|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the founder of WayForward Technologies like to call people and leave long, rambling messages on their answering machines?
(a) To think ideas through.
(b) To keep from feeling lonely.
(c) To keep employees on their toes.
(d) To get them to answer their phones.
2. When Richard calls Susan to apologize for forgetting to bring her to the college dinner, he suggests they do what?
(a) Forget the whole thing happened and start over.
(b) Split up for a while and think things over.
(c) Get away to someplace sunny for a weekend or week.
(d) Get some fish and chips and watch a movie.
3. As the Electric Monk looks across a vast valley, he begins to imagine that he'll find a door here leading to where?
(a) A fast-food restaurant.
(b) The inside of the moon.
(c) A distant world.
(d) The factory where he was made.
4. During his finals, Dirk makes a bet to try to disprove what?
(a) The necessity of Electric Monks.
(b) Rumors of his psychic abilities.
(c) Rumors of tampered recipes.
(d) The theory of relativity.
5. At the end of Chapter 17, what happens as the horse relishes its newfound freedom?
(a) The Electronic Monk brings it hay.
(b) The Electric Monk lands on its back.
(c) It meets three mysterious horses.
(d) It finds itself in another small bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate Anselm, a programmer, tell Richard when she calls him as he's hunting for Dirk Gently's phone number?
2. When Reg prepares tea for Richard, he ends up spilling it all over the floor. What causes him to do this?
3. After Richard apologizes to Susan and she vents some of her anger, she tells him she has to work that weekend and:
4. At the dinner in Chapter 4, why does Sarah pass around a pot she found in Greece?
5. When Richard talks with Reg in Chapter 8, he indicates that he's in a relationship with whom?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)