|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the dinner in Chapter 4, why does Sarah pass around a pot she found in Greece?
(a) She's collecting money for a Greek school.
(b) She's secretly sending a message to Richard.
(c) She wants someone to translate the strange writing inside.
(d) She wants to know if it's worth anything.
2. In Chapter 12, as a lost Richard drives down the road trying to read his maps, he's also trying to place a phone call with whom?
3. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
(a) Tracking down and reprogramming Electronic Monks.
(b) Comparing fingerprints and footprints to find similarities between cases.
(c) Guessing why horses mysteriously end up in bathrooms.
(d) Finding a pattern in the holistic interconnectedness of all things.
4. At Richard's place, Detective Inspector Mason is accompanied by Sergeant Gilks, who is:
(a) The officer who found Richard on the road.
(b) Gordon's former college roommate.
(c) The person who got Dirk kicked out of college.
(d) Michael's half brother.
5. When Susan walks into her apartment after Richard has listened to parts of her answering machine tape, what does she do?
(a) Throws her purse at him.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Drops her bag of groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Richard tries to explain to Susan who his friend Dirk Gently is, who arrives?
2. While Gordon Way drives his car and leaves a lengthy phone message for Susan, what does he hear?
3. Reg explains to Richard that his position was created by King George the Third to answer what?
4. Why does Dirk get an unusual phone with big red push-buttons?
5. When the Coleridge dinner finally ends, where does Richard MacDuff go?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)