|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard talks with Reg in Chapter 8, he indicates that he's in a relationship with whom?
(a) Kate Anselm.
(b) Kubla Kahn.
(c) Susan Way.
(d) Padma Singh.
2. When Richard goes out to meet Dirk at their designated meeting spot after talking with Susan, he discovers that:
(a) The coffee shop doesn't exist.
(b) The pizza place is closed.
(c) The hospital staff is talking about Gordon's death.
(d) The library burned down.
3. What kind of car does Gordon Way drive?
4. As the Electric Monk continues to stare at the presumed pinkness of the valley below him, what comes to his mind?
(a) The idea that pink is a pretty color.
(b) The recollection that he hasn't eaten in months.
(c) Doubt regarding its pinkness.
(d) Fear that he will never move again.
5. What happens when Richard scans Susan Way's answering machine tape in search of his own message?
(a) The TV turns on.
(b) The doorbell rings.
(c) The phone rings.
(d) The teapot whistles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the roaming alien ghost who is driven mad with guilt and loneliness want?
2. As the Electric Monk's belief in a door in the valley solidifies into the notion that the Door is The Way, what happens?
3. When the little girl at the dinner party in Chapter 4 grows restless and kicks the table, what does her father do?
4. What does Kate Anselm, a programmer, tell Richard when she calls him as he's hunting for Dirk Gently's phone number?
5. When Richard calls L'Esprit d'Escalier, what does he find out?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)