|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Gordon Way drive?
2. What is the point of the blue squiggles Dirk writes on a piece of paper?
(a) He wants to recreate the energy diagrams of water.
(b) He is trying to communicate with the ghost.
(c) He wants to see if a hypnotized Richard can read them.
(d) He is trying to solve the problem of the conjuring trick.
3. The author notes that even though a rider may sit on a horse all day long and not think about the creature, the one being sat upon:
(a) Wants a break now and again.
(b) Would like the roles to be reversed.
(c) Thinks the one sitting upon it is selfish and stubborn.
(d) Can't help but form an opinion of the one sitting upon it.
4. During his finals, Dirk makes a bet to try to disprove what?
(a) The theory of relativity.
(b) Rumors of tampered recipes.
(c) The necessity of Electric Monks.
(d) Rumors of his psychic abilities.
5. The individual sitting with drunk men on the train full of party revelers is haunted by an ancient ghost who says that:
(a) His group tried to reach another galaxy but ended up on Earth instead.
(b) His group tried to reach Venus but ended up on Earth instead.
(c) His group came to Earth to build a paradise.
(d) His group came to Earth to destroy it.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Gordon heads towards his cabin, he's disappointed that as a ghost, he can't do what?
2. In this novel, what starts life on primordial Earth?
3. When Richard goes to Susan's place to comfort her after her brother's death, he finds her doing what?
4. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
5. When Michael Wenton-Weakes wakes up in a strange mood, he realizes that he had just dreamed about what?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)