|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What command does the college porter give to a "strange priest" who turns out to be the Electric Monk?
(a) Get lost.
(b) Go fly a kite.
(c) Shoot off.
(d) Shove off.
2. Why does Dirk offer Richard his services as a detective?
(a) Police suspect Richard of stealing a horse.
(b) Richard is afraid Susan is seeing Michael behind his back.
(c) Richard's cat has been missing since Easter.
(d) Police suspect Richard of being involved in Gordon's murder.
3. The author notes that even though a rider may sit on a horse all day long and not think about the creature, the one being sat upon:
(a) Would like the roles to be reversed.
(b) Wants a break now and again.
(c) Can't help but form an opinion of the one sitting upon it.
(d) Thinks the one sitting upon it is selfish and stubborn.
4. When Richard visits Susan to comfort her after Gordon's death, the phone rings; Richard answers it and hears what?
(a) Faint windy noise.
(b) Rhythmic clicking.
(c) Loud electric guitar.
(d) Cats meowing.
5. Dirk tells Richard that under hypnosis, he was able to remember details he's not even aware of consciously, including a full description of what?
(a) Gordon's car.
(b) Sarah's dress.
(c) Susan's apartment.
(d) Reg's horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his finals, Dirk makes a bet to try to disprove what?
2. When Gordon Way leaves a message on Susan's answering machine, what does he request of her?
3. In Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff attends a dinner held in honor of whom?
4. Why does Richard MacDuff dislike Michael Wenton-Weakes?
5. When Richard calls Susan to apologize for forgetting to bring her to the college dinner, he suggests they do what?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)