|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gordon Way leaves a message on Susan's answering machine, what does he request of her?
(a) To get Reg to stop doing his conspicuous tricks.
(b) To get Dirk on a case immediately.
(c) To get Michael to meet with him the following day.
(d) To get Richard working in earnest on Anthem.
2. As the Electric Monk's belief in a door in the valley solidifies into the notion that the Door is The Way, what happens?
(a) He finds the door.
(b) His horse disappears.
(c) The world turns purple.
(d) Snow starts to fall.
3. When Richard talks with Reg in Chapter 8, he indicates that he's in a relationship with whom?
(a) Kubla Kahn.
(b) Padma Singh.
(c) Kate Anselm.
(d) Susan Way.
4. As a ghostly Gordon makes his way to his cabin, he wonders what will happen to his what?
5. After Reg discusses the matter of getting the salt shaker into the old Greek pot, Dirk explains that:
(a) Richard doesn't yet know the secret.
(b) They have no time to waste.
(c) The police are still questioning Susan.
(d) He once got a teacup stuck in a jar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was trying to use Dirk's agency telephone to make a call to Susan?
2. Who had told Richard about L'Esprit d'Escalier?
3. Why did the alien's ship that landed on Earth several billion years ago explode?
4. How long has Reg been at Cambridge?
5. At the end of the story, Richard is able to make reservations for dinner with Susan at a very expensive, elite restaurant that's booked three weeks in advance by doing what?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)