|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dirk finally stops talking on the phone and welcomes Richard to his agency, he indicates that the light from the window works, gravity works, but with everything else, they simply have to:
(a) Take their chances.
(b) Hope for the best possible outcome.
(c) Pay the bill.
(d) Close their eyes and imagine it.
2. While Gordon Way drives his car and leaves a lengthy phone message for Susan, what does he hear?
(a) A noise coming from the car trunk.
(b) An explosion to the west.
(c) A loud siren all around him.
(d) A huge jet flying overhead.
3. Why does the founder of WayForward Technologies like to call people and leave long, rambling messages on their answering machines?
(a) To get them to answer their phones.
(b) To think ideas through.
(c) To keep employees on their toes.
(d) To keep from feeling lonely.
4. Why does Dirk offer Richard his services as a detective?
(a) Police suspect Richard of stealing a horse.
(b) Richard's cat has been missing since Easter.
(c) Richard is afraid Susan is seeing Michael behind his back.
(d) Police suspect Richard of being involved in Gordon's murder.
5. Thinking about the figure in his trunk, a ghostly Gordon wonders if it really was wearing what?
(a) A pink tie.
(b) Ninja clothes.
(c) Pirate clothes.
(d) A hood.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 13, someone scans the sky with his binoculars and spots something that appears to be what?
2. How does Reg amuse a little girl named Sarah who is bored at the dinner party in Chapter 4?
3. What does Richard do after taking the tape out of Susan Way's answering machine?
4. Who founded WayForward Technologies?
5. As a light rain falls on primordial Earth, what is stuck as a river of mud flows past it?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)