|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, after Richard swerves wildly, slams on the brakes, and skids to a stop, he finds himself on the road:
(a) Underneath a tall truck.
(b) Hovering an inch above ground.
(c) Next to a flock of sheep.
(d) Facing the wrong way.
2. What happens to the glowing object that is stuck on primordial Earth?
(c) Time travels.
3. After Reg discusses the matter of getting the salt shaker into the old Greek pot, Dirk explains that:
(a) He once got a teacup stuck in a jar.
(b) The police are still questioning Susan.
(c) Richard doesn't yet know the secret.
(d) They have no time to waste.
4. When Richard checks where he is so that he can tell Susan by phone, he sees a black tower next to a river of mud. When he asks where they are, what is Dirk's reply?
(b) "The past."
(d) "Outer space."
5. In college, why do fellow students start to wine and dine Dirk?
(a) To learn more about future exams.
(b) To keep him from doing well in his classes.
(c) They need his help in solving crime cases.
(d) They enjoy his company.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, who is the person spying with the binoculars?
2. The ancient alien ghost that has possessed Michael Wenton-Weakes had been driven mad by what?
3. In talking to Reg, Dirk figures out that when Richard seemed hypnotized, he really was:
4. After Gordon dies and looks at his body, what upsets him?
5. Why does Dirk get an unusual phone with big red push-buttons?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)