|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a dead Gordon realizes that the phone line is still open and connected to his sister's answering machine, what does he do?
(a) Taps "SOS" in code.
(b) Tosses the phone over the cliff.
(c) Tries to talk into the phone.
(d) Hangs up so the killer doesn't find her.
2. At the start of Chapter 13, someone scans the sky with his binoculars and spots something that appears to be what?
(a) Secret parachute landing.
(b) Amateur burglar attempt.
(c) Alien spaceship.
(d) Shooting star.
3. Who founded WayForward Technologies?
(a) Gordon Way.
(b) Susan Way.
(c) Dirk Gently.
(d) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
4. What does the roaming alien ghost who is driven mad with guilt and loneliness want?
(a) To go back in time to correct a mistake he made.
(b) A date with the female of his dreams.
(c) A meeting with the president of the universe.
(d) To jump into another dimension where his friends are.
5. In Chapter 12, after Richard swerves wildly, slams on the brakes, and skids to a stop, he finds himself on the road:
(a) Underneath a tall truck.
(b) Hovering an inch above ground.
(c) Next to a flock of sheep.
(d) Facing the wrong way.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard wakes up at the start of Chapter 16, he decides to make it up to Susan by doing what?
2. Why does Richard start to fall asleep at the dinner in Chapter 6?
3. What kind of car does Richard MacDuff drive?
4. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
5. Once Dirk and Richard realize what the alien ghost wants, they set out to do what?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)