|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
(a) Filled with unusual weather.
(b) The shortest of the year.
(c) The last of his life.
(d) Filled with angry phone calls.
2. While Richard tries to explain to Susan who his friend Dirk Gently is, who arrives?
(c) Sergeant Gilks.
3. What kind of car does Gordon Way drive?
4. Even though he's a ghost, Gordon grows tired of walking down a deserted road and wonders if he might be able to do what?
(a) Drink chai tea.
(b) Sprout wings and fly.
(c) Hitch a ride.
(d) Teleport automatically.
5. In Chapter 13, who breaks into someone's apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Dirk finally stops talking on the phone and welcomes Richard to his agency, he indicates that the light from the window works, gravity works, but with everything else, they simply have to:
2. Why does Dirk offer Richard his services as a detective?
3. Why does Dirk get an unusual phone with big red push-buttons?
4. As the Electric Monk's belief in a door in the valley solidifies into the notion that the Door is The Way, what happens?
5. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)