|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Susan walks into her apartment after Richard has listened to parts of her answering machine tape, what does she do?
(a) Drops her bag of groceries.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Throws her purse at him.
2. At the dinner in Chapter 4, why does Sarah pass around a pot she found in Greece?
(a) She wants to know if it's worth anything.
(b) She wants someone to translate the strange writing inside.
(c) She's secretly sending a message to Richard.
(d) She's collecting money for a Greek school.
3. Reg's resistance to the poltergeist results in what?
(a) A broken, unusable time machine.
(b) The college board wanting to fire him.
(c) Supernatural activity.
(d) A twisted knot in the time-space continuum.
4. As the Electric Monk continues to stare at the presumed pinkness of the valley below him, what comes to his mind?
(a) Doubt regarding its pinkness.
(b) The recollection that he hasn't eaten in months.
(c) The idea that pink is a pretty color.
(d) Fear that he will never move again.
5. Dirk hears Gordon's ghost on the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment. What does the ghost want?
(a) To have someone search his car.
(b) To leave a message on Richard's answering machine.
(c) To leave a message for Reg's associate.
(d) To have someone search his cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate Anselm, a programmer, tell Richard when she calls him as he's hunting for Dirk Gently's phone number?
2. What three magic words has the Electric Monk been saying to people after listening to their troubles?
3. After Richard comes out of hypnosis, where does Dirk take him to talk about what he learned during the session?
4. When Michael Wenton-Weakes digs into his wastebasket, he pulls out a copy of the magazine Fathom and finds what?
5. When Richard talks with Reg in Chapter 8, he indicates that he's in a relationship with whom?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)