|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
(a) Finding a pattern in the holistic interconnectedness of all things.
(b) Tracking down and reprogramming Electronic Monks.
(c) Guessing why horses mysteriously end up in bathrooms.
(d) Comparing fingerprints and footprints to find similarities between cases.
2. After a dead Gordon decides to try to get to his cabin, what does he notice about his body?
(a) It's missing.
(b) It has moved twenty feet.
(c) It's twitching.
(d) It doesn't look like him.
3. At the end of Chapter 17, what happens as the horse relishes its newfound freedom?
(a) The Electric Monk lands on its back.
(b) The Electronic Monk brings it hay.
(c) It finds itself in another small bathroom.
(d) It meets three mysterious horses.
4. As the Electric Monk continues to stare at the presumed pinkness of the valley below him, what comes to his mind?
(a) Doubt regarding its pinkness.
(b) The idea that pink is a pretty color.
(c) The recollection that he hasn't eaten in months.
(d) Fear that he will never move again.
5. In Chapter 13, who is the person spying with the binoculars?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dirk Cjelli make a name for himself while he's in college?
2. What happens as the Electric Monk wonders what to do about Gordon, about his own missing horse, and about his belief systems?
3. The Electric Monk is:
4. Richard writes Anthem, a financial spreadsheet that translates business financial numbers, into what?
5. After Richard has tampered with Susan's answering machine, she walks in with whom?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)