|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a dead Gordon decides to try to get to his cabin, what does he notice about his body?
(a) It's twitching.
(b) It has moved twenty feet.
(c) It doesn't look like him.
(d) It's missing.
2. At the start of Chapter 13, someone scans the sky with his binoculars and spots something that appears to be what?
(a) Shooting star.
(b) Secret parachute landing.
(c) Alien spaceship.
(d) Amateur burglar attempt.
3. How is Gordon Way related to Susan, the cellist?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Richard MacDuff say has been stuck in his hallway for three weeks?
(b) Queen bed.
(d) Washing machine.
5. When a client calls Dirk to complain about charges, Dirk writes a note to Richard asking him to go get what?
(b) His briefcase.
(d) His secretary.
6. After Gordon dies and steps out of his body, what does he find surprising?
(a) People can see him.
(b) His car is intact.
(c) He's still conscious.
(d) He can fly.
7. Michael Wenton-Weakes spends much of his time brooding over the loss of what?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His mansion.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His magazine.
8. What is the relationship between Richard MacDuff and private investigator Dirk Gently?
(a) Richard is Dirk's hundred-year-old mentor.
(b) Richard is Dirk's old college friend.
(c) Richard is Dirk's long-lost twin brother.
(d) Richard is Dirk's robot assistant.
9. Why does the founder of WayForward Technologies like to call people and leave long, rambling messages on their answering machines?
(a) To get them to answer their phones.
(b) To keep employees on their toes.
(c) To think ideas through.
(d) To keep from feeling lonely.
10. After Gordon dies and looks at his body, what upsets him?
(a) His clothes don't match.
(b) The big hole in his chest.
(c) The stupid expression on his face.
(d) His jewelry is missing.
11. What happens to the glowing object that is stuck on primordial Earth?
(b) Time travels.
12. How does Reg amuse a little girl named Sarah who is bored at the dinner party in Chapter 4?
(a) Doing mathematical tricks.
(b) Singing silly songs.
(c) Making things disappear and reappear.
(d) Juggling five fruits at the same time.
13. In Chapter 12, as a lost Richard drives down the road trying to read his maps, he's also trying to place a phone call with whom?
14. As the Electric Monk continues to stare at the presumed pinkness of the valley below him, what comes to his mind?
(a) Doubt regarding its pinkness.
(b) The idea that pink is a pretty color.
(c) The recollection that he hasn't eaten in months.
(d) Fear that he will never move again.
15. What does Richard do right after Reg explains there's a horse in the upstairs bathroom?
(a) Calls his attorney.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Tackles him.
(d) Slaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Gordon Way drives his car and leaves a lengthy phone message for Susan, what does he hear?
2. How old is the alien ghost that roams Earth filled with guilt and loneliness?
3. After Michael Wenton-Weakes' father dies, who takes over the family publishing business?
4. Thinking about the figure in his trunk, a ghostly Gordon wonders if it really was wearing what?
5. In Chapter 3, Susan Way tells Michael to do what?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)