|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff attends a dinner held in honor of whom?
(a) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(b) The Electric Monk.
(c) Dirk Cjelli.
(d) King George the Third.
2. In Chapter 3, Susan Way tells Michael to do what?
(a) Pick up an olive pizza.
(b) Never call again.
(c) Meet her at the Tangiers Club.
(d) Leave a package at the Brazil Club.
3. How does Reg amuse a little girl named Sarah who is bored at the dinner party in Chapter 4?
(a) Singing silly songs.
(b) Juggling five fruits at the same time.
(c) Making things disappear and reappear.
(d) Doing mathematical tricks.
4. After Richard sees the horse in Reg's bathroom, he leaves and knocks on a neighbor's door. Who answers?
(a) His ex-boss.
(b) The professor nobody has spoken to in years.
(c) The little girl who kicked the table at the Coleridge dinner.
(d) His ex-girlfriend.
5. After Richard apologizes to Susan and she vents some of her anger, she tells him she has to work that weekend and:
(a) Tickles him.
(b) Tells him to bring a pizza.
(c) Kicks him out.
(d) Forgives him.
6. What is the Electric Monk?
(a) A device that believes things for people.
(b) A thief posing as a religious monk.
(c) An imaginary friend manifesting itself as electricity.
(d) A robotic spiritual cook.
7. When he was living, what did the alien ghost driven to madness hope to accomplish on Earth?
(a) Establish a utopian paradise.
(b) Change the value of pi.
(c) Meet the smartest human on the planet.
(d) Open an etiquette school.
8. With whom does Richard MacDuff walk to a dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) His half-brother.
(b) His former college tutor.
(c) His friend's ex-girlfriend.
(d) His former employer.
9. When Richard wakes up at the start of Chapter 16, he decides to make it up to Susan by doing what?
(a) Buying her an expensive computer.
(b) Buying her expensive jewelry.
(c) Taking her to an expensive restaurant.
(d) Taking her on an expensive cruise.
10. The author notes that even though a rider may sit on a horse all day long and not think about the creature, the one being sat upon:
(a) Can't help but form an opinion of the one sitting upon it.
(b) Thinks the one sitting upon it is selfish and stubborn.
(c) Would like the roles to be reversed.
(d) Wants a break now and again.
11. What kind of car does Richard MacDuff drive?
(a) Red Camaro.
(b) Silver Ferrari.
(c) Blue Audi.
(d) Black Saab.
12. After Dirk Gently calls Richard and scolds him for going to the window and allowing himself to be photographed, he tells Richard to meet him where?
(a) Pizza place.
(b) Coffee shop.
13. Reg explains to Richard that his position was created by King George the Third to answer what?
(a) How much tea one person can drink.
(b) Why things happen in sequence.
(c) Which came first, chickens or ostriches.
(d) Where to go for emergencies.
14. When Richard leafs through the phone book looking for Dirk Gently's phone number, he:
(a) Has trouble finding it.
(b) Finds it under Dirk's former name.
(c) Finds twelve different numbers under the same name.
(d) Discovers that pages are missing from the phone book.
15. How old is the alien ghost that roams Earth filled with guilt and loneliness?
(a) Ninety-nine billion eight hundred million nine hundred thousand.
(b) Millions of years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Dozens of days.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 13, someone scans the sky with his binoculars and spots something that appears to be what?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Richard MacDuff say has been stuck in his hallway for three weeks?
3. What happens after the Electric Monk and his horse walk through a small wooden door in the valley?
4. Who does Michael Wenton-Weakes blame for stealing his magazine?
5. Michael Wenton-Weakes spends much of his time brooding over the loss of what?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)