|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What command does the college porter give to a "strange priest" who turns out to be the Electric Monk?
(a) Shoot off.
(b) Get lost.
(c) Go fly a kite.
(d) Shove off.
2. As the Electric Monk looks across a vast valley, he begins to imagine that he'll find a door here leading to where?
(a) A distant world.
(b) The factory where he was made.
(c) A fast-food restaurant.
(d) The inside of the moon.
3. During his finals, Dirk makes a bet to try to disprove what?
(a) The necessity of Electric Monks.
(b) Rumors of tampered recipes.
(c) The theory of relativity.
(d) Rumors of his psychic abilities.
4. Richard writes Anthem, a financial spreadsheet that translates business financial numbers, into what?
(a) Plain English.
(d) Health predictions.
5. Dirk is arrested and thrown out of college for:
(a) Ridiculing the dean.
(b) Stealing food.
(c) Being too smart.
(d) Cheating during finals.
6. As the Electric Monk's belief in a door in the valley solidifies into the notion that the Door is The Way, what happens?
(a) Snow starts to fall.
(b) His horse disappears.
(c) The world turns purple.
(d) He finds the door.
7. At the dinner in Chapter 4, why does Sarah pass around a pot she found in Greece?
(a) She wants to know if it's worth anything.
(b) She's collecting money for a Greek school.
(c) She's secretly sending a message to Richard.
(d) She wants someone to translate the strange writing inside.
8. Why does Richard start to fall asleep at the dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) A reader is reciting a poem.
(b) He's eaten too much.
(c) The professor has hypnotized him.
(d) Harp music is playing.
9. While Richard drives and leaves a lengthy message of apology on Susan's answering machine, he swerves because he sees what?
(a) A purple spaceship.
(b) The specter of Gordon Way.
(c) A horse and strange-looking monk.
(d) Reg's time machine.
10. What does Kate Anselm, a programmer, tell Richard when she calls him as he's hunting for Dirk Gently's phone number?
(a) She can't finish her work.
(b) She can't reach Susan.
(c) She can't finish her dinner.
(d) She can't reach Gordon.
11. Who tells Richard that Gordon was murdered?
12. When Richard talks with Reg in Chapter 8, he indicates that he's in a relationship with whom?
(a) Kubla Kahn.
(b) Susan Way.
(c) Kate Anselm.
(d) Padma Singh.
13. When a client calls Dirk to complain about charges, Dirk writes a note to Richard asking him to go get what?
(a) His briefcase.
(c) His secretary.
14. At first, Dirk Gently wants to help the roaming alien ghost using what?
(c) Time machine.
(d) Fortune teller.
15. With whom does Richard MacDuff walk to a dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) His former college tutor.
(b) His half-brother.
(c) His former employer.
(d) His friend's ex-girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of Dirk's roommates notices that he's reciting what while he sleeps?
2. What kind of car does Richard MacDuff drive?
3. The Electric Monk has taken Gordon's body back to his cottage as a sacred duty, but he doesn't understand why Gordon didn't get back up the way:
4. With Richard at his detective agency, Dirk talks by phone to a woman whose cat he found and tries to convince her to do what?
5. While Gordon Way drives his car and leaves a lengthy phone message for Susan, what does he hear?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)