|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael Wenton-Weakes spends much of his time brooding over the loss of what?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His mansion.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His magazine.
2. After Gordon's ghost arrives at his seven-bedroom cottage, he faints upon discovering what in the kitchen?
(a) Richard's tape recorder.
(b) His missing body.
(c) Susan's cello.
(d) His missing cat.
3. After Dirk finally stops talking on the phone and welcomes Richard to his agency, he indicates that the light from the window works, gravity works, but with everything else, they simply have to:
(a) Pay the bill.
(b) Hope for the best possible outcome.
(c) Take their chances.
(d) Close their eyes and imagine it.
4. Why does Richard start to fall asleep at the dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) He's eaten too much.
(b) Harp music is playing.
(c) A reader is reciting a poem.
(d) The professor has hypnotized him.
5. In Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff attends a dinner held in honor of whom?
(a) King George the Third.
(b) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(c) The Electric Monk.
(d) Dirk Cjelli.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Electric Monk sits perfectly still atop his horse in a valley on a foreign world, how does everything looks to him?
2. In Chapter 7, when Gordon Way stops to fill his car with petrol, what else does he do?
3. How is Gordon Way related to Susan, the cellist?
4. After college and after several failed jobs, Richard MacDuff has achieved great success in what field?
5. How old is the alien ghost that roams Earth filled with guilt and loneliness?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)