|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Richard drives and leaves a lengthy message of apology on Susan's answering machine, he swerves because he sees what?
(a) The specter of Gordon Way.
(b) A horse and strange-looking monk.
(c) Reg's time machine.
(d) A purple spaceship.
2. When Richard leaves Reg's place after seeing a horse in the bathroom, he notices that:
(a) There are no scratch marks from the horse's hooves by the front door.
(b) There is a pile of hay on the front porch.
(c) There are no cars parked in front of the house.
(d) There is a second identical horse standing by the front door.
3. When Susan walks into her apartment after Richard has listened to parts of her answering machine tape, what does she do?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Drops her bag of groceries.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Throws her purse at him.
4. Why does Richard start to fall asleep at the dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Harp music is playing.
(b) He's eaten too much.
(c) The professor has hypnotized him.
(d) A reader is reciting a poem.
5. As Gordon heads towards his cabin, he's disappointed that as a ghost, he can't do what?
(a) Float or drift.
(b) Wail or moan.
(c) Pass through walls.
(d) Leave this town.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
2. As a ghostly Gordon makes his way to his cabin, he wonders what will happen to his what?
3. As the Electric Monk continues to stare at the presumed pinkness of the valley below him, what comes to his mind?
4. The Electric Monk has taken Gordon's body back to his cottage as a sacred duty, but he doesn't understand why Gordon didn't get back up the way:
5. When Richard calls L'Esprit d'Escalier, what does he find out?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)