|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a dead Gordon realizes that the phone line is still open and connected to his sister's answering machine, what does he do?
(a) Tosses the phone over the cliff.
(b) Hangs up so the killer doesn't find her.
(c) Tries to talk into the phone.
(d) Taps "SOS" in code.
2. In Chapter 7, when Gordon Way stops to fill his car with petrol, what else does he do?
(a) Overfills his tires with air.
(b) Finishes a phone call.
(c) Buys a pack of batteries.
(d) Talks to an unusual cat.
3. The ancient alien ghost explains that he and his party landed on Earth for what?
(a) To hide from their planet's police.
(b) To look for food.
(c) To start a new colony.
(d) To replenish mineral supplies.
4. When the little girl at the dinner party in Chapter 4 grows restless and kicks the table, what does her father do?
(a) Laughs loudly.
(b) Orders ice cream for her.
(c) Pretends not to notice.
(d) Scolds her.
5. When Michael Wenton-Weakes wakes up in a strange mood, he realizes that he had just dreamed about what?
(a) Mud, loneliness, and strange crawling creatures.
(b) Radios, mixed messages, and purple flowers.
(c) Sand, sun, and surf.
(d) Horses, pastures, and freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why is Susan Way angry with her boyfriend?
2. In Chapter 12, after Richard swerves wildly, slams on the brakes, and skids to a stop, he finds himself on the road:
3. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
4. When Reg tells his story to Richard and Dirk, he says he's so old that:
5. Who sits next to three drunk men on a train that is full of party revelers from a wedding?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)