|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the book, Richard has a phone conversation with Reg during which he learns that:
(a) Dirk took the time machine into the future.
(b) Reg took the Electric Monk and his horse back to their home.
(c) Gordon managed to leave Reg a message before vanishing.
(d) Reg is no longer in love with Susan.
2. Who had told Richard about L'Esprit d'Escalier?
3. The author notes that even though a rider may sit on a horse all day long and not think about the creature, the one being sat upon:
(a) Wants a break now and again.
(b) Can't help but form an opinion of the one sitting upon it.
(c) Would like the roles to be reversed.
(d) Thinks the one sitting upon it is selfish and stubborn.
4. As Richard and Dirk talk with the ancient alien ghost, trying to fully understand his story, Richard comes up with the theory that perhaps ghosts:
(a) Need to board an interdimensional limo.
(b) Fail to understand time.
(c) Exist like wave patterns.
(d) Live primarily on Jupiter.
5. Michael Wenton-Weakes spends much of his time brooding over the loss of what?
(a) His magazine.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sits next to three drunk men on a train that is full of party revelers from a wedding?
2. What is the relationship between Richard MacDuff and private investigator Dirk Gently?
3. At the opening of Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff is walking across the campus of St. Cedd's with whom?
4. The ghost explains that he was able to enter Samuel Taylor Coleridge's mind when he was what?
5. What is the point of the blue squiggles Dirk writes on a piece of paper?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)