|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard returns from doing an errand, he finds Dirk on the phone defending a trip to Bermuda, claiming that while he was there he successfully did what?
(a) Solved the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle.
(b) Traced the interconnectedness of all things.
(c) Found nineteen missing cats.
(d) Reprogrammed thirteen Electronic Monks.
2. After Dirk finally stops talking on the phone and welcomes Richard to his agency, he indicates that the light from the window works, gravity works, but with everything else, they simply have to:
(a) Hope for the best possible outcome.
(b) Take their chances.
(c) Pay the bill.
(d) Close their eyes and imagine it.
3. Reg explains to Richard that his position was created by King George the Third to answer what?
(a) Why things happen in sequence.
(b) Which came first, chickens or ostriches.
(c) How much tea one person can drink.
(d) Where to go for emergencies.
4. The author notes that even though a rider may sit on a horse all day long and not think about the creature, the one being sat upon:
(a) Thinks the one sitting upon it is selfish and stubborn.
(b) Can't help but form an opinion of the one sitting upon it.
(c) Would like the roles to be reversed.
(d) Wants a break now and again.
5. After waking up from unusual dreams, pondering the events of the night before, and realizing he has no lunch date planned, what does Michael Wenton-Weakes do?
(a) Calls Susan and asks if she's still seeing Richard.
(b) Goes upstairs and listens to music.
(c) Writes a poem about Gordon Way.
(d) Takes out his cello and starts playing a sad tune.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Electric Monk has taken Gordon's body back to his cottage as a sacred duty, but he doesn't understand why Gordon didn't get back up the way:
2. At the end of the book, when Richard hears Susan play the cello, he recognizes the music as:
3. When the little girl at the dinner party in Chapter 4 grows restless and kicks the table, what does her father do?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Richard MacDuff say has been stuck in his hallway for three weeks?
5. Who founded WayForward Technologies?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)