|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dirk finally stops talking on the phone and welcomes Richard to his agency, he indicates that the light from the window works, gravity works, but with everything else, they simply have to:
(a) Pay the bill.
(b) Hope for the best possible outcome.
(c) Take their chances.
(d) Close their eyes and imagine it.
2. When Richard calls L'Esprit d'Escalier, what does he find out?
(a) After a third robbery, the jewelry store has shut down.
(b) Nobody carries this computer model any longer.
(c) Reservations have to be made three weeks in advance.
(d) The cruise ship is retired from the fleet.
3. After a dead Gordon decides to try to get to his cabin, what does he notice about his body?
(a) It's missing.
(b) It's twitching.
(c) It has moved twenty feet.
(d) It doesn't look like him.
4. In college, why do fellow students start to wine and dine Dirk?
(a) They need his help in solving crime cases.
(b) To learn more about future exams.
(c) To keep him from doing well in his classes.
(d) They enjoy his company.
5. In Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff attends a dinner held in honor of whom?
(a) King George the Third.
(b) Dirk Cjelli.
(c) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(d) The Electric Monk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three magic words has the Electric Monk been saying to people after listening to their troubles?
2. When Richard talks with Reg in Chapter 8, he indicates that he's in a relationship with whom?
3. When Richard sees what appears to be someone lugging a body into a field, he dismisses this as merely what?
4. When Richard leaves Reg's place after seeing a horse in the bathroom, he notices that:
5. In Chapter 13, who breaks into someone's apartment?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)