|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the founder of WayForward Technologies like to call people and leave long, rambling messages on their answering machines?
(a) To think ideas through.
(b) To keep employees on their toes.
(c) To keep from feeling lonely.
(d) To get them to answer their phones.
2. With Richard at his detective agency, Dirk talks by phone to a woman whose cat he found and tries to convince her to do what?
(a) Pay the bill.
(b) Recommend him to another client.
(c) Feed her cat.
(d) Move to Moscow.
3. What does Kate Anselm, a programmer, tell Richard when she calls him as he's hunting for Dirk Gently's phone number?
(a) She can't finish her work.
(b) She can't reach Gordon.
(c) She can't finish her dinner.
(d) She can't reach Susan.
4. When the little girl at the dinner party in Chapter 4 grows restless and kicks the table, what does her father do?
(a) Orders ice cream for her.
(b) Pretends not to notice.
(c) Laughs loudly.
(d) Scolds her.
5. After Richard apologizes to Susan and she vents some of her anger, she tells him she has to work that weekend and:
(a) Forgives him.
(b) Tickles him.
(c) Kicks him out.
(d) Tells him to bring a pizza.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reg amuse a little girl named Sarah who is bored at the dinner party in Chapter 4?
2. At first, Dirk Gently wants to help the roaming alien ghost using what?
3. In Chapter 13, who breaks into someone's apartment?
4. When Richard returns from doing an errand, he finds Dirk on the phone defending a trip to Bermuda, claiming that while he was there he successfully did what?
5. After college and after several failed jobs, Richard MacDuff has achieved great success in what field?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)