|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the little girl at the dinner party in Chapter 4 grows restless and kicks the table, what does her father do?
(a) Laughs loudly.
(b) Scolds her.
(c) Orders ice cream for her.
(d) Pretends not to notice.
2. In Chapter 12, after Richard swerves wildly, slams on the brakes, and skids to a stop, he finds himself on the road:
(a) Facing the wrong way.
(b) Underneath a tall truck.
(c) Next to a flock of sheep.
(d) Hovering an inch above ground.
3. Why does Richard start to fall asleep at the dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) A reader is reciting a poem.
(b) The professor has hypnotized him.
(c) He's eaten too much.
(d) Harp music is playing.
4. What does the roaming alien ghost who is driven mad with guilt and loneliness want?
(a) To go back in time to correct a mistake he made.
(b) A meeting with the president of the universe.
(c) To jump into another dimension where his friends are.
(d) A date with the female of his dreams.
5. How does Reg amuse a little girl named Sarah who is bored at the dinner party in Chapter 4?
(a) Juggling five fruits at the same time.
(b) Doing mathematical tricks.
(c) Making things disappear and reappear.
(d) Singing silly songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Electric Monk's belief in a door in the valley solidifies into the notion that the Door is The Way, what happens?
2. What is the relationship between Richard MacDuff and private investigator Dirk Gently?
3. In Dirk's office, he and Richard talk about Schrodinger's Cat, which is what?
4. At the start of Chapter 13, someone scans the sky with his binoculars and spots something that appears to be what?
5. When Richard leafs through the phone book looking for Dirk Gently's phone number, he:
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)