|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founded WayForward Technologies?
(a) Susan Way.
(b) Dirk Gently.
(c) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(d) Gordon Way.
2. When Richard calls Susan to apologize for forgetting to bring her to the college dinner, he suggests they do what?
(a) Get away to someplace sunny for a weekend or week.
(b) Split up for a while and think things over.
(c) Get some fish and chips and watch a movie.
(d) Forget the whole thing happened and start over.
3. How does Reg amuse a little girl named Sarah who is bored at the dinner party in Chapter 4?
(a) Singing silly songs.
(b) Doing mathematical tricks.
(c) Making things disappear and reappear.
(d) Juggling five fruits at the same time.
4. The author notes that even though a rider may sit on a horse all day long and not think about the creature, the one being sat upon:
(a) Wants a break now and again.
(b) Thinks the one sitting upon it is selfish and stubborn.
(c) Would like the roles to be reversed.
(d) Can't help but form an opinion of the one sitting upon it.
5. What kind of car does Gordon Way drive?
6. At the start of Chapter 13, someone scans the sky with his binoculars and spots something that appears to be what?
(a) Shooting star.
(b) Alien spaceship.
(c) Amateur burglar attempt.
(d) Secret parachute landing.
7. When the Electric Monk sits perfectly still atop his horse in a valley on a foreign world, how does everything looks to him?
8. As the Electric Monk looks across a vast valley, he begins to imagine that he'll find a door here leading to where?
(a) The inside of the moon.
(b) A distant world.
(c) The factory where he was made.
(d) A fast-food restaurant.
9. During his finals, Dirk makes a bet to try to disprove what?
(a) Rumors of tampered recipes.
(b) The theory of relativity.
(c) Rumors of his psychic abilities.
(d) The necessity of Electric Monks.
10. Who is Michael Wenton-Weakes' father?
(a) Sir Rothington.
(b) Judge Barton.
(c) Lord Magna.
(d) Count Olen.
11. In college, why do fellow students start to wine and dine Dirk?
(a) They need his help in solving crime cases.
(b) To keep him from doing well in his classes.
(c) To learn more about future exams.
(d) They enjoy his company.
12. After Gordon dies and steps out of his body, what does he find surprising?
(a) His car is intact.
(b) People can see him.
(c) He's still conscious.
(d) He can fly.
13. Who does Michael Wenton-Weakes blame for stealing his magazine?
14. Richard accuses Dirk of doing what?
(a) Running a scam and stealing old ladies' money.
(b) Incorrectly reprogramming Electric Monks.
(c) Changing his name to avoid paying taxes.
(d) Killing Gordon and stealing the body.
15. After a dead Gordon decides to try to get to his cabin, what does he notice about his body?
(a) It's twitching.
(b) It doesn't look like him.
(c) It's missing.
(d) It has moved twenty feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Michael Wenton-Weakes' father dies, who takes over the family publishing business?
2. What kind of car does Richard MacDuff drive?
3. The Electric Monk is:
4. After Gordon's ghost arrives at his seven-bedroom cottage, he faints upon discovering what in the kitchen?
5. As Gordon heads towards his cabin, he's disappointed that as a ghost, he can't do what?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)