|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Gordon's ghost arrives at his seven-bedroom cottage, he faints upon discovering what in the kitchen?
(a) Richard's tape recorder.
(b) His missing cat.
(c) His missing body.
(d) Susan's cello.
2. In Chapter 13, who is the person spying with the binoculars?
3. How does Gordon Way die at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) By shotgun.
(b) Falling off a cliff.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Chokes on a cracker.
4. During his finals, Dirk makes a bet to try to disprove what?
(a) Rumors of his psychic abilities.
(b) The theory of relativity.
(c) Rumors of tampered recipes.
(d) The necessity of Electric Monks.
5. After Richard sees the horse in Reg's bathroom, he leaves and knocks on a neighbor's door. Who answers?
(a) The professor nobody has spoken to in years.
(b) The little girl who kicked the table at the Coleridge dinner.
(c) His ex-girlfriend.
(d) His ex-boss.
6. After finding the address for Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and going there, Richard arrives in time to see Dirk's unpaid secretary do what?
(a) Storm out.
(b) Throw files out the window.
(c) Steal Dirk's stapler.
(d) Shatter Dirk's tea cup.
7. In Dirk's office, he and Richard talk about Schrodinger's Cat, which is what?
(a) A French restaurant Gordon frequents.
(b) A collage made of discarded computer parts.
(c) A cat cloned three hundred fifty-two times.
(d) An illustration of probabilities at the quantum level.
8. Michael Wenton-Weakes spends much of his time brooding over the loss of what?
(a) His magazine.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His mansion.
(d) His girlfriend.
9. What happens to the glowing object that is stuck on primordial Earth?
(b) Time travels.
10. As the Electric Monk's belief in a door in the valley solidifies into the notion that the Door is The Way, what happens?
(a) The world turns purple.
(b) He finds the door.
(c) Snow starts to fall.
(d) His horse disappears.
11. What command does the college porter give to a "strange priest" who turns out to be the Electric Monk?
(a) Shove off.
(b) Go fly a kite.
(c) Get lost.
(d) Shoot off.
12. At the opening of Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff is walking across the campus of St. Cedd's with whom?
(a) Detective Svlad Cjelli.
(b) Cellist Susan Way.
(c) Professor Urban Chronotis.
(d) CEO Gordon Way.
13. The Electric Monk has taken Gordon's body back to his cottage as a sacred duty, but he doesn't understand why Gordon didn't get back up the way:
(a) People do on TV in his world.
(b) His horse gets up after being shot.
(c) People get up after sleeping.
(d) Electric Monks always get back up.
14. In Chapter 3, Susan Way tells Michael to do what?
(a) Never call again.
(b) Meet her at the Tangiers Club.
(c) Pick up an olive pizza.
(d) Leave a package at the Brazil Club.
15. When the Coleridge dinner finally ends, where does Richard MacDuff go?
(a) Gordon's temporary office.
(b) Reg's small apartment.
(c) His own temporary living quarters.
(d) Dirk's small office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dirk is arrested and thrown out of college for:
2. As he searches for a door in the valley, the Electric Monk is temporarily distracted by a what?
3. At first, Dirk Gently wants to help the roaming alien ghost using what?
4. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
5. At the start of Chapter 13, someone scans the sky with his binoculars and spots something that appears to be what?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)