|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, who breaks into someone's apartment?
2. After Gordon's death, how does Dirk manage to get into Richard's apartment?
(a) Fast-talking his way past the police.
(b) Using his invisibility shield.
(c) Hypnotizing the security guard.
(d) Shipping himself in a package.
3. The individual sitting with drunk men on the train full of party revelers is haunted by an ancient ghost who says that:
(a) His group came to Earth to build a paradise.
(b) His group came to Earth to destroy it.
(c) His group tried to reach another galaxy but ended up on Earth instead.
(d) His group tried to reach Venus but ended up on Earth instead.
4. Dirk hears Gordon's ghost on the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment. What does the ghost want?
(a) To have someone search his cottage.
(b) To leave a message on Richard's answering machine.
(c) To leave a message for Reg's associate.
(d) To have someone search his car.
5. After waking up from unusual dreams, pondering the events of the night before, and realizing he has no lunch date planned, what does Michael Wenton-Weakes do?
(a) Takes out his cello and starts playing a sad tune.
(b) Calls Susan and asks if she's still seeing Richard.
(c) Writes a poem about Gordon Way.
(d) Goes upstairs and listens to music.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the alien ghost's explanation, what has been orbiting Earth undetected since the explosion that killed him and his friends?
2. Why does Dirk get an unusual phone with big red push-buttons?
3. In this novel, what starts life on primordial Earth?
4. The Electric Monk has taken Gordon's body back to his cottage as a sacred duty, but he doesn't understand why Gordon didn't get back up the way:
5. When Reg tells his story to Richard and Dirk, he says he's so old that:
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)