|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Susan walks into her apartment after Richard has listened to parts of her answering machine tape, what does she do?
(a) Drops her bag of groceries.
(b) Throws her purse at him.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Slaps him.
2. Richard writes Anthem, a financial spreadsheet that translates business financial numbers, into what?
(a) Plain English.
(c) Health predictions.
3. How does the horse regard the Electric Monk that rides it?
(a) It is eager to follow the rider's orders.
(b) It feels it is infinitely smarter and more attractive than the rider.
(c) It admires and respects the rider greatly.
(d) It is tired of putting up with the rider's silly situations.
4. Richard accuses Dirk of doing what?
(a) Killing Gordon and stealing the body.
(b) Changing his name to avoid paying taxes.
(c) Incorrectly reprogramming Electric Monks.
(d) Running a scam and stealing old ladies' money.
5. As the Electric Monk's belief in a door in the valley solidifies into the notion that the Door is The Way, what happens?
(a) Snow starts to fall.
(b) The world turns purple.
(c) His horse disappears.
(d) He finds the door.
6. In Chapter 12, as a lost Richard drives down the road trying to read his maps, he's also trying to place a phone call with whom?
7. In Chapter 13, who is the person spying with the binoculars?
8. What kind of car does Richard MacDuff drive?
(a) Black Saab.
(b) Blue Audi.
(c) Silver Ferrari.
(d) Red Camaro.
9. Why does Dirk offer Richard his services as a detective?
(a) Police suspect Richard of stealing a horse.
(b) Richard is afraid Susan is seeing Michael behind his back.
(c) Richard's cat has been missing since Easter.
(d) Police suspect Richard of being involved in Gordon's murder.
10. After Richard apologizes to Susan and she vents some of her anger, she tells him she has to work that weekend and:
(a) Forgives him.
(b) Tickles him.
(c) Kicks him out.
(d) Tells him to bring a pizza.
11. What is the Electric Monk?
(a) An imaginary friend manifesting itself as electricity.
(b) A thief posing as a religious monk.
(c) A device that believes things for people.
(d) A robotic spiritual cook.
12. How does Reg amuse a little girl named Sarah who is bored at the dinner party in Chapter 4?
(a) Doing mathematical tricks.
(b) Making things disappear and reappear.
(c) Juggling five fruits at the same time.
(d) Singing silly songs.
13. After Richard has tampered with Susan's answering machine, she walks in with whom?
14. In college, why do fellow students start to wine and dine Dirk?
(a) They need his help in solving crime cases.
(b) To keep him from doing well in his classes.
(c) To learn more about future exams.
(d) They enjoy his company.
15. At the start of Chapter 13, someone scans the sky with his binoculars and spots something that appears to be what?
(a) Alien spaceship.
(b) Shooting star.
(c) Amateur burglar attempt.
(d) Secret parachute landing.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Richard drives and leaves a lengthy message of apology on Susan's answering machine, he swerves because he sees what?
2. Michael Wenton-Weakes spends much of his time brooding over the loss of what?
3. After Gordon's ghost arrives at his seven-bedroom cottage, he faints upon discovering what in the kitchen?
4. While Gordon Way drives his car and leaves a lengthy phone message for Susan, what does he hear?
5. In Chapter 3, Susan Way tells Michael to do what?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)