|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Reg, Richard, and Dirk travel across time to a rain forest in Mauritius in 1676?
(a) To get away from the alien ghost.
(b) To save a type of iguana from extinction.
(c) To retrieve a watch Reg had left behind.
(d) To see a dodo bird.
2. Who founded WayForward Technologies?
(a) Susan Way.
(b) Dirk Gently.
(c) Gordon Way.
(d) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
3. What does Kate Anselm, a programmer, tell Richard when she calls him as he's hunting for Dirk Gently's phone number?
(a) She can't reach Susan.
(b) She can't finish her work.
(c) She can't finish her dinner.
(d) She can't reach Gordon.
4. When Richard returns from doing an errand, he finds Dirk on the phone defending a trip to Bermuda, claiming that while he was there he successfully did what?
(a) Traced the interconnectedness of all things.
(b) Solved the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle.
(c) Found nineteen missing cats.
(d) Reprogrammed thirteen Electronic Monks.
5. What does Dirk do when a police officer is about to saw Richard's sofa in half?
(a) Sends the officer back through time.
(b) Transforms the saw into a butter knife.
(c) Faints in order to cause a distraction.
(d) Orders him to guard the sofa instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Richard MacDuff and private investigator Dirk Gently?
2. In this novel, what starts life on primordial Earth?
3. In Chapter 12, as a lost Richard drives down the road trying to read his maps, he's also trying to place a phone call with whom?
4. What is the Electric Monk?
5. After Reg talks to Richard and Dirk and explains the whole business about the horse, the ghost, the face powder, and quantum jumps, he mentions that:
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)