|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Gordon dies and steps out of his body, what does he find surprising?
(a) He can fly.
(b) People can see him.
(c) His car is intact.
(d) He's still conscious.
2. In Chapter 13, who breaks into someone's apartment?
3. What is the relationship between Richard MacDuff and private investigator Dirk Gently?
(a) Richard is Dirk's robot assistant.
(b) Richard is Dirk's long-lost twin brother.
(c) Richard is Dirk's old college friend.
(d) Richard is Dirk's hundred-year-old mentor.
4. What happens after the Electric Monk and his horse walk through a small wooden door in the valley?
(a) The horse turns into a dog.
(b) The world turns blue.
(c) A figure who was hiding appears and heads to the door.
(d) An angel who had been watching, flies away.
5. In Dirk's office, he and Richard talk about Schrodinger's Cat, which is what?
(a) A cat cloned three hundred fifty-two times.
(b) A French restaurant Gordon frequents.
(c) A collage made of discarded computer parts.
(d) An illustration of probabilities at the quantum level.
6. In Chapter 8, what does Richard MacDuff say has been stuck in his hallway for three weeks?
(a) Queen bed.
(d) Washing machine.
7. How does Dirk Cjelli make a name for himself while he's in college?
(a) Through his ability to sleep thirty hours straight.
(b) Through his ability to read tea leaves.
(c) By inventing the precursor to the Electric Monk.
(d) By denying stories about his psychic abilities.
8. Urban Chronotis is Regius Professor of what?
9. As the Electric Monk continues to stare at the presumed pinkness of the valley below him, what comes to his mind?
(a) The idea that pink is a pretty color.
(b) The recollection that he hasn't eaten in months.
(c) Fear that he will never move again.
(d) Doubt regarding its pinkness.
10. Who is Michael Wenton-Weakes' father?
(a) Sir Rothington.
(b) Judge Barton.
(c) Count Olen.
(d) Lord Magna.
11. How does the horse regard the Electric Monk that rides it?
(a) It is tired of putting up with the rider's silly situations.
(b) It is eager to follow the rider's orders.
(c) It admires and respects the rider greatly.
(d) It feels it is infinitely smarter and more attractive than the rider.
12. When Reg prepares tea for Richard, he ends up spilling it all over the floor. What causes him to do this?
(a) His hands fell asleep.
(b) Time warp.
(c) He's startled by a noise.
13. At first, Dirk Gently wants to help the roaming alien ghost using what?
(c) Time machine.
(d) Fortune teller.
14. How is Gordon Way related to Susan, the cellist?
15. How old is the alien ghost that roams Earth filled with guilt and loneliness?
(a) Millions of years.
(b) Ninety-nine billion eight hundred million nine hundred thousand.
(c) Dozens of days.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had told Richard about L'Esprit d'Escalier?
2. Reg explains to Richard that his position was created by King George the Third to answer what?
3. During his finals, Dirk makes a bet to try to disprove what?
4. When Richard calls Susan to apologize for forgetting to bring her to the college dinner, he suggests they do what?
5. With Richard at his detective agency, Dirk talks by phone to a woman whose cat he found and tries to convince her to do what?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)