|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Electric Monk sits perfectly still atop his horse in a valley on a foreign world, how does everything looks to him?
2. How is Gordon Way related to Susan, the cellist?
3. Reg's memory is starting to fade, but he's still good at what?
(a) Magic tricks.
(b) Shakespeare recitations.
(c) Number recall.
(d) Fruit juggling.
4. After Dirk Gently calls Richard and scolds him for going to the window and allowing himself to be photographed, he tells Richard to meet him where?
(c) Coffee shop.
(d) Pizza place.
5. As Gordon heads towards his cabin, he's disappointed that as a ghost, he can't do what?
(a) Wail or moan.
(b) Float or drift.
(c) Pass through walls.
(d) Leave this town.
6. As the Electric Monk looks across a vast valley, he begins to imagine that he'll find a door here leading to where?
(a) A fast-food restaurant.
(b) The inside of the moon.
(c) A distant world.
(d) The factory where he was made.
7. In Chapter 13, who breaks into someone's apartment?
8. When Susan walks into her apartment after Richard has listened to parts of her answering machine tape, what does she do?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Drops her bag of groceries.
(d) Throws her purse at him.
9. The author notes that even though a rider may sit on a horse all day long and not think about the creature, the one being sat upon:
(a) Thinks the one sitting upon it is selfish and stubborn.
(b) Wants a break now and again.
(c) Can't help but form an opinion of the one sitting upon it.
(d) Would like the roles to be reversed.
10. How does Dirk Cjelli make a name for himself while he's in college?
(a) By inventing the precursor to the Electric Monk.
(b) Through his ability to read tea leaves.
(c) Through his ability to sleep thirty hours straight.
(d) By denying stories about his psychic abilities.
11. At the opening of Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff is walking across the campus of St. Cedd's with whom?
(a) Cellist Susan Way.
(b) Professor Urban Chronotis.
(c) CEO Gordon Way.
(d) Detective Svlad Cjelli.
12. Richard accuses Dirk of doing what?
(a) Running a scam and stealing old ladies' money.
(b) Changing his name to avoid paying taxes.
(c) Incorrectly reprogramming Electric Monks.
(d) Killing Gordon and stealing the body.
13. Who tells Richard that Gordon was murdered?
14. Why does the founder of WayForward Technologies like to call people and leave long, rambling messages on their answering machines?
(a) To keep employees on their toes.
(b) To think ideas through.
(c) To keep from feeling lonely.
(d) To get them to answer their phones.
15. What does the roaming alien ghost who is driven mad with guilt and loneliness want?
(a) To go back in time to correct a mistake he made.
(b) To jump into another dimension where his friends are.
(c) A meeting with the president of the universe.
(d) A date with the female of his dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his finals, Dirk makes a bet to try to disprove what?
2. As the Electric Monk continues to stare at the presumed pinkness of the valley below him, what comes to his mind?
3. Urban Chronotis is Regius Professor of what?
4. Thinking about the figure in his trunk, a ghostly Gordon wonders if it really was wearing what?
5. One of Dirk's roommates notices that he's reciting what while he sleeps?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)