|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard leaves Reg's place after seeing a horse in the bathroom, he notices that:
(a) There is a pile of hay on the front porch.
(b) There is a second identical horse standing by the front door.
(c) There are no cars parked in front of the house.
(d) There are no scratch marks from the horse's hooves by the front door.
2. After finding the address for Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and going there, Richard arrives in time to see Dirk's unpaid secretary do what?
(a) Shatter Dirk's tea cup.
(b) Steal Dirk's stapler.
(c) Storm out.
(d) Throw files out the window.
3. Reg's memory is starting to fade, but he's still good at what?
(a) Shakespeare recitations.
(b) Fruit juggling.
(c) Number recall.
(d) Magic tricks.
4. Since Richard can't go to the police, Dirk decides to do what?
(a) Hide Richard in the basement.
(b) Hypnotize Richard to learn the facts.
(c) Listen to the messages on Gordon's answering machine.
(d) Get more details from the Electronic Monk.
5. When Richard calls Susan to apologize for forgetting to bring her to the college dinner, he suggests they do what?
(a) Forget the whole thing happened and start over.
(b) Split up for a while and think things over.
(c) Get some fish and chips and watch a movie.
(d) Get away to someplace sunny for a weekend or week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the roaming alien ghost who is driven mad with guilt and loneliness want?
2. In Chapter 3, why is Susan Way angry with her boyfriend?
3. What does the ghost say about possessing Michael?
4. Reg's resistance to the poltergeist results in what?
5. Dirk insists on talking about Richard's sofa with him because he firmly believes that:
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)