|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Gordon Way drives his car and leaves a lengthy phone message for Susan, what does he hear?
(a) An explosion to the west.
(b) A huge jet flying overhead.
(c) A noise coming from the car trunk.
(d) A loud siren all around him.
2. What does Richard do right after Reg explains there's a horse in the upstairs bathroom?
(a) Tackles him.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Calls his attorney.
(d) Runs away.
3. As the Electric Monk looks across a vast valley, he begins to imagine that he'll find a door here leading to where?
(a) The factory where he was made.
(b) A fast-food restaurant.
(c) The inside of the moon.
(d) A distant world.
4. As Gordon heads towards his cabin, he's disappointed that as a ghost, he can't do what?
(a) Leave this town.
(b) Wail or moan.
(c) Float or drift.
(d) Pass through walls.
5. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
(a) Finding a pattern in the holistic interconnectedness of all things.
(b) Guessing why horses mysteriously end up in bathrooms.
(c) Comparing fingerprints and footprints to find similarities between cases.
(d) Tracking down and reprogramming Electronic Monks.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he searches for a door in the valley, the Electric Monk is temporarily distracted by a what?
2. As a ghostly Gordon makes his way to his cabin, he wonders what will happen to his what?
3. In Dirk's office, he and Richard talk about Schrodinger's Cat, which is what?
4. What happens to the glowing object that is stuck on primordial Earth?
5. Reg explains to Richard that his position was created by King George the Third to answer what?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)