|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard goes to Susan's place to comfort her after her brother's death, he finds her doing what?
(a) Playing the cello.
(b) Looking at photo albums.
(c) Talking on the phone.
(d) Staring out the window.
2. While Richard drives and leaves a lengthy message of apology on Susan's answering machine, he swerves because he sees what?
(a) A purple spaceship.
(b) A horse and strange-looking monk.
(c) Reg's time machine.
(d) The specter of Gordon Way.
3. Richard presses Reg to explain how he got the salt shaker into the old Greek pot, and Reg replies that:
(a) He hasn't the slightest idea how he did it.
(b) He got the man who made the pot to put it in.
(c) It would take months to explain it.
(d) He mentally rearranged the atoms.
4. Who founded WayForward Technologies?
(a) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(b) Dirk Gently.
(c) Gordon Way.
(d) Susan Way.
5. As a light rain falls on primordial Earth, what is stuck as a river of mud flows past it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sergeant Gilks determine after listening to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment?
2. When Richard returns from doing an errand, he finds Dirk on the phone defending a trip to Bermuda, claiming that while he was there he successfully did what?
3. Why does Richard start to fall asleep at the dinner in Chapter 6?
4. While Richard tries to explain to Susan who his friend Dirk Gently is, who arrives?
5. What does Kate Anselm, a programmer, tell Richard when she calls him as he's hunting for Dirk Gently's phone number?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)