|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With Richard at his detective agency, Dirk talks by phone to a woman whose cat he found and tries to convince her to do what?
(a) Move to Moscow.
(b) Feed her cat.
(c) Recommend him to another client.
(d) Pay the bill.
2. When Richard sees what appears to be someone lugging a body into a field, he dismisses this as merely what?
(a) An actor practicing his improv.
(b) A landscaper carrying a bag of clippings.
(c) A man dressed as Santa bringing home presents.
(d) A farmer carrying a sackful of something nutritious.
3. Why does Richard call Susan after Dirk gives him the details of Gordon's death a second time?
(a) Richard fears for Susan's life.
(b) Dirk tells Richard that Susan is looking for him.
(c) Susan and Richard are supposed to be on a date.
(d) Richard doesn't believe Dirk.
4. After Richard apologizes to Susan and she vents some of her anger, she tells him she has to work that weekend and:
(a) Kicks him out.
(b) Tells him to bring a pizza.
(c) Tickles him.
(d) Forgives him.
5. What command does the college porter give to a "strange priest" who turns out to be the Electric Monk?
(a) Shoot off.
(b) Get lost.
(c) Go fly a kite.
(d) Shove off.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this novel, what starts life on primordial Earth?
2. Who is Michael Wenton-Weakes' father?
3. Reg explains to Richard that his position was created by King George the Third to answer what?
4. After Gordon dies and looks at his body, what upsets him?
5. Once Dirk and Richard realize what the alien ghost wants, they set out to do what?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)