|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the founder of WayForward Technologies like to call people and leave long, rambling messages on their answering machines?
(a) To get them to answer their phones.
(b) To think ideas through.
(c) To keep employees on their toes.
(d) To keep from feeling lonely.
2. After Michael Wenton-Weakes' father dies, who takes over the family publishing business?
(a) Michael's mother.
(b) Richard MacDuff.
(c) Michael's brother.
(d) Dirk Gently.
3. When the little girl at the dinner party in Chapter 4 grows restless and kicks the table, what does her father do?
(a) Pretends not to notice.
(b) Scolds her.
(c) Orders ice cream for her.
(d) Laughs loudly.
4. Urban Chronotis is Regius Professor of what?
5. When Richard goes out to meet Dirk at their designated meeting spot after talking with Susan, he discovers that:
(a) The hospital staff is talking about Gordon's death.
(b) The pizza place is closed.
(c) The library burned down.
(d) The coffee shop doesn't exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his finals, Dirk makes a bet to try to disprove what?
2. As the Electric Monk sits atop his horse in a valley on a foreign world, he incorrectly believes that the valley is what?
3. When Reg prepares tea for Richard, he ends up spilling it all over the floor. What causes him to do this?
4. While Richard drives and leaves a lengthy message of apology on Susan's answering machine, he swerves because he sees what?
5. The Electric Monk has taken Gordon's body back to his cottage as a sacred duty, but he doesn't understand why Gordon didn't get back up the way:
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)