|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Dirk and Richard realize what the alien ghost wants, they set out to do what?
(a) Trap him.
(b) Dissolve him.
(c) Stop him.
(d) Help him.
2. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
(a) Comparing fingerprints and footprints to find similarities between cases.
(b) Finding a pattern in the holistic interconnectedness of all things.
(c) Guessing why horses mysteriously end up in bathrooms.
(d) Tracking down and reprogramming Electronic Monks.
3. While Richard drives and leaves a lengthy message of apology on Susan's answering machine, he swerves because he sees what?
(a) A purple spaceship.
(b) The specter of Gordon Way.
(c) Reg's time machine.
(d) A horse and strange-looking monk.
4. At the opening of Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff is walking across the campus of St. Cedd's with whom?
(a) CEO Gordon Way.
(b) Detective Svlad Cjelli.
(c) Cellist Susan Way.
(d) Professor Urban Chronotis.
5. When Richard leafs through the phone book looking for Dirk Gently's phone number, he:
(a) Discovers that pages are missing from the phone book.
(b) Finds twelve different numbers under the same name.
(c) Has trouble finding it.
(d) Finds it under Dirk's former name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard do after taking the tape out of Susan Way's answering machine?
2. In Chapter 7, when Gordon Way stops to fill his car with petrol, what else does he do?
3. When he was living, what did the alien ghost driven to madness hope to accomplish on Earth?
4. When Richard goes out to meet Dirk at their designated meeting spot after talking with Susan, he discovers that:
5. When Gordon Way leaves a message on Susan's answering machine, what does he request of her?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)