|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael Wenton-Weakes wakes up in a strange mood, he realizes that he had just dreamed about what?
(a) Sand, sun, and surf.
(b) Mud, loneliness, and strange crawling creatures.
(c) Radios, mixed messages, and purple flowers.
(d) Horses, pastures, and freedom.
2. When Richard leafs through the phone book looking for Dirk Gently's phone number, he:
(a) Finds twelve different numbers under the same name.
(b) Finds it under Dirk's former name.
(c) Has trouble finding it.
(d) Discovers that pages are missing from the phone book.
3. Even though he's a ghost, Gordon grows tired of walking down a deserted road and wonders if he might be able to do what?
(a) Teleport automatically.
(b) Drink chai tea.
(c) Sprout wings and fly.
(d) Hitch a ride.
4. One of Dirk's roommates notices that he's reciting what while he sleeps?
(a) Ingredients of secret recipes.
(b) Phone numbers of everyone on campus.
(c) Questions on upcoming midterms.
(d) Songs written thousands of years ago.
5. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
(a) Finding a pattern in the holistic interconnectedness of all things.
(b) Guessing why horses mysteriously end up in bathrooms.
(c) Tracking down and reprogramming Electronic Monks.
(d) Comparing fingerprints and footprints to find similarities between cases.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dirk tells Richard that under hypnosis, he was able to remember details he's not even aware of consciously, including a full description of what?
2. Why does Richard MacDuff dislike Michael Wenton-Weakes?
3. After Michael Wenton-Weakes' father dies, who takes over the family publishing business?
4. At the end of Chapter 17, what happens as the horse relishes its newfound freedom?
5. How does Gordon Way die at the end of Chapter 7?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)