|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Richard sees the horse in Reg's bathroom, he leaves and knocks on a neighbor's door. Who answers?
(a) The professor nobody has spoken to in years.
(b) The little girl who kicked the table at the Coleridge dinner.
(c) His ex-boss.
(d) His ex-girlfriend.
2. The Electric Monk has taken Gordon's body back to his cottage as a sacred duty, but he doesn't understand why Gordon didn't get back up the way:
(a) His horse gets up after being shot.
(b) People get up after sleeping.
(c) Electric Monks always get back up.
(d) People do on TV in his world.
3. At the end of Chapter 17, what happens as the horse relishes its newfound freedom?
(a) The Electronic Monk brings it hay.
(b) The Electric Monk lands on its back.
(c) It meets three mysterious horses.
(d) It finds itself in another small bathroom.
4. With Richard at his detective agency, Dirk talks by phone to a woman whose cat he found and tries to convince her to do what?
(a) Recommend him to another client.
(b) Pay the bill.
(c) Feed her cat.
(d) Move to Moscow.
5. After Gordon's ghost arrives at his seven-bedroom cottage, he faints upon discovering what in the kitchen?
(a) His missing body.
(b) Susan's cello.
(c) His missing cat.
(d) Richard's tape recorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his finals, Dirk makes a bet to try to disprove what?
2. What does Richard do right after Reg explains there's a horse in the upstairs bathroom?
3. In this novel, what starts life on primordial Earth?
4. The author notes that even though a rider may sit on a horse all day long and not think about the creature, the one being sat upon:
5. When Dirk brings up the matter of Richard's sofa, Richard is appalled, since he feels they should be talking about what instead?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)