|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard wakes up at the start of Chapter 16, he decides to make it up to Susan by doing what?
(a) Taking her on an expensive cruise.
(b) Taking her to an expensive restaurant.
(c) Buying her expensive jewelry.
(d) Buying her an expensive computer.
2. In this novel, what starts life on primordial Earth?
(a) A sneezing astronaut.
(b) A bacterium traveling back in time.
(c) An alien's accident.
(d) A stray soda can.
3. What happens as the Electric Monk wonders what to do about Gordon, about his own missing horse, and about his belief systems?
(a) Two men drop off his horse in the pasture.
(b) Dirk finds him and tries to reprogram his circuits.
(c) Gordon's ghost appears to him.
(d) It begins to snow.
4. When Richard sees what appears to be someone lugging a body into a field, he dismisses this as merely what?
(a) An actor practicing his improv.
(b) A farmer carrying a sackful of something nutritious.
(c) A man dressed as Santa bringing home presents.
(d) A landscaper carrying a bag of clippings.
5. At the end of Chapter 17, what happens as the horse relishes its newfound freedom?
(a) The Electric Monk lands on its back.
(b) The Electronic Monk brings it hay.
(c) It meets three mysterious horses.
(d) It finds itself in another small bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Gordon's death, how does Dirk manage to get into Richard's apartment?
2. When Reg prepares tea for Richard, he ends up spilling it all over the floor. What causes him to do this?
3. As the Electric Monk looks across a vast valley, he begins to imagine that he'll find a door here leading to where?
4. What happens when Richard scans Susan Way's answering machine tape in search of his own message?
5. After Michael Wenton-Weakes' father dies, who takes over the family publishing business?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)