|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard sees what appears to be someone lugging a body into a field, he dismisses this as merely what?
(a) An actor practicing his improv.
(b) A farmer carrying a sackful of something nutritious.
(c) A man dressed as Santa bringing home presents.
(d) A landscaper carrying a bag of clippings.
2. What does the roaming alien ghost who is driven mad with guilt and loneliness want?
(a) To jump into another dimension where his friends are.
(b) A date with the female of his dreams.
(c) A meeting with the president of the universe.
(d) To go back in time to correct a mistake he made.
3. During his finals, Dirk makes a bet to try to disprove what?
(a) Rumors of tampered recipes.
(b) The necessity of Electric Monks.
(c) The theory of relativity.
(d) Rumors of his psychic abilities.
4. At first, Dirk Gently wants to help the roaming alien ghost using what?
(a) Time machine.
(d) Fortune teller.
5. What is the Electric Monk?
(a) An imaginary friend manifesting itself as electricity.
(b) A thief posing as a religious monk.
(c) A robotic spiritual cook.
(d) A device that believes things for people.
6. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
(a) The shortest of the year.
(b) Filled with angry phone calls.
(c) The last of his life.
(d) Filled with unusual weather.
7. Richard writes Anthem, a financial spreadsheet that translates business financial numbers, into what?
(c) Plain English.
(d) Health predictions.
8. The Electric Monk has taken Gordon's body back to his cottage as a sacred duty, but he doesn't understand why Gordon didn't get back up the way:
(a) People get up after sleeping.
(b) Electric Monks always get back up.
(c) People do on TV in his world.
(d) His horse gets up after being shot.
9. As a ghostly Gordon makes his way to his cabin, he wonders what will happen to his what?
10. While Richard drives and leaves a lengthy message of apology on Susan's answering machine, he swerves because he sees what?
(a) A purple spaceship.
(b) The specter of Gordon Way.
(c) A horse and strange-looking monk.
(d) Reg's time machine.
11. At the start of Chapter 3, what is Susan Way waiting for?
(a) Sign from above.
(b) Phone call or doorbell.
(c) Pizza delivery.
(d) Pay raise or promotion.
12. When Richard talks with Reg in Chapter 8, he indicates that he's in a relationship with whom?
(a) Susan Way.
(b) Padma Singh.
(c) Kubla Kahn.
(d) Kate Anselm.
13. What happens to the glowing object that is stuck on primordial Earth?
(b) Time travels.
14. At the start of Chapter 13, someone scans the sky with his binoculars and spots something that appears to be what?
(a) Alien spaceship.
(b) Shooting star.
(c) Secret parachute landing.
(d) Amateur burglar attempt.
15. One of Dirk's roommates notices that he's reciting what while he sleeps?
(a) Songs written thousands of years ago.
(b) Ingredients of secret recipes.
(c) Questions on upcoming midterms.
(d) Phone numbers of everyone on campus.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Electric Monk is:
2. As the Electric Monk looks across a vast valley, he begins to imagine that he'll find a door here leading to where?
3. In Chapter 7, when Gordon Way stops to fill his car with petrol, what else does he do?
4. Once Dirk and Richard realize what the alien ghost wants, they set out to do what?
5. Why does Dirk offer Richard his services as a detective?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)