|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Reg amuse a little girl named Sarah who is bored at the dinner party in Chapter 4?
(a) Making things disappear and reappear.
(b) Juggling five fruits at the same time.
(c) Singing silly songs.
(d) Doing mathematical tricks.
2. Reg explains to Richard that his position was created by King George the Third to answer what?
(a) How much tea one person can drink.
(b) Where to go for emergencies.
(c) Why things happen in sequence.
(d) Which came first, chickens or ostriches.
3. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
(a) Finding a pattern in the holistic interconnectedness of all things.
(b) Guessing why horses mysteriously end up in bathrooms.
(c) Tracking down and reprogramming Electronic Monks.
(d) Comparing fingerprints and footprints to find similarities between cases.
4. When Richard sees what appears to be someone lugging a body into a field, he dismisses this as merely what?
(a) A landscaper carrying a bag of clippings.
(b) A man dressed as Santa bringing home presents.
(c) An actor practicing his improv.
(d) A farmer carrying a sackful of something nutritious.
5. When Gordon Way leaves a message on Susan's answering machine, what does he request of her?
(a) To get Michael to meet with him the following day.
(b) To get Dirk on a case immediately.
(c) To get Richard working in earnest on Anthem.
(d) To get Reg to stop doing his conspicuous tricks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this novel, what starts life on primordial Earth?
2. While Gordon Way drives his car and leaves a lengthy phone message for Susan, what does he hear?
3. How is Gordon Way related to Susan, the cellist?
4. Since Richard can't go to the police, Dirk decides to do what?
5. Even though he's a ghost, Gordon grows tired of walking down a deserted road and wonders if he might be able to do what?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)