|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this novel, what starts life on primordial Earth?
(a) A sneezing astronaut.
(b) A bacterium traveling back in time.
(c) An alien's accident.
(d) A stray soda can.
2. What happens as the Electric Monk wonders what to do about Gordon, about his own missing horse, and about his belief systems?
(a) Gordon's ghost appears to him.
(b) Dirk finds him and tries to reprogram his circuits.
(c) It begins to snow.
(d) Two men drop off his horse in the pasture.
3. When Richard goes to Susan's place to comfort her after her brother's death, he finds her doing what?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Looking at photo albums.
(c) Playing the cello.
(d) Staring out the window.
4. Richard writes Anthem, a financial spreadsheet that translates business financial numbers, into what?
(a) Plain English.
(d) Health predictions.
5. What does Dirk do when a police officer is about to saw Richard's sofa in half?
(a) Sends the officer back through time.
(b) Faints in order to cause a distraction.
(c) Transforms the saw into a butter knife.
(d) Orders him to guard the sofa instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his finals, Dirk makes a bet to try to disprove what?
2. As the Electric Monk continues to stare at the presumed pinkness of the valley below him, what comes to his mind?
3. When Richard goes out to meet Dirk at their designated meeting spot after talking with Susan, he discovers that:
4. When a client calls Dirk to complain about charges, Dirk writes a note to Richard asking him to go get what?
5. After Michael Wenton-Weakes' father dies, who takes over the family publishing business?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)