electric Monk's ship.
(d) A giant beach ball.
14. Why does Dirk get an unusual phone with big red push-buttons?
(a) It was on sale.
(b) He had thrown his previous phone out the window.
(c) To make his agency look more reputable.
(d) So that a ghost can use it easily.
15. When Richard goes to Susan's place to comfort her after her brother's death, he finds her doing what?
(a) Looking at photo albums.
(b) Playing the cello.
(c) Talking on the phone.
(d) Staring out the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. With Michael now possessed by a ghost speaking through him, Dirk, Richard, and Reg learn what?
2. After Dirk saves the whole human race from extinction, what does he crave?
3. What haunted the ancient alien ghost as he haunted Earth?
4. At Richard's place, Detective Inspector Mason is accompanied by Sergeant Gilks, who is:
5. Reg replies "You're standing in it" in response to Dirk's question of where is the what?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)