|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard returns from doing an errand, he finds Dirk on the phone defending a trip to Bermuda, claiming that while he was there he successfully did what?
(a) Found nineteen missing cats.
(b) Solved the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle.
(c) Traced the interconnectedness of all things.
(d) Reprogrammed thirteen Electronic Monks.
2. When the Electric Monk sits perfectly still atop his horse in a valley on a foreign world, how does everything looks to him?
3. When a dead Gordon realizes that the phone line is still open and connected to his sister's answering machine, what does he do?
(a) Taps "SOS" in code.
(b) Hangs up so the killer doesn't find her.
(c) Tosses the phone over the cliff.
(d) Tries to talk into the phone.
4. Reg's memory is starting to fade, but he's still good at what?
(a) Fruit juggling.
(b) Magic tricks.
(c) Shakespeare recitations.
(d) Number recall.
5. Why does the founder of WayForward Technologies like to call people and leave long, rambling messages on their answering machines?
(a) To think ideas through.
(b) To keep employees on their toes.
(c) To get them to answer their phones.
(d) To keep from feeling lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard goes to Susan's place to comfort her after her brother's death, he finds her doing what?
2. Richard writes Anthem, a financial spreadsheet that translates business financial numbers, into what?
3. After Dirk finally stops talking on the phone and welcomes Richard to his agency, he indicates that the light from the window works, gravity works, but with everything else, they simply have to:
4. During Richard's phone conversation with Susan about Gordon's murder, he learns that the police:
5. When Susan listens to her answering machine tape and hears Gordon's rambling message, what does she do?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)