|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard presses Reg to explain how he got the salt shaker into the old Greek pot, and Reg replies that:
(a) He hasn't the slightest idea how he did it.
(b) He got the man who made the pot to put it in.
(c) It would take months to explain it.
(d) He mentally rearranged the atoms.
2. In this novel, what starts life on primordial Earth?
(a) An alien's accident.
(b) A sneezing astronaut.
(c) A stray soda can.
(d) A bacterium traveling back in time.
3. Dirk tells Richard that under hypnosis, he was able to remember details he's not even aware of consciously, including a full description of what?
(a) Susan's apartment.
(b) Sarah's dress.
(c) Reg's horse.
(d) Gordon's car.
4. Who is Michael Wenton-Weakes' father?
(a) Sir Rothington.
(b) Lord Magna.
(c) Judge Barton.
(d) Count Olen.
5. In college, why do fellow students start to wine and dine Dirk?
(a) To keep him from doing well in his classes.
(b) To learn more about future exams.
(c) They need his help in solving crime cases.
(d) They enjoy his company.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Reg tells his story to Richard and Dirk, he says he's so old that:
2. When Michael Wenton-Weakes digs into his wastebasket, he pulls out a copy of the magazine Fathom and finds what?
3. Where does Reg go to get face powder to conceal his tan?
4. While Gordon Way drives his car and leaves a lengthy phone message for Susan, what does he hear?
5. After Richard comes out of hypnosis, where does Dirk take him to talk about what he learned during the session?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)