|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the glowing object that is stuck on primordial Earth?
(d) Time travels.
2. What does Richard do right after Reg explains there's a horse in the upstairs bathroom?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Calls his attorney.
(d) Tackles him.
3. As he searches for a door in the valley, the Electric Monk is temporarily distracted by a what?
(a) Rock painting.
(b) Giant scorpion.
(c) Flying saucer.
(d) Blue horse.
4. During his finals, Dirk makes a bet to try to disprove what?
(a) Rumors of his psychic abilities.
(b) Rumors of tampered recipes.
(c) The theory of relativity.
(d) The necessity of Electric Monks.
5. Reg explains to Richard that his position was created by King George the Third to answer what?
(a) Why things happen in sequence.
(b) How much tea one person can drink.
(c) Which came first, chickens or ostriches.
(d) Where to go for emergencies.
6. When he was living, what did the alien ghost driven to madness hope to accomplish on Earth?
(a) Open an etiquette school.
(b) Establish a utopian paradise.
(c) Change the value of pi.
(d) Meet the smartest human on the planet.
7. Richard accuses Dirk of doing what?
(a) Killing Gordon and stealing the body.
(b) Incorrectly reprogramming Electric Monks.
(c) Changing his name to avoid paying taxes.
(d) Running a scam and stealing old ladies' money.
8. What is the relationship between Richard MacDuff and private investigator Dirk Gently?
(a) Richard is Dirk's old college friend.
(b) Richard is Dirk's robot assistant.
(c) Richard is Dirk's long-lost twin brother.
(d) Richard is Dirk's hundred-year-old mentor.
9. Who had told Richard about L'Esprit d'Escalier?
10. How old is the alien ghost that roams Earth filled with guilt and loneliness?
(a) Three years.
(b) Ninety-nine billion eight hundred million nine hundred thousand.
(c) Dozens of days.
(d) Millions of years.
11. After Dirk finally stops talking on the phone and welcomes Richard to his agency, he indicates that the light from the window works, gravity works, but with everything else, they simply have to:
(a) Hope for the best possible outcome.
(b) Close their eyes and imagine it.
(c) Take their chances.
(d) Pay the bill.
12. Urban Chronotis is Regius Professor of what?
13. What does Kate Anselm, a programmer, tell Richard when she calls him as he's hunting for Dirk Gently's phone number?
(a) She can't finish her dinner.
(b) She can't reach Susan.
(c) She can't reach Gordon.
(d) She can't finish her work.
14. After Dirk Gently calls Richard and scolds him for going to the window and allowing himself to be photographed, he tells Richard to meet him where?
(b) Pizza place.
(d) Coffee shop.
15. After Gordon dies and steps out of his body, what does he find surprising?
(a) He's still conscious.
(b) He can fly.
(c) People can see him.
(d) His car is intact.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Gordon Way related to Susan, the cellist?
2. What happens as the Electric Monk wonders what to do about Gordon, about his own missing horse, and about his belief systems?
3. As the Electric Monk sits atop his horse in a valley on a foreign world, he incorrectly believes that the valley is what?
4. When Richard goes out to meet Dirk at their designated meeting spot after talking with Susan, he discovers that:
5. In college, why do fellow students start to wine and dine Dirk?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)