|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard talks with Reg in Chapter 8, he indicates that he's in a relationship with whom?
(a) Kate Anselm.
(b) Susan Way.
(c) Padma Singh.
(d) Kubla Kahn.
2. When Richard sees what appears to be someone lugging a body into a field, he dismisses this as merely what?
(a) A farmer carrying a sackful of something nutritious.
(b) An actor practicing his improv.
(c) A landscaper carrying a bag of clippings.
(d) A man dressed as Santa bringing home presents.
3. How does Dirk Cjelli make a name for himself while he's in college?
(a) By denying stories about his psychic abilities.
(b) By inventing the precursor to the Electric Monk.
(c) Through his ability to sleep thirty hours straight.
(d) Through his ability to read tea leaves.
4. What happens as the Electric Monk wonders what to do about Gordon, about his own missing horse, and about his belief systems?
(a) It begins to snow.
(b) Gordon's ghost appears to him.
(c) Two men drop off his horse in the pasture.
(d) Dirk finds him and tries to reprogram his circuits.
5. After waking up from unusual dreams, pondering the events of the night before, and realizing he has no lunch date planned, what does Michael Wenton-Weakes do?
(a) Calls Susan and asks if she's still seeing Richard.
(b) Goes upstairs and listens to music.
(c) Takes out his cello and starts playing a sad tune.
(d) Writes a poem about Gordon Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richard call Susan after Dirk gives him the details of Gordon's death a second time?
2. Gordon's ghost wakes up from his fainting spell by the sound of what?
3. How is Gordon Way related to Susan, the cellist?
4. In this novel, what starts life on primordial Earth?
5. What is the relationship between Richard MacDuff and private investigator Dirk Gently?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)